• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Rashaan Evans commit gif. Mom and Dad both attended and played sports at AU.

91221a1923f771dd9ba11396c7318557.jpg

saban-shreds-o.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

After our combined disasters against that West Georgia team, I approve of this sign of collaboration.

Noticed that even with this gigantic class, we didn't really get alot of players out of Georgia or Florida (2 each from those states, where we've been killing it for a couple of years.

andycapps

After our combined disasters against that West Georgia team, I approve of this sign of collaboration.

Noticed that even with this gigantic class, we didn't really get alot of players out of Georgia or Florida (2 each from those states, where we've been killing it for a couple of years.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. We are united in our hatred of Auburn.

I'll say that UGA has done a pretty good job so far of locking up the state this year. Though I don't think the recruits this year (as a whole) are as good as next year's are expected to be. We got some good ones out of Florida, lol. Thanks for Sony Michel, Isaiah McKenzie, and Keyon Brown! Sony Michel is the one that I'm surprised that Miami let him get away, even though we probably have a better history of putting RB's in the NFL.

@SethEmerson
Since being hired as Georgia defensive coordinator last month, Jeremy Pruitt has been living in O-line coach Will Friend's basement

:jnc why do I picture them reenacting Stepbrothers?

Lonestar

on 247 composite ratings, 17 of Alabama prospects are in the top 5 of their individual positions nationwide.

:D

The Richtster on ESPNU now

Lonestar

EMU Football ‏@EMUFB 4h
The last NLI has been approved and the 2014 EMU recruiting class officially stands at 17. Our final new Eagle is...Lion King! #EMUSigningDay

waht

andycapps

Mark Richt's favorite movie is Nacho Libre.

Lonestar said:

You're just jelly he didn't end up there with Haha Clinton Dix. I would have loved to hear Verne announce the starting lineup of Lion King and Haha.

andycapps

Lorenzo Carter announcement coming up in a few on ESPNU.

And the answer is Georgia. Huge get. He needs some time in the weight room for sure, but he might get some time like Leonard Floyd was last year as a pure pass rusher.

Lonestar

We all get good things.

Except Auburn, who has to talk itself into believing they got some good news today.

andycapps

We all get good things.

Except Auburn, who has to talk itself into believing they got some good news today.

It was good for Auburn that Andrew Williams stuck with them. But Carter was definitely a much bigger get for us. He's a much better athlete.

Wow, Georgia Tech got a signee on ESPNU!

Silkworm

Lorenzo Carter announcement coming up in a few on ESPNU.

And the answer is Georgia. Huge get. He needs some time in the weight room for sure, but he might get some time like Leonard Floyd was last year as a pure pass rusher.

What was UGA's chances with Myles Autry (committed to GT)? Congrats on getting Carter, as expected (damn you Pruitt).

andycapps

What was UGA's chances with Myles Autry? Congrats on getting Carter, as expected (damn you Pruit).

I had never even heard of him being mentioned as UGA potential recruit. He was projected as going to Georgia Tech so this isn't a surprise to me. He never took an official at UGA. I think it was down to FSU and Georgia Tech, with Oregon as a 3rd option.

Yeah, quite a few recruits saying that Pruitt being hired had a positive impact on them deciding to go to UGA. I expect even more next year after he's had a full recruiting cycle to get out there on the 'crootin trail.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Got a link?
Nope. I'm stuck in traffic with no clue as to what Nebraska's actual ranking was, but I thought if I threw out a ridiculous ranking somebody would come behind me and provide Nebraska's actual ranking.

Lonestar

For the Lawyer stuck in traffic:

Bunkie Perkins ‏@BunkiePerkins 20m
DJ Law sent LOIs into 3 different schools. He is my new signing day hero.

DJ Law ain't payin atenchion to know contracts

-------------------

Cecil Hurt ‏@CecilHurt 11m
Kevin Sumlin on recruiting: "We had a great year. The only problem is we were fourth in the country and third in our own division."

SECWest...you are too good for your own good.

andycapps

I think... I think I just read an article where Johnson bragged about having an average record of 8 wins and 5.333 losses per year since 2008. :/
:jnc don't you see why I both love and hate him? I mean, Tech is pretty much a given win as long as he's there, but at some point beating up your helpless little brother becomes boring. I'm assuming they'll fire him after this season so the buyout will be less.

Lonestar

Stolen from the SOCHI topic:

BfqcxV8IMAAANdC.jpg

Dan Wetzel ✔ @DanWetzel
Follow
To anyone in Sochi: I am now in possession of three light bulbs. Will trade for a door handle. This offer is real:
2:23 PM - 4 Feb 2014

Ole Dan wishes some sort of NCAA scandal broke right about now...

mre

So I was stuck in a deposition this morning in a town 4 hours away, so this is my first chance to really weigh in on Rashaan Evans spurning Auburn. Here is how I felt when I read the news:

ibo5q6mVCGcHRr.gif

cashman

Banned
So I was stuck in a deposition this morning in a town 4 hours away, so this is my first chance to really weigh in on Rashaan Evans spurning Auburn. Here is how I felt when I read the news:

ibo5q6mVCGcHRr.gif

I'm at the age where I just can't get that excited about high schooled aged boys.

mre

I'm at the age where I just can't get that excited about high schooled aged boys.
Did I say I got this excited over him committing to us? No, my excitement stems from the schadenfreude that I can now feast on from the Auburn fans who have been insufferable about this kid's recruitment.

Pretty solid class for UCF. Addressed most of the immediate needs too.

We lose Bortles at QB and bring in some good talent to replace him. But on defense... I think we get even better. Much better.

Will be an interesting year.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Duke's recruiting class breakdown by location

Florida - 4
Ohio - 3
Georgia - 3
North Carolina - 3
California - 2
Alabama - 1
South Carolina - 1
Missouri - 1

Thats pretty spread out I think. We have a good connection in Charlotte and have done well in south Florida.

Lot of optimism for once and we return a lot of players form last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom