• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broank

I feel bad for the kid even if they are a rival but IDK if it will affect OSU as much as a lot might think. Urban has a great system, I mean Guiton looked just as good or better then Miller when he came in the last couple years so they should be able to plug in the next guy and be at least decent still.

jakncoke

Banned
Gata level thuggery jak.

:3

I feel bad for the kid even if they are a rival but IDK if it will affect OSU as much as a lot might think. Urban has a great system, I mean Guiton looked just as good or better then Miller when he came in the last couple years so they should be able to plug in the next guy and be at least decent still.

I dont, he was never going to be anything in the pros and he'll leave with a degree. Injury changes really nothing in his life besides a possible bcs bowl meltdown. So this is a positive impact on his life as he wont have a shane falco moment!

andycapps

Popcorn gif is a bannable offense now? Man its amazing how I dont catch random bans with all these new bannable offenses over the years.
I thought they banned that, the Orson Welles clapping gif, etc a long time ago. People overused all those, so it would be understandable. Maybe I just misremembered.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
As for the Braxton news

pointing-and-laughing.gif

Fuck ohio st.
Laughing at an injured player?

T686gwu.gif

Let's look at key diff. Smooth jazz was a 5th year senior who had worked with a lot of the wr for years. We have a redshirt freshman coming in now who, while being the #1 dual threat qb in 2013, has looked very pedestrian.

Games vs navy and va tech just got a lot harder

There's tons of talent on the offense, but the oline is new and we don't have a workhorse rb this year.

jakncoke

Banned
I thought they banned that, the Orson Welles clapping gif, etc a long time ago. People overused all those, so it would be understandable. Maybe I just misremembered.

Yeah something is funny once then every other person tries to apply it to posts to try and make a funny before you know it forum is flooded by the meme.

It popped during a routine throw, somehow this is more devastating than happening in the middle of the season or during a game. ugggggggggggggggggggggggggh

There was concern they were rushing him back, guess we now know

Enfinit

With this news, I don't think Ohio State's in the playoff discussion, but I still think they have a chance for the Big 10 title. Michigan State should be the undisputed favorites to win the conference now...

With this news, I don't think Ohio State's in the playoff discussion, but I still think they have a chance for the Big 10 title. Michigan State should be the undisputed favorites to win the conference now...

I really think sparty caught lightening in a bottle last year, not to mention they had a stud secondary which is now half gone. We all know, sparty gonna spart.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ehh.

It sucks, obviously, but for whatever reason I just don't freak out about stuff like this anymore.

We've got some quality QBs behind Braxton. Time for them to step up.

I really think sparty caught lightening in a bottle last year, not to mention they had a stud secondary which is now half gone. We all know, sparty gonna spart.

Spartan fan so I'm biased, but I think they're going to contend for a long time now. Dantonio is one of the best coaches in the country and does a great job developing guys that fit his system. Roster looks pretty loaded. OSU is still going to be tough, even if Braxton is out.

Spartan fan so I'm biased, but I think they're going to contend for a long time now. Dantonio is one of the best coaches in the country and does a great job developing guys that fit his system. Roster looks pretty loaded. OSU is still going to be tough, even if Braxton is out.

Im a big Dantonio fan, hes an OSU guy! :p, but that defense was a beast last year and kept them in it.

inm8num2

Tough break for Braxton. Hope he has a smooth recovery.

I'm excited to see how the Spartans respond after a dreamlike year. B1G champs, Rose Bowl champs - something we Spartans hadn't tasted for too long. I think this team will contend again, but I think it's all going to come down to Cook. He was playing pretty damn well late last year and showed great progression throughout the season. While the defense will still be stout and very solid, it seems to be like this year the offense could set the tone.

Jhriad

Hope to hear good news for you Buckeye fans. Really hate to see players go down anytime and especially in their senior year.

BTN shows ABC/ESPN games even though theyre own by Fox. I assume they just buy the rights

If you're talking about rebroadcasts after the season the schools/conferences retain those rights so they can show them on their network if they're worth watching. Fairly sure they retain the rights for rebroadcast during the season so long as it's been a specified time since that particular gameday.

And Ohio State will STILL beat Michigan.

So long as Hoke is coaching in Ann Arbor everyone will have their opportunity to beat Michigan. I hear Rutgers and Maryland are really looking forward to a break from their tough conference schedules when they play the Maize and Blue.

If Iowa can manage to get 3rd in the west, I'll be surprised. They always manage to fuck it up against someone that they should beat every season.

Iowa could run the table if they don't fuck up. Have you seen their schedule? They only play 2 opponents worth a damn, and those are home games. Still, I'll predict they go 9-3

Hearing more on Brax, theyre saying he dislocated it yesterady. If theres no damage could be fine, wont know until MRI this morning. I highly doubt he will be ready for Navy even on best case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom