• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

I feel like you guys don't remember what 24 was like those last couple of seasons.
I think people are more excited because they know the writers are forced to script a miniseries out with a definitive ending for once. It'll be more like an extended film, in the way that True Detective is turning out.

Except with a lot more Sprint phones.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I feel like you guys don't remember what 24 was like those last couple of seasons.
Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not be so hasty. The last season of 24 was both the worst and best of the series. Have we forgotten about Jack going HAM in the full body armor?\
I think people are more excited because they know the writers are forced to script a miniseries out with a definitive ending for once. It'll be more like an extended film, in the way that True Detective is turning out.

Except with a lot more Sprint phones.
I can't believe we didn't get an episode of True Detective this week, especially with such a shit super bowl. :(

bachikarn

Percy Harvin is still a huge baller. HE was the reason our offense was so good in the Meyer years. Tebow gets way too much credit.

When does the offseason conference realignment start?

This year is a quiet year for the big boys, I think. Louisville moves to the ACC during the summer, and Maryland and Rutgers move to the Big Stopped Counting at Ten. There's mid-major shifts still occuring as the dominos continue to fall, but I think the big 5 conferences are about to enter a holding pattern.

mre

Fax girl was great until they revealed Fax Face.

The only "official" fax cam girl was hot. She was a member of the UA dance team. Your referring to "stripper fax cam girl," who was not affiliated with the university. She was hired by a website.

jakncoke

Banned
This year is a quiet year for the big boys, I think. Louisville moves to the ACC during the summer, and Maryland and Rutgers move to the Big Stopped Counting at Ten. There's mid-major shifts still occuring as the dominos continue to fall, but I think the big 5 conferences are about to enter a holding pattern.

Is 2014 the year when like 6 div 1 aa teams move up?

I suspect Louisville is going to have the same rough transition that Syracuse and Pitt had when they moved over last year. Especially with Bridgewater and Strong gone.

Is 2014 the year when like 6 div 1 aa teams move up?

I know that App State is (stupidly) moving up. They'll be in the Sun Belt this season, but can't play in a bowl until after next. No idea about anybody else. UNC-Charlotte is another school going to FBS soon, but they still have a season or two to go in FCS before moving up to Conference USA (they just started football last season).

I suspect Louisville is going to have the same rough transition that Syracuse and Pitt had when they moved over last year. Especially with Bridgewater and Strong gone.

I still think (based on nothing at all) Louisville will come in and compete well. Their problem is that they're replacing Maryland in the same division with Florida State and Clemson. That's going to hurt them more than anything.

The only "official" fax cam girl was hot. She was a member of the UA dance team. Your referring to "stripper fax cam girl," who was not affiliated with the university. She was hired by a website.

Haha you made that sound so sketchy, like she came from Craigslist or Back Pages.

mre

Haha you made that sound so sketchy, like she came from Craigslist or Back Pages.
No clue how the website that put up the fax cam that year found her, but I believe she was on a local Birmingham strip club's website, so I have to imagine they probably did find her using some sort of similar means.

andycapps

No clue how the website that put up the fax cam that year found her, but I believe she was on a local Birmingham strip club's website, so I have to imagine they probably did find her using some sort of similar means.

Now that was a great offseason thread/day.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ha, I had forgotten about that. Wish they could just do another proper fax cam, but I read that the SEC office ruined that.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Tigerdroppings found her home, and someone went to it and put up a sign with the SEC Rant logo on it, and photo'd it.

Limedust

Ha, I had forgotten about that. Wish they could just do another proper fax cam, but I read that the SEC office ruined that.

The original fax cam girl was just a member of the dance team (wearing the university-issued dance uniform) who walked by the web cam every now and then to pull up the faxed LOI's and posted the name on the wall. Spurrier called the SEC office and complained. The end.

The original fax cam girl was just a member of the dance team (wearing the university-issued dance uniform) who walked by the web cam every now and then to pull up the faxed LOI's and posted the name on the wall. Spurrier called the SEC office and complained. The end.

But what rule was fax cam girl violating? It couldn't have been her outfit, because it was university approved. Was it the broadcast itself? If so, the LHN is broadcasting a signing day special this Wednesday so broadcasting signing day is okay.

mre

But what rule was fax cam girl violating? It couldn't have been her outfit, because it was university approved. Was it the broadcast itself? If so, the LHN is broadcasting a signing day special this Wednesday so broadcasting signing day is okay.
No rule that existed at the time. If a rule has since been enacted, then it is an SEC only rule.

cdyhybrid

Just got a 4* OT, but $$$$$$$9.95 says the staff likes him on defense. Wonder how a 6'8" guy would work on the D-line...

Jared Lorenzen lives!!!

Bflx61VCMAASZP1.jpg

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Ouch. I think we just lost a DT commit (one of 4, but the only one that wasn't JUCO) to Louisiana Lafayette.

Softens the blow to know that we didn't even know who the guy was about two weeks ago (even the coaching staff only initially contacted him very recently) and he was one of our lowest rated recruits (if not our straight up lowest recruit). From Mississippi so ULaLa is like 3 hours away instead of Lubbock's 13 hours away.

If he does end up flipping and we can't replace him that means Tech will have not signed a single high school DL in the past two classes.

mre

Wait that is actually him? And he still plays qb? Jesus.

fbQiQSS.jpg

With the #22, he could be a QB, RB, or a WR. I doubt he's running more than 5 feet, so I'm going to go with QB who redefines "statuesque" when in the pocket.

jakncoke

Banned
Who would of thought a 400 pd qb could have that much pocket awareness, grit and determination and moxy to succeed. Some qbs in the nfl could only dream of being jload

Lonestar

I need to turn off images for a week, unless a story breaks and we get enough posts to knock those back a page.

Nothing against Obese people, but that guy's gone diiiiiiie on the field.

Only way to complete his Legend, I guess.

andycapps

It makes you wonder how poor athletes those guys on defense must have been to let Lorenzen "scramble" away from them.

I remember watching him in person when UK played UGA. It was kind of incredible because his only real asset is that he's a huge linemen that can throw decently. But he was impossible to tackle one on one. It wasn't that he was fast, at all. He waddles around out there but he's hard to bring down.

Lonestar

Alabama sadly is following Auburn's footsteps on bringing in players who've been kicked off teams for crimes. First by allowing Pettway back on the team, now bringing in a former UGA TE who was kicked off for drugs

Well, maybe not kicked off, more like "parents dragged him out of school and put him in military school".

Ty Flournoy-Smith now joins the other 7 tight ends on the roster (currently)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom