• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
My first and only ban since joining the site in like 2006.

That'll teach me for defending Florida's limited honor.
Wonder who banned you. I've said worse to people who slam the south with sweeping generalizations and not gotten banned.

Bet it was Cyan.

Next year's Texas A&M Starting QB Kenny Football

BjzCE9vCAAEvQtt.jpg
Lol @ the woman

There's a fun new Michigan life long posting in the CBB thread, hope he makes his way over here!!

Although highly doubt he lasts that long.

AntoneM

We're about 1/2 way through the off season, let's see who's the #1 ranked off season poster:

Code:
[INDENT]User Name Posts[/INDENT]
[LIST=1]
[*]andycapps 262
[*]Lonestar 169
[*]mre 153
[*]cdyhybrid 105
[*]Draxal 96
[*]perfectchaos007 90
[*]bucknuticus 74
[*]Monroeski 53
[*]Randolph Freelander 51
[*]Cyan 50
[/LIST]

Draxal

We're about 1/2 way through the off season, let's see who's the #1 ranked off season poster:

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]andycapps 262
[*]Lonestar 169
[*]mre 153
[*]cdyhybrid 105
[*]Draxal 96
[*]perfectchaos007 90
[*]bucknuticus 74
[*]Monroeski 53
[*]Cyan 50
[/LIST]

I'm still an AAC poster until July 1st so its:

Sec (4)3, Pac (1)2, Big 12 2, ACC 1, BIG 1, AAC 1. Parenthesis including the true allegiance of a certain ban happy fan.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]andycapps 262
[*]Lonestar 169
[*]mre 153
[*]cdyhybrid 105
[*]Draxal 96
[*]perfectchaos007 90
[*]bucknuticus 74
[*]Monroeski 53
[*]Cyan 50
[/LIST]

Know whats crazy? FFXIV has ate up alot of my @ home time, and works been busy, so less goofing off on the interwebs.

I just looked into an average time a day i've spent playing XIV, and I'm slightly worried....

andycapps

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]andycapps 262
[*]Lonestar 169
[*]mre 153
[*]cdyhybrid 105
[*]Draxal 96
[*]perfectchaos007 90
[*]bucknuticus 74
[*]Monroeski 53
[*]Cyan 50
[/LIST]

SECSECSEC

cdyhybrid

QB commit get!

Jake Browning, 4* from Cali

Apparently this dude is like the #7 QB in the country or something. I like. Only shitty thing is the #9 QB is an in-state guy and really wanted a UW offer, but he wanted to do visits first to make sure he was making the right decision. Turns out Browning moved his decision date up 2 weeks and committed today, when Rypien thought he'd be able to squeeze in one more visit this weekend before committing to UW (and beating out Browning for that one QB spot). Sucks =\

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]andycapps 262
[*]Lonestar 169
[*]mre 153
[*]cdyhybrid 105
[*]Draxal 96
[*]perfectchaos007 90
[*]bucknuticus 74
[*]Monroeski 53
[*]Cyan 50
[/LIST]

SEC SEC SEC

Lonestar

"I've always been an advocate of players' rights. I've always been an advocate of players being compensated the best that we can to help them. Whatever the NCAA rule is and whatever they decide to do, I've always been an advocate of the player and the quality of life that a player has. I think that having a voice in what happens, I think, is something that the players probably ought to have." "And I'm really not opposed to that at all. I do think that it's not what it seems."

So, who is the coach who said this?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Draxal

I think the weirdest thing is all the fans committing NCAA violations by tweeting recruits telling them to go to their school. Or any contact by fans to recruits.. That's creepy.

The Rutgers rivals fansite just had enough of not doing it and they're doing it themselves. Its creepy but 16/17 year olds are such attention whores and they love it.

I haven't done it myself as I'm too old for that garbage.

andycapps

The Rutgers rivals fansite just had enough of not doing it and they're doing it themselves. Its creepy but 16/17 year olds are such attention whores and they love it.

I haven't done it myself as I'm too old for that garbage.

Yeah, they love it, but if the NCAA feels like one day pulling those records, they could end up penalizing the institution that the fan supports.

Draxal

Yeah, they love it, but if the NCAA feels like one day pulling those records, they could end up penalizing the institution that the fan supports.

It's just too prevalent now that the NCAA can't do jack shit, every team's fanbase does it, and it would be impossible to enforce.

Lonestar

I haven't read through all of this but Michael McCann did an AMA on reddit about the recent Unionization ruling and other legal issues as they pertain to college sports:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2213w5/im_michael_mccann_i_write_for_sports_illustrated/

Nice info, including this abou Title IX:

Title IX would likely require universities that pay male athletes as employees to pay women athletes as well. The leading Title IX experts make that point, and I don't see a way around it -- unless, that is, a school decides to spin off its athletic department as a for-profit business. There still may be Title VII (gender discrimination) issues but Title IX is likely off the table at that point. The downside to the school at that point would be it loses its tax exempt status for sports. So there would be a cost. But maybe it's cheaper than paying women athletes in order to comply with Title IX.

Kind of a rock and a hard place situation.

Nice info, including this abou Title IX:

Kind of a rock and a hard place situation.

Yeah I've been thinking for awhile that Title IX would be a huge hurdle to paying student athletes. Not every school turns a profit on their athletics, how do they pay equal salaries to women's water polo players or whatever?

Going for profit I assume just opens up SO many other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom