• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Seeing as how this thread has almost run its course, I thought I'd take a look at the "hall of shame" so far:

Who Posted? Total Posts: 5,710
User Name Posts
andycapps 786
mre 549
Lonestar 400
perfectchaos007 330
cdyhybrid 328
bucknuticus 314
Draxal 288
Randolph Freelander 205
Cyan 156
Talon 153
Monroeski 151
cashman 127
Mark Richt has clearly lost control of andy. Jesus. It's not even close between him and second place.

I would like to point out that these are the top 12 posters in the thread. Who was #13, you ask? GoldenEye. Like UCF's attempts to join a major conference, our beloved Citronaut fell just short. There's always next year, little buddy!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, I cut back on a lot of posting. Tough stuff in real life, less free time at work to goof off on the internet (besides right now), and lack of interesting offseason conversations (RIP MDC), make Lonestar bored.

Still end up 3rd :lol

Man, I'm 8th on the list and I couldn't tell you the names of any recruits and most starters on Florida State or Duke.

Who's doing something wrong here? Me or the rest of you? :/

Is he the one shaking his shoulders in the office?
Yeah
Von_dance_Madden.gif

Draxal

Man, I'm 8th on the list and I couldn't tell you the names of any recruits and most starters on Florida State or Duke.

Who's doing something wrong here? Me or the rest of you? :/

Offseason is offseason and we didn't have anything like invisible girlfriends or girlfriends on motorcycles this year.

Limedust

Glorious.

For only his second game as a pro, former LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger had a pretty good outing for the Tennessee Titans in their NFL preseason game against the New Orleans Saints. Receiving extended playing time during his return to Louisiana after Tennessee's No. 2 QB, Charlie Whitehurst, went out with a hand injury, Mettenberger completed 20 of 25 passes for 269 yards and two touchdowns in a 31-24 loss on Friday night in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

But the interception he threw seemed to gall him after the game. And not just the INT, but who picked it off.

"It went right to Vinnie Sunseri, of all people -- freaking Alabama," Mettenberger told the Times-Picayune's Terrance Harris after the game.

vinnie-sunseri-1553e15e968f0176.jpg

andycapps

Seeing as how this thread has almost run its course, I thought I'd take a look at the "hall of shame" so far:

Mark Richt has clearly lost control of andy. Jesus. It's not even close between him and second place.

I would like to point out that these are the top 12 posters in the thread. Who was #13, you ask? GoldenEye. Like UCF's attempts to join a major conference, our beloved Citronaut fell just short. There's always next year, little buddy!

Hey look at that, UCF still not playing with the big boys. The rest of you need to get on my level.

I am more than happy to cede Rutgers posting to Draxal for the year.

I am still retooling myself into a Cal Bear life long (one year) fan.

I fear that we don't have any Cal fans posting in this thread anymore and this is a situation that needs to be rectified.

I am more than happy to cede Rutgers posting to Draxal for the year.

I am still retooling myself into a Cal Bear life long (one year) fan.

I fear that we don't have any Cal fans posting in this thread anymore and this is a situation that needs to be rectified.

I don't know, but in consideration of thread needs, I think we need more people singing Rocky Top.

Well on the bright side, this whole team is young. Braxton is really the only big name on either side thats gone after this year, so if JT can come in and show potential could be looking at next 2 years as making a run easily.

Also doesnt hurt that JT has taken all the 1s snaps this entire spring.

Well on the bright side, this whole team is young. Braxton is really the only big name on either side thats gone after this year, so if JT can come in and show potential could be looking at next 2 years as making a run easily.
brax could still come back for 2015 if he wants. A med red is separate from a freshman redshirt. Jordan Shipley was on the Texas football team for 6 years by getting both

brax could still come back for 2015 if he wants. A med red is separate from a freshman redshirt. Jordan Shipley was on the Texas football team for 6 years by getting both

Brax never redshirted at all period so its still an option, but Urban had to convince him to comeback. I dont see him coming back, he knows he needs to get his money while he can.

On the bright side the backup is Joe Bausersuck anymore so thats a plus.....

tOSU odds just went from 12/1 to 50/1

Edit: Man this one hurts, Braxtons such a good dude and is easily top 3 QB to come through this school.

Schmitty

Maybe now PSU has a chance this year against OSU at home if PSU's defense shows up.

What's the over/under on pick 6's tis year?

thank god nobody will see those undershirts...and those are the special Shamrock Series unis. The everyday unis are pretty much what we had last year.

I didn't see us seriously competing for a national title this year, even with Brax. The team is really, really young.

Our losses will be pretty minimal next year, and now Brax's replacement (presumably Barrett, unless he ends up being a bust) will likely have a full season under his belt a year from now.

It's an obvious loss for this year's team, but potentially a pretty big benefit for next year and beyond.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, that shit ain't happening.

UW could really improve and have a nice year but barring a huge injury plague hitting Palo Alto and Eugene they're finishing 2nd at best.

I expect us to finish second since we get Stanford at home but have to play at Oregon. Assuming everything else stays chalk, that is. League schedule is tough but we get all the good teams aside from Oregon at home (Stanford, ASU, UCLA, OSU).

andycapps

I didn't see us seriously competing for a national title this year, even with Brax. The team is really, really young.

Our losses will be pretty minimal next year, and now Brax's replacement (presumably Barrett, unless he ends up being a bust) will likely have a full season under his belt a year from now.

It's an obvious loss for this year's team, but potentially a pretty big benefit for next year and beyond.

This is true, at least he has all the gameplanning for first week opponent to practice with the 1's and get as much experience as possible. Really, they have enough talent at tOSU to where a competent QB should be okay. I'm sure Meyer is telling him they don't need him to come in and try to win games on his own. Just be like a Bama QB and pick the safest option on every single play and attempt to protect the football.

mre

This is true, at least he has all the gameplanning for first week opponent to practice with the 1's and get as much experience as possible. Really, they have enough talent at tOSU to where a competent QB should be okay. I'm sure Meyer is telling him they don't need him to come in and try to win games on his own. Just be like a Bama QB and pick the safest option on every single play and attempt to protect the football.
Other than LSU and possibly Auburn, all the guy needs to do is hand it off to Yeldon, Henry, and Drake, pick up 1 or 2 first downs, and make short accurate throws.

andycapps

Other than LSU and possibly Auburn, all the guy needs to do is hand it off to Yeldon, Henry, and Drake, pick up 1 or 2 first downs, and make short accurate throws.

Wait, we're not talking about Coker. We're talking about tOSU's QB. I don't think they have established running backs, but I'm sure they have talent ready. But the example still holds up. Hand it to your running backs, take the easy passes, move the chains, etc. Don't have to be a hero on every play.

mre

Wait, we're not talking about Coker. We're talking about tOSU's QB. I don't think they have established running backs, but I'm sure they have talent ready. But the example still holds up. Hand it to your running backs, take the easy passes, move the chains, etc. Don't have to be a hero on every play.
I realize that, but I was expounding on all our QB will have to do. And our starter against WVU will be Sims. I guaran-damn-tee it.

JT has been practicing with the 1s all spring as Braxton hasnt practiced at all until mid last week.

As for the RB situation we have more out in the open kind of guys. Ezekiell Elliot will get most the looks, expect to see a lot of flares and screens to him. The OC has been talking a lot about of running more of a west coast spread offense this season, I would expect to see ALOT of quick short passes this season.

andycapps

I realize that, but I was expounding on all our QB will have to do. And our starter against WVU will be Sims. I guaran-damn-tee it.

Bama could play without a QB and win that game, so that doesn't really matter. 5th year senior probably does have the edge with Saban, just because he's been there so long and knows what Saban values.

JT has been practicing with the 1s all spring as Braxton hasnt practiced at all until mid last week.

As for the RB situation we have more out in the open kind of guys. Ezekiell Elliot will get most the looks, expect to see a lot of flares and screens to him. The OC has been talking a lot about of running more of a west coast spread offense this season, I would expect to see ALOT of quick short passes this season.

That's good for him then. We'll see how it goes. The first few games are really only going to be glorified practices anyway. Sorry VA Tech.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Sounds like Texas is gearing up to close in our South endzone.

Might boost our attendance numbers up to 107k or so.

Hopefully they would also redo the West deck and lower bowl to remove some seats and put in a bit better infrastructure to wind up with a comfy 103-104k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom