• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

FSU got outbid by Mississippi State for their DC. I don't know anything about Charles Kelly, but I have to think they went cheap on this one.

Possibly. Kelly has been one of the primary candidates since Pruitt left though so who knows. I'd imagine he'll get a nice bump in salary but there hasn't been any news about the amount that I've seen. He made somewhere between $275-$325k last season while Sunseri was at $200k.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
My grandma always wanted to see Cal get back to the Rose Bowl before she died. Sadly, after coming really close in the early oughts, it just wasn't meant to be. I used to call her after home games while I was leaving the stadium, and (if it was early in the season) we'd talk about our Rose Bowl chances.

One of the songs played at her wake was the Cal fight song. :)
Well, now don't we all feel like assholes for our "great season to be a Cal Bear" jokes. :(

Karakand

AHAHAHAHAHAHA KARL DORRELL IS GONNA BE VANDERBILT'S OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SEC DEFENSES ARE ON NOTICE

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Bes99D9IgAEp8F2.jpg

Ok, I'd be weirded out if Nick Saban and Kirby Smart walked into a room I was in, and they were both smiling.

On a similar level to turning around while at the bank teller and seeing a guy with a gun.

jakncoke

Banned
Im surprised Michael O'Connor didnt jump ship. Surely Hackenberg is penciled in till he leaves and I dont see Hack becoming good enough to go early, so he has 3 more years of starting. Maybe will be a cases of doesnt win the job and leaves for a div1-aa team or something idk

Another Rutgers decommit.

You're doing a great job Flood, keep it up! You don't get to bankroll those unused scholarships for next year. it doesn't matter anyway because you won't be here next year.

Rutgers hasn't had a DC since December 8th.

WHATS THE HOLD UP

Draxal

Another Rutgers decommit.

You're doing a great job Flood, keep it up! You don't get to bankroll those unused scholarships for next year. it doesn't matter anyway because you won't be here next year.

Rutgers hasn't had a DC since December 8th.

WHATS THE HOLD UP

DC: Sirpopopipop
OC: RutgersAl

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
It's kind of funny to read articles about our coaches talking to a 2015 recruit (Ryan Newsome) that is 5'9", 171 lbs and telling him that he'll be a "bigger version" of Tech players (Wes Welker historically and Jakeem Grant currently).

andycapps

UGA just hired Tracy Rocker of the Titans for their defensive line coach. Former Auburn player and was coach there in 2010. Also coached previously in the SEC at Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Cincinnati. Really impressed with the defensive hires and they have one more to go.

: 5-star QB. RT @RickyTownQB: Today I have de-committed from Alabama. It was an honor to get to know Coach Saban and the Alabama fans.

Kyfkins track record with qbs already working wonder in bama

andycapps

: 5-star QB. RT @RickyTownQB: Today I have de-committed from Alabama. It was an honor to get to know Coach Saban and the Alabama fans.

I actually saw the AJC's Michael Carvell attribute Bama's #1 recruiting class to Kiffin, even though they already had that title before he was hired as OC. Carvell is an idiot though.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
But Tech lost to the same exact teams this year.

I am pretty much 100% positive we would have lost more with Tuberville as coach.

Same overall record but pretty much everything else about the program, both football and non football related, is more optimistic; player attitudes, fan support, recruiting, media treatment, everything. Before Tuberville left everyone knew we were in for a disappointing 2013 lame duck season and a firing afterwards (which is why he skipped town in the first place) so there was very little excitement at all. You could see it in his body language, you could hear it in his voice, and you could see it in his recruiting; there was no commitment to the program even in the mid-term at all.

cashman

Banned
I am pretty much 100% positive we would have lost more with Tuberville as coach.

Same overall record but pretty much everything else about the program, both football and non football related, is more optimistic; player attitudes, fan support, recruiting, media treatment, everything. Before Tuberville left everyone knew we were in for a disappointing 2013 lame duck season and a firing afterwards (which is why he skipped town in the first place) so there was very little excitement at all. You could see it in his body language, you could hear it in his voice, and you could see it in his recruiting; there was no commitment to the program even in the mid-term at all.
I'll admit, I thought there was no way Tech would even win 5 games this year. Koach Kliff did a pretty good job this year.

btw one of our CB recuits is flipping to baylor so Texas might end up getting Jashawn Johnson to flip from Tech.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
UGA just hired Tracy Rocker of the Titans for their defensive line coach. Former Auburn player and was coach there in 2010. Also coached previously in the SEC at Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Cincinnati. Really impressed with the defensive hires and they have one more to go.
Good pick up. I'm sure the Auburn fans are pleased with that hire.

It had more to do with USC not having him as a head coach. He was always leaning USC provided they were heading in a stable direction. Wish the kid luck and I'm glad he did it today instead of a year from today.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'll admit, I thought there was no way Tech would even win 5 games this year. Koach Kliff did a pretty good job this year.

btw one of our CB recuits is flipping to baylor so Texas might end up getting Jashawn Johnson to flip from Tech.

I've come to grips with the fact that as soon as an actual offer is made Johnson is gone to UT.

Who's switching?

Apparently June Jones has been everywhere this last month except recruiting for SMU. He's been golfing and in Hawaii right in the prime recruiting season.

Absolutely baffling why the administration is keeping him around. He did a good job giving them a pulse finally but it's time for SMU to move on.

Apparently June Jones has been everywhere this last month except recruiting for SMU. He's been golfing and in Hawaii right in the prime recruiting season.

Absolutely baffling why the administration is keeping him around. He did a good job giving them a pulse finally but it's time for SMU to move on.

This is the Ty Willingham strategy. Jones is clearly lining up the Washington job.

Draxal

They freaking extended him, Morris was rumored to head over there before he took a 12 Texas job.

Schmitty

I see no has mentioned ESPN's story that calls for the end of doctor-patient confidentiality over at Mizzou.

What a load of crap.

And Flood lost Blacknall to PSU. He really needs to get fired asap. 11 players decommitting absolutely unacceptable. Still can't believe Pedo State got their sanctions reduced.

Draxal

And Flood lost Blacknall to PSU. He really needs to get fired asap. 11 players decommitting absolutely unacceptable. Still can't believe Pedo State got their sanctions reduced.

Promised that he would have an oc for the visit ... and he doesn't have a clue who's going to be the oc, he's just completely overmatched.

Promised that he would have an oc for the visit ... and he doesn't have a clue who's going to be the oc, he's just completely overmatched.
Yet he tweeted with that new qb Rutgers signed how they were going to do great things together. Really about a quick change of heart. I might think Franklin really hard sold him and forced him into this.

Yet he tweeted with that new qb Rutgers signed how they were going to do great things together. Really about a quick change of heart. I might think Franklin really hard sold him and forced him into this.

The problem is that your negative attitudes are filtering down to recruits causing them to reconsider Rutgers.This has nothing to do with Kyle Flood. It has everything to do with the negativity flowing from your keyboards. Recruits don't want to play for negative posters like Draxal or peteykirch - the most negative fans ever on the internet111!!!!!111!!!! These negative nancys are nothing more than internet thugs insulting kids. Recruits can use the internet. They can see the junk you two e-thugs are posting, and it is absolutely disheartening. I know this because reporters say that these posts are read by recruits & parents. You need to STFU with the insults! You don't understand that Kyle Flood needs to win next year. You can't blame Kyle Flood for this season - it was all Dave Cohen. You can't blame Kyle Flood for Kent State last year too - that was Dave Brock. You can't blame Kyle Flood for the recruiting losses this year. This is a great class full of hardworking kids. Star ratings are meaningless and not a true measure of talent. Our staff is great at identifying great talent so you know this is going to be a great class. All you are doing with your posts is sabotaging the Rutgers program. Kyle Flood is a good man, and a better coach than you deserve.

/Rutgers delusional message board poster rant off. With that said, the Rivals staff crackdown on negative posts is unsurprising. Rivals has never been anything more than an administration mouthpiece.

tokkun

Well, the Rutgers CB that visited Madison this weekend did not decommit. Probably didn't help that it has been End Times cold here the past couple days.

Draxal

/Rutgers delusional message board poster rant off. With that said, the Rivals staff crackdown on negative posts is unsurprising. Rivals has never been anything more than an administration mouthpiece.

We just ran a Rutgers Rivals mod off it, I was amazed.

Well, the Rutgers CB that visited Madison this weekend did not decommit. Probably didn't help that it has been End Times cold here the past couple days.

You guys just took 3 cb commits, so that was probably it.

Oh wow.

Fire Hermann and BoG ‏@ruscoop27m
Since there's no reason to keep a lid on it any more, JH tried really hard to get KF fired. KF's camp was leaking anti-JH stories to press.

jakncoke

Banned
Noooooooooo
I had to Google that name

I think our defense is beyond help at this point anyway. :p

I didnt know him till tonight when. Ive been trying to keep up with who is leaving and what not, article said he was a 4 star and a Cal recruit at some point :p

For instance just tonight I learned a back up and a wr transferred out to l'ville and umass. All this coming and going of players is confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom