• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather play 3 perennial top 10 teams every year
as long as we stay good
. But I like watching games more than winning championships so maybe something is wrong with me.

confused_muschamp.png

Wow!

KingGondo

Banned
The sad thing is that's just one truck among thousands and thousands carrying food like that to supermarkets all over the country.

The eating habits of this country are fucked up.

The sad thing is that's just one truck among thousands and thousands carrying food like that to supermarkets all over the country.

The eating habits of this country are fucked up.

Well...its cheap and delicious!! Occasionally I'll heat up the oven and thrown in a frozen corndog, a frozen burrito, some frozen taquitos, and french fries for a meal. And by occasionally I mean 2 or 3 times a year max, so don't worry health GAF.

KingGondo

Banned
Well...its cheap and delicious!! Occasionally I'll heat up the oven and thrown in a frozen corndog, a frozen burrito, some frozen taquitos, and french fries for a meal. And by occasionally I mean 2 or 3 times a year max, so don't worry health GAF.
I'm not denying the allure of fair food every now and then. Corn dogs can be great.

It just blows my mind when I see people with their carts full of stuff like that at the grocery store.

@BCastOZone

Gene Smith was given an $18,447 bonus because OSU wrestler Logan Stieber won the NCAA title.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I dont agree with paying players but ADs getting bonuses because of shit like this

cdyhybrid

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6s
Wow RT @CEmmaScout: @CAPAssociation wins its case at the NLRB. College athletes on their way to a union.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Your post was the highlight of the thread, pretty much explained the pandora's box that is being opened right now.
No one seems to grasp or want to discuss the consequences that this will have for the kids themselves if they get classified as "employees." I mean, for an out of state student at Alabama, they're looking at ~$31.5k in imputed income alone (based on ~$37k value of scholarship) just for attending the school. Pay each athlete a $30k salary (random number) and see how much they owe Uncle Sam each April 15th.

They're better off staying "student-athletes" and working out some sort of profit-sharing or additional stipend.

Draxal

Umass to leave the MAC in 2 years, basically they were offered full membership but declined as they didn't want to take their bball team out of the A10.

It's AAC or bust for them.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Umass to leave the MAC in 2 years, basically they were offered full membership but declined as they didn't want to take their bball team out of the A10.

It's AAC or bust for them.
By team did you mean "collective bargaining unit"?

Schmitty

Wow, so this is a pretty big deal, right?

I find it funny that the nerds at NW would be the ones to have led the lawsuit

tokkun

As a former university union member in Wisconsin, our collective bargaining rights were completely gutted by Scott Walker years ago, and we cannot bargain for pay increases. So I don't know how much power the players would get. Of course having to complete with other universities who are paying is a different story.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Oh, good. The "fuck college athletics" brigade has arrived. Guess it's time to leave that thread.

Aren't most of the anti college sports GAF brigade from europe? I mean, some of the posts I've read from them made it pretty easy to dismiss their opinions.

Meier

This was pretty funny. FSU and UF were playing in baseball the other day and a Gator fan asked Jameis for an autograph. Here's what he signed:

Bjql83tIQAAlsvk.jpg:large

And yes, soccer is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom