• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Urban tipped his hand earlier when talking about their leadership abilities.
That and they don't need a QB to do a ton with Elliott out there and the schedule they play. They need someone that knows the playbook well and won't make mistakes or force things. JT is more of that guy.

I could still see Urban letting Cardale play quite a bit.

That and they don't need a QB to do a ton with Elliott out there and the schedule they play. They need someone that knows the playbook well and won't make mistakes or force things. JT is more of that guy.

Exactly. J.T is there for short passing game and if you need the deep ball to keep the secondary honest, throw Cardale in. It doesn't matter who is qb because either way.

Cardale is an up and down guy, reminds me of tp; when they were on they were on. Jt is very mellow and doesn't have emotional swings

JT also is way better at spreading the ball around to different wr. While I was researching ask years games last week I had forgot how good JT was

knew that was coming.

less about the players, more for the expectations of the bluehairs who think hiring someone that doesn't curse publically is the reason they'll get back to a championship.

Well maybe we are just foolish and maybe Eichorst knows more than us?

he's like a Manchurian candidate for Wisconsin I think is the most popular conspiracy theory. Fire their decent coach and hire a potentially sub-par coach. Either way, he wins, he's a genius. If he doesn't, On Wisconsin to wait till Barry croaks for his job.

So Big Ten conference preview is supposed to be on and they are showing the SEC even though they are showing it again in a few hours.

I feel the disrespect.

Draxal

knew that was coming.

less about the players, more for the expectations of the bluehairs who think hiring someone that doesn't cuss publically is the reason they'll get back to a championship.

While I don't think the bluehairs didn't like his cursing that much, I thought they hated his staff more than they hated him.

cdyhybrid

Rumblings on $9.95 that true freshman Jake Browning (although he came in early for spring ball) has been named the starting QB. Junior Jeff Lindquist had seemingly led throughout spring and fall up until practices were closed a week ago, so if Browning is indeed the starter it means he either really came on in the past week or Lindquist fell apart.

Most people expected Browning to redshirt this year and take over next season, but we might just be starting the Browning era right now.

AntoneM

Offense was supposed o be NDSU's strength this year, but it has looked abysmal outside of the opening drive.

I know they are a pound the ball team and usually rack up points in the 3rd and 4th, still though.

That NDSU QB run threat and their o-line are just running all over Montana.

.edit: Either one team figures out defense at the half or its a grand shootout with nearly 90 points scored when all is said and done.

FyreWulff

Did you want to keep Bo?

You mean the coach that was producing consistent 9 win minimum seasons and wasn't running a completely botched west coast offense that produced the first losing Nebraska season in forever?

New AD, new coach, ad infinitum.

I'm like the worst homer but I seriously hope people realize 1995 is fucking over sooner or later.

I'm like the worst homer but I seriously hope people realize 1995 is fucking over sooner or later.

It's kind of funny that the huskers are opening up vs. BYU because it's two of the most stuck-in-the-past fanbases in the country, Also, please beat the coogies into a pulp, thnx.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
You mean the coach that was producing consistent 9 win minimum seasons and wasn't running a completely botched west coast offense that produced the first losing Nebraska season in forever?

New AD, new coach, ad infinitum.

You just have to keep saying you are back. Eventually it will become true.

I know where this comes from :D

The thing about FSU is that even when Jeff Bowden was spinning a twister wheel to do play calling, FSU always had those insane recruiting classes. They really didn't miss much of a beat there. Nebraska on the other hand is in a slightly harder spot.

FyreWulff

It's kind of funny that the huskers are opening up vs. BYU because it's two of the most stuck-in-the-past fanbases in the country, Also, please beat the coogies into a pulp, thnx.

People seem to want to ignore that Nebraska doesn't have the pick of the litter anymore. College football got more and more parity and nobody wants to play for a team that plays in the cold and isn't a good path to the NFL if you're on offense or a QB.

Ol' Tom could run his massive walk-on tryouts back when Nebraska was one of your only hopes to get on TV or to a bowl game. Now you can play for a paycheck-game school and you'll be on at least one of the ESPNs more than once a year and near-losing teams are allowed to go to the post season. Times have changed, motherfuckers. There have been recent seasons where Nebraska could have won it all and they wouldn't have gone to the NC game. And I wouldn't have wanted them there because they would have gotten stomped like the last time we went down the wrong hallway and ended up in the National Championship game.

Every time the media starts saying this, Nebraska implodes.

KingGondo

Banned
@Jake_Trotter: Daxx Garman, who transferred from Oklahoma State in the offseason, No. 3 QB on Maryland’s Week 1 depth chart. Perry Hills won job
That's how bad things were last year. Playing most of the season with a third-string B1G QB.

ag-my001

Can't agree going for three here. Still need a TD, but NDSU can put it back to two scores with no time left.

Edit: Now if you know they'll throw two incomplete passes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom