• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
I somehow get the feeling that Saban's* Twitter catchphrase would be something more reminiscent of the people from Futurama's Neutral Planet.

#WeHaveSignedARecruit

andycapps

@JeffFaraudo: Cal football office confirms in email to players' parents that 21-year-old defensive end Ted Agu died Friday morning.

Damn...

Sounds like he was at practice/conditioning drills, passed out and died

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_25085731/cal-football-player-collapses-dies-during-conditioning-drills

That's horrible. RIP

Colleges should really monitor these guys' heartrates so they can tell them to take a short break if they're getting too exhausted. I've heard of some new uniforms or pads that do that.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
That's horrible. RIP

Colleges should really monitor these guys' heartrates so they can tell them to take a short break if they're getting too exhausted. I've heard of some new uniforms or pads that do that.
I think UnderArmour was working on something like that. At least I remember a commercial with Julio wearing a shirt with circuitry in it.

Always sad when a young person dies.

cdyhybrid

Uh, damn. RIP.

I always wonder about what the hell is going on at these programs where somehow a workout is so intense that a kid dies.

What the hell is going on, Bears?

I think I read somewhere that he had sickle-cell. Seems to be the common link between these types of deaths.

andycapps

I think UnderArmour was working on something like that. At least I remember a commercial with Julio wearing a shirt with circuitry in it.

Always sad when a young person dies.
Yes it is. Under Armour or someone needs to come up with that.

AntoneM

I'm goddamn embarrassed to be within 1-2 spots of Kentucky in recruiting, what the fuck? Why does anyone want to play for Kentucky? It's like wanting to play for Illinois, Arizona, North Carolina, Kansas, Indiana, Syracuse, or Duke (despite recent uptrend).

I still have no idea why we didn't hire him instead of Muschamp. He had so many stops at Florida since the 80s.

We tried to get him back from Louisville during Urban's first hissy fit, but he had just signed an ironclad contract and Urban un-quit. I think the second time he said no thanks because Louisville took a chance on him and he wanted to be loyal for more than one year. I'm paraphrasing from what I read during that time.

Had we fired Muschamp last year, Strong would be our coach.

andycapps

If any of you are the praying types, pray for my wife and I. We found out the baby we were expecting miscarried last week when we went in for our next routine ultrasound. No heartbeat. So that was rough. Been a rough week. The baby was miscarried when it was 13 weeks, so it happened around 3 weeks ago.

Wife was scheduled to have a D&C tomorrow but ended up passing the baby this morning at home and her doctor wanted her to come to the ER. It was a boy. :/ So now we're here and going to be here overnight. Not sure if they'll still do the D&C or not. Yay for my insurance where I'll end up paying several thousand for a deductible. Can't wait for national healthcare.

Anybody familiar with whether life insurance covers miscarriages? The hospital is providing a burial and service for free (Catholic hospital) which is nice, but I didn't know if life insurance covered anything for this as well. I have a policy for children, just don't know if it would cover something like this. It's Prudential.

jakncoke

Banned
If any of you are the praying types, pray for my wife and I. We found out the baby we were expecting miscarried last week when we went in for our next routine ultrasound. No heartbeat. So that was rough. Been a rough week. The baby was miscarried when it was 13 weeks, so it happened around 3 weeks ago.

Wife was scheduled to have a D&C tomorrow but ended up passing the baby this morning at home and her doctor wanted her to come to the ER. So now we're here and going to be here overnight. Not sure if they'll still do the D&C or not. Yay for my insurance where I'll end up paying several thousand for a deductible.

Anybody familiar with whether life insurance covers miscarriages? The hospital is providing a burial and service for free (Catholic hospital) which is nice, but I didn't know if life insurance covered anything for this as well.

Sorry to hear that man.

Wife was scheduled to have a D&C tomorrow but ended up passing the baby this morning at home and her doctor wanted her to come to the ER. It was a boy. :/ So now we're here and going to be here overnight. Not sure if they'll still do the D&C or not. Yay for my insurance where I'll end up paying several thousand for a deductible. Can't wait for national healthcare.

Anybody familiar with whether life insurance covers miscarriages? The hospital is providing a burial and service for free (Catholic hospital) which is nice, but I didn't know if life insurance covered anything for this as well. I have a policy for children, just don't know if it would cover something like this. It's Prudential.

That's awful. Prayers lifted.

5 star lb recruit from last season

Linebacker Mike Mitchell has left the Ohio State football team and will transfer after the spring semester, sources told Eleven Warriors. Mitchell, who redshirted last season, plans to attend a college near his Plano, Texas home to be close to his ailing father.

andycapps

We can laugh at Auburns recruit for getting busted with 202.5 grams of weed and getting 2 felonies to lift our spirits.
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

Georgia's Chris Conley is a huge Star Wars fan and has been making a fan film. Coach Richt even stopped by. :jnc

VuS1GWt.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Thanks guys. Forgot to mention that today is my birthday. I blame Mark Richt. I didn't mean to bring everyone down. Carry on. :)

I didn't want to do any "lost control" jokes comments, not for awhile. Let us know when we can.

Good on Sams. Will also make the draft even more interesting, if there is any blowback. He's a pretty good DE.

andycapps

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD
He is a definitely a nerd. Good on him though.

And good on that Mizzou player ^

Lonestar said:
I didn't want to do any "lost control" jokes comments, not for awhile. Let us know when we can.

Honestly I'm pretty numb to anything right now and pretty out of it so I'd probably laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom