• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Nice. I have a soon-to-be 8 year old girl as well as a 4 1/2 year old.

Did she know your wife was pregnant yet?
She knew, we thought we were past the danger zone. We're told "these things happen" which of course sounds nice and we're trying to make ourselves okay with that. But when you see your son like I did today. I just wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.. Though I am happy I saw him. Hard to explain.

Our daughter knew about the miscarriage so telling her that last week was very rough. How do you explain that to a kid when you don't even understand it? We haven't told her about the complications today, just that we're at the hospital so the dr can do a checkup on my wife. Which is mostly true. The surgery tomorrow is relatively routine. She is extremely sensitive and had some rough days at school where she broke down crying multiple times. We'll tell her what happened someday.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
She knew, we thought we were past the danger zone. We're told "these things happen" which of course sounds nice and we're trying to make ourselves okay with that. But when you see your son like I did today. I just wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.. Though I am happy I saw him. Hard to explain.

Our daughter knew about the miscarriage so telling her that last week was very rough. How do you explain that to a kid when you don't even understand it? We haven't told her about the complications today, just that we're at the hospital so the dr can do a checkup on my wife. Which is mostly true. The surgery tomorrow is relatively routine. She is extremely sensitive and had some rough days at school where she broke down crying multiple times. We'll tell her what happened someday.
God, poor kid. Can't imagine her trying to wrap her mind around it.

andycapps

God, poor kid. Can't imagine her trying to wrap her mind around it.
She doesn't understand it at all. It's hard to see her hurt like she is. Hardest thing is trying to be a strong dad when seeing her and my wife how they are and combining that with how I feel too.

From the SI article on how being openly gay will hurt Sam's draft prospects:
Of his 11.5 sacks, nine came in three games against what one scout called “garbage competition” — Vanderbilt, Arkansas State and Florida. “His numbers are inflated,” a scout said. “You’ve got to see through that.”

Go Gata

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
A shame it could/will impact his draft stock. Not sure I buy the distraction/maturity argument considering it didn't seem to be a problem with Mizzou. Unless Mizzou players and coaches are just more mature than their NFL counterparts.

Good on his teammates and coaches for being supportive, and ballsy as hell of him to announce it before the draft (the article says most teams knew though, so maybe it wouldn't have made much difference).

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Downplaying of his abilities has already started. I watched him play this year and he's a monster. Teams had to plan around him.
On the one hand, I think that's sad. But on the other hand, that was a really good dig at Gata.

I'm conflicted.

Talon

My thoughts will be with you, Andy. :(

Draxal

If any of you are the praying types, pray for my wife and I. We found out the baby we were expecting miscarried last week when we went in for our next routine ultrasound. No heartbeat. So that was rough. Been a rough week. The baby was miscarried when it was 13 weeks, so it happened around 3 weeks ago.

Wife was scheduled to have a D&C tomorrow but ended up passing the baby this morning at home and her doctor wanted her to come to the ER. It was a boy. :/ So now we're here and going to be here overnight. Not sure if they'll still do the D&C or not. Yay for my insurance where I'll end up paying several thousand for a deductible. Can't wait for national healthcare.

Anybody familiar with whether life insurance covers miscarriages? The hospital is providing a burial and service for free (Catholic hospital) which is nice, but I didn't know if life insurance covered anything for this as well. I have a policy for children, just don't know if it would cover something like this. It's Prudential.

Oye, I know it's not much but hopefully your Bulldogs will lift up your spirits this year.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Downplaying of his abilities has already started. I watched him play this year and he's a monster. Teams had to plan around him.

I think a problem the NFL may run into with him is that he was previously given a "mid round grade," which not uncommonly actually means "ends up not being drafted." If he's one of the many that ends up not being drafted they'll have a bit of a PR hit on their hands and it could realistically have nothing to do with this story.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BgFVWU7IMAACFAI.jpg

We didn't get the correct "Mark Richt has Lost Control of the Empire" picture.

jjasper

Sorry to hear about that Andy. Shit sucks.

Also we are making a strong push to reclaim our rightful place in the Fulmer cup standings. We had 3 arrested and 22 underage citations this weekend. Although in reality sounds like it was nothing special and just a typical college party and racist Knoxville cops being racists.

Talon

Sorry to hear about that Andy. Shit sucks.

Also we are making a strong push to reclaim our rightful place in the Fulmer cup standings. We had 3 arrested and 22 underage citations this weekend. Although in reality sounds like it was nothing special and just a typical college party and racist Knoxville cops being racists.
Feel like this is redundant.

jjasper

Feel like this is redundant.
It is. Probably the most racist/bigoted place I have ever spent any significant amount of time. At school the students weren't that bad. But out of the ones that were the Knoxville kids were easily the worst (even worse than the people from crazy ass hole in the wall places).

Talon

It is. Probably the most racist/bigoted place I have ever spent any significant amount of time. At school the students weren't that bad. But out of the ones that were the Knoxville kids were easily the worst (even worse than the people from crazy ass hole in the wall places).
If it makes you feel better, kids from the boonies in Michigan, Oregon, and Indiana are just as dumb ass and ignorant as kids from the boonies in Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama.

Turns out ignorant assholes are racist regardless of latitude.

Draxal

If it makes you feel better, kids from the boonies in Michigan, Oregon, and Indiana are just as dumb ass and ignorant as kids from the boonies in Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama.

Turns out ignorant assholes are racist regardless of latitude.

Doesn't have to be in the boonies, it's actually quite prevalent in northern suburbia as well. (OMG THERE's BLACK GUY DRIVING A BMW, CALL THE POLICE)

Talon

I read that he was a third day prospect before he came out. Hard to know what to believe though.
He had a monster game against Georgia, to be fair, but there's nothing overwhelming about his physical abilities. Has a hell of a motor but that and a bag of peanuts will get you Kroy Biermann.

:(

Lonestar

What's more surprising to me, was that he had that low of a draft grade. Seemed like he was a great player, but then seeing the "9 sacks in 3 games against meh competition". stat thrown out there...

If he had as much problem in coverage in the Senior Bowl practices, I don't know if he has a future as an OLB. He might have to make it as a 4-3 DE.

Talon

What's more surprising to me, was that he had that low of a draft grade. Seemed like he was a great player, but then seeing the "9 sacks in 3 games against meh competition". stat thrown out there...

If he had as much problem in coverage in the Senior Bowl practices, I don't know if he has a future as an OLB. He might have to make it as a 4-3 DE.
Right. He has Brandon Graham size but at least Graham was super athletic and productive over two seasons - and let's not forget that guy's been a complete bust.

He's a rotational defensive end - nothing wrong with that. I'm sure he can be productive in the vein of 1-6 sacks a season playing about 15-30 snaps a game. So basically he's Chauncey Davis.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
If any of you are the praying types, pray for my wife and I. We found out the baby we were expecting miscarried last week when we went in for our next routine ultrasound. No heartbeat. So that was rough. Been a rough week. The baby was miscarried when it was 13 weeks, so it happened around 3 weeks ago.

Wife was scheduled to have a D&C tomorrow but ended up passing the baby this morning at home and her doctor wanted her to come to the ER. It was a boy. :/ So now we're here and going to be here overnight. Not sure if they'll still do the D&C or not. Yay for my insurance where I'll end up paying several thousand for a deductible. Can't wait for national healthcare.

Anybody familiar with whether life insurance covers miscarriages? The hospital is providing a burial and service for free (Catholic hospital) which is nice, but I didn't know if life insurance covered anything for this as well. I have a policy for children, just don't know if it would cover something like this. It's Prudential.

Damn, andy, thats awful. My heart aches for you and your family. I do know a few families that survived it but it will leave its mark. Stay strong and love each other

Limedust

Whelp... upstate SCar is about to get coated in ice for the next two days, then pelted with ice on Thursday. Wish I had better judgment when house shopping and had decided that a garage was a priority.

Whelp... upstate SCar is about to get coated in ice for the next two days, then pelted with ice on Thursday. Wish I had better judgment when house shopping and had decided that a garage was a priority.

Throw a tarp/drop mat over your car, come out next day pull off and boom no more ice.

I got a garage bitch!

Seriously though, we live right next to each other. We should probably meet for drinks one day.

Limedust

Sirpopopop said:
I got a garage bitch!

Seriously though, we live right next to each other. We should probably meet for drinks one day.

Deal.

jakncoke said:
Like literally neighbors or Town neighbors ? Either way crazy gaffers living so close to each other.

We both live in the Greenville / Spartanburg area, which is really about a dozen cities and towns that have all grown together.

jakncoke

Banned
Driving a large SUV in a town that was filled with pickup trucks and sedans, Perrilloux was a target in a small town where the local police didn't much care for the football players. In less than two weeks, he got pulled over twice for going five miles over the speed limit.

wow thats some bs

Lonestar

Rashaan Evans on Auburn folks:
“Someone actually put out an article about my family’s business telling all Auburn fans not to go there,” Evans told TideSports.com. “We are going to eventually start losing money. People are telling restaurants in the town not to serve us.

“People on Instagram are telling me how they hope I tear my ACL in game one. They will laugh when I do. They are saying my family is horrible and how they didn’t raise me right. It’s just crazy.”

Basically, just another day in Auburn.

.@DBriggsBlade: Weeks after decommitting from Michigan, five-star Kentucky running back Damien Harris sitting with Urban Meyer at OSU-UM game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom