• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

I still don't know how UNC skated on all this shit: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab...player-an-a--at-north-carolina-151005969.html

IRYgaUj.jpg

A good chunk of powerful people in the college sports world are NC alumni, they take care of each other.

John Skipper (president of ESPN) being the key one, if this was say a PAC school there would be a billion ESPN specials on this.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
A good chunk of powerful people in the college sports world are NC alumni, they take care of each other.

John Skipper (president of ESPN) being the key one, if this was say a PAC school there would be a billion ESPN specials on this.

JOURNALISM!

@rivalsmike 1h
Hearing that #Florida #FSU #Alabama and #OhioState are top four for nations No 1 RB Damien Harris right now from good source.

andycapps

We hired Kiffin, so...

Yeah I thought about mentioning it but I thought the fruit was hanging a bit too low.

I was reminded the other day that Brian VanGorder ended up at Notre Dame because he offered Chauncey Rivers who apparently was talking shit about Mitch Hyatt (5 star OT commit for Clemson) because he demolished him in some one on one event. Chauncey Rivers is probably going to see his stock climb in the coming months. Was previously committed to USCe but flipped after Pruitt came.

andycapps

Well, Auburn was offering those same jobs to high school coaches who happen to have sons that are amazing qb prospects. Wonder how your two "noncoaching" staffs compare now.

Auburn has 8.

If you scroll down to the football section here, you'll see Bama has what about 20?

In fairness, UGA has quietly started moving into this some as well. Daryl Jones being made the Director of On-Campus Recruiting was a big move since he has so much experience in HS coaching in Georgia. We still have much to learn from Bama on how to have as many unofficial coaches on staff as possible.

Draxal

Auburn has 8.

If you scroll down to the football section here, you'll see Bama has what about 20?

In fairness, UGA has quietly started moving into this some as well. Daryl Jones being made the Director of On-Campus Recruiting was a big move since he has so much experience in HS coaching in Georgia. We still have much to learn from Bama on how to have as many unofficial coaches on staff as possible.

I think they have more than that.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20140225/HSSPORTS/302240059/Bentley-leaving-Byrnes-Auburn

He wasn't listed on that page (He was the stepfather of Rutgers qb last season hence how Rutgers fans knew about this). And even Rutgers is doing the same thing (hiring a guy back from the Schiano days).

andycapps

Talon

I think the fact that Manziel's dad only took away the keys after he drove drunk three times is perhaps 80% of the reason why I think he's a shitbag.

Also, he's short, so there's the other 20%.

I am anything if not consistent!

Isn't that your team?

No, I'm Florida State/Duke. But I'm an (the?) ACC homer, I suppose, so I want all conference teams to do well, and I'll root for Georgia Tech in particular to do well because, frankly, they should be one of the better teams in the conference. There's no excuse for them not to be, they're in Georgia, for crying out loud.

andycapps

Uh huh. Remind me again which state Georgia Tech is located in?

Okay fine, I blame Mark Richt for the Georgia Tech players getting in trouble. You happy?

No, I'm Florida State/Duke. But I'm an (the?) ACC homer, I suppose, so I want all conference teams to do well, and I'll root for Georgia Tech in particular to do well because, frankly, they should be one of the better teams in the conference. There's no excuse for them not to be, they're in Georgia, for crying out loud.

You want your conference teams to do well? What the hell is this? We got an ACC homer here, guys!

And yes, there's no excuse for Georgia Tech to suck as bad as they do, but it makes it so enjoyable. I mean really, the Georgia Southern and Georgia Tech game is probably a tossup in the pick 'em for that week.

Okay fine, I blame Mark Richt for the Georgia Tech players getting in trouble. You happy?

You want your conference teams to do well? What the hell is this? We got an ACC homer here, guys!

And yes, there's no excuse for Georgia Tech to suck as bad as they do, but it makes it so enjoyable. I mean really, the Georgia Southern and Georgia Tech game is probably a tossup in the pick 'em for that week.

Dont go in the bball thread Andy!

the secsecsecsec is more insane than it is in here!!!

andycapps

Dont go in the bball thread Andy!

the secsecsecsec is more insane than it is in here!!!

Oh man, I can already guess everyone is supporting the Gatas. Let me give you my opinion there. They can lose every game they ever play and I will be happy.

And just to up the ante, I'm more worried about Georgia Southern this year than the Gatas
and Georgia Tech

Little known fact: The HQ is classified as an amateur and the $1 is a stipend.

And the landlord played at Georgia and cashed that $1 twice.

Okay, that was pretty good.

I now know that AJ McCarron and Katherine Webb are engaged because Bruce Feldman felt the need to retweet it. Brent Musburger needs to be the ring bearer or something.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom