• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
How did the Ouya turn out anyways. Only thing I know about it is beyond kickstarter people that no one really bought it

P4G is a Japanase Rpg that take place in a rural Japanese town, and you're basically playing as the Japanese equivalent of the scooby doo gang. If you can tolerate super japanese games, it's a really good game, but the setting/scope might be offputting.

NERD

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Manny Diaz is getting/has been hired as the new DC at Louisiana Tech.

whenever I see Manny's name listed, it's usually with hired/fired in the sentence. So much so, my brain often will get those 2 words mixed up. My first impression from reading this, was that he was rapidly hired and fired from LT. Which still might have a chance of happening.

According to sources the Notre Dame/Underarmor deal is the largest in college...at about $90 million. But it could turn out to be larger because ND can collect some of it in stock options.

ag-my001

As the many recent "Year of the Kickers" has proven, extra points are far from automatic at the college level. Plus they already kick from further back.

So if the NFL removes PATs, would the NCAA be likely to follow suit?

I would imagine so. But as much as a formality PAT's are, I don't think you can eliminate them without compromising the game's principals.

For example, if a TD is worth 7 points, going for 2 points takes off 1 point if missed. I don't like the idea of subtracting points in a football game without a penalty being the sole reason.

Also, if they leave the TD worth 6 points with the option of going for 2 OR simply accepting a 1 point add-on, that also compromises the game's principal of scoring without a FG or endzone play.

So as automatic as PAT's are, I think they should stay for those reasons.

As the many recent "Year of the Kickers" has proven, extra points are far from automatic at the college level. Plus they already kick from further back.
Does anyone know what the success rate is at the college level? That article on the NFL quotes Goodell as saying that they only missed about 5 out of 1200 at the pro level.

ag-my001

CFBstats to the rescue!

For 2013: 5690 attempts, 5513 made, for a success rate of 96.9%. A good bit lower than the NFL; not quite automatic.

Interesting site, but I don't see data for 2pt. attempts. It would be interesting to see how many attempts are made per game and compare that to the pros, despite having the extra yard to cover.

oh I'm in gaming side?

everyone should buy Bravely Default

*leaves*

on topic: I wonder what FG% from certain ranges are in college vs NFL

Lonestar

Kickers.....

usYxcUa.png

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
A local radio host today proposed kicking the extra point from the part of the field where the ball crossed the goal line, kind of like rugby (though in rugby it's where the ball touches down, not where it crosses the line). Run a touchdown in down the sideline, have to kick the ball from the sideline.

Lonestar

I've enjoyed watching spelunky on giant bomb, but it looks too "tedious" for my patience level.

Gravity rush is pretty good so far. Didn't expect the RPG stat building aspect.

Know what Vita needs? A proper Suikoden game.

Fucking Kickers, Mayne

cashman

Banned
I need to get a PS3 someday so I can actually play all the games I bought on PS+. I got that thing months ago hoping to stockpile on backwards compatible games for the PS4.

Draxal

How about kicking it from where the play started.

Oh, Oregon just scored a 96-yard TD? 96-yard PAT try, bitches!

Or we could have the Iron Bowl sequel with nonstop 70-109 yard touchdown returns of missed extra points/field goals .

george_us

Underage college kids drinking.

Oooooh the humanity!!!!
When your dumb ass gets caught not once, not twice, but three times doing it, I don't really have any sympathy for you. How he got caught three times is the biggest mystery to me. When I went to OSU you had to try real hard to get caught for underage drinking.

Branduil

A local radio host today proposed kicking the extra point from the part of the field where the ball crossed the goal line, kind of like rugby (though in rugby it's where the ball touches down, not where it crosses the line). Run a touchdown in down the sideline, have to kick the ball from the sideline.

Honestly I think that's a silly and gimmicky idea. It's basically saying that touchdowns scored near the pylons are worth less for some inexplicable reason.

I got a Wii U back on launch day but I rarely play it. I'm slowly playing through Mario 3D world, but there's nothing groundbreaking about that game or any other first party sequels Nintendo has released thus far on the system. I hear W101 is good, but I have never been captivated by superheros or that genre. As a kid I admired Mario and Bugs Bunny way more than Superman, Batman, Spiderman etc.

andycapps

So who plays the Wii U?? cricket...

Nope, they suckered me into getting a Wii twice. Not worth buying for just their exclusives, to me anyway. Sold the first Wii because I had nothing to play, and then the wife wanted it again so I got another one. Hasn't been played in 3 years or so.

When your dumb ass gets caught not once, not twice, but three times doing it, I don't really have any sympathy for you. How he got caught three times is the biggest mystery to me. When I went to OSU you had to try real hard to get caught for underage drinking.

Oh no doubt he's a dumbass.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So who plays the Wii U?? cricket...

My wife wanted one and got one after Christmas. Super Mario 3d World is a great game and Nintendoland has some fun mini games, but that's all we've got. It's a neat little system. Not only can you use the game pad for off-screen play of some Wii U games, but you can do it for the Wii games as well. Through some Nintendo sorcery the gamepad functions as a tv screen + sensor bar.

Lonestar

I'll get a wiiu eventually, probably when that X game comes out (I fricken loved Xenoblade). But yeah, count me in on wanting Nintendo to go third party. I'd love to play Zelda, Mario, and Metroid games, but that's all that system has.

I also feel the same about the 3DS. If that newest Mario game was on it, I'd have picked it up with the new Zelda game, but when I realized they're on separate systems, I backed off.

Why didn't they put in Griffin from the 13 yard line instead of running it on 4th and 1???

I'll get a wiiu eventually, probably when that X game comes out (I fricken loved Xenoblade). But yeah, count me in on wanting Nintendo to go third party. I'd love to play Zelda, Mario, and Metroid games, but that's all that system has.

I also feel the same about the 3DS. If that newest Mario game was on it, I'd have picked it up with the new Zelda game, but when I realized they're on separate systems, I backed off.

Why didn't they put in Griffin from the 13 yard line instead of running it on 4th and 1???

One Nintendo system is enough to scratch the itch for me. Two's a bit overkill.

andycapps

Oh no doubt he's a dumbass.

Most likely he's like a lot of these athletes who think they're invincible and flaunt that they're an athlete. Best way to get away with what other students get away with is to be quiet about it. Or, you also use your brain to understand that people know who you are because you're an athlete, so you're not going to get away with stuff regular students can. You have the spotlight on you everywhere you go.

Lonestar

About FSU's Coker:

Saban and Lance Thompson met with Coker today and apparently the visit was "outstanding". Coker has been granted his release from FSU, Alabama is the odds on favorite to land him, and a decision should come sooner rather than later.

@Andrew_Gribble: Saban was asked a direct question about Jacob Coker. Declined to answer it because it'd be like talking about a recruit.

It's Happening.gif

Though, I'd still rather Cornwell or Bateman win the job. Younger talent, chose to come to Alabama originally rather than through a loophole. Maybe Coker will light it up and be a 1 and done player, giving those other 2 (or Ricky Town if he does sign up) a chance for 2-3 year starting roles.

Also, not a Southern School. Whew.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

I wish they'd put Fire Emblem back on the big screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom