• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokkun

Is a Spartan Dawg sort of similar to a Trogan?

That explains this photograph of fans at a recent Michigan State bowl game

go-dwags.jpg

pxleyes

Banned
You're slacking, 'Noles.

New FSU logo.
e6TYOir.jpg

As a designer, I think it is a much nicer logo, but all I can see is a guy with a greaser haircut from the '40s.

I'm so excited. UCF is bringing back the Citronaut nickname.

Over the past year or so they have started acknowledging it more I guess due to the school's 50th anniversary and turns out it has been pretty popular among fans.

Nike will be making baseball uniforms in May and likely other sports will be joining in on the throwback party. Expanded Citronaut merchandise too. Pics later.

cdyhybrid

I'm so excited. UCF is bringing back the Citronaut nickname.

Over the past year or so they have started acknowledging it more I guess due to the school's 50th anniversary and turns out it has been pretty popular among fans.

Nike will be making baseball uniforms in May and likely other sports will be joining in on the throwback party. Expanded Citronaut merchandise too. Pics later.

Is a Citronaut an orange that goes into space?

Talon

Yeah I've been thinking for awhile that Title IX would be a huge hurdle to paying student athletes. Not every school turns a profit on their athletics, how do they pay equal salaries to women's water polo players or whatever?

Going for profit I assume just opens up SO many other issues.
A majority of athletic programs lose money, much less sports.

Draxal

A majority of athletic programs lose money, much less sports.

The thread about this ruling in OT was great.

But yeah, there's so much shady shit in sports going on right with salaries paid by donors (Franklin's official and real salary at Vanderbilt had a 2 million dollar difference), and the accounting of facility improvements that I think that the true count of athletic programs that make more is even less than what is stated.

ag-my001

You're slacking, 'Noles.

New FSU logo.
e6TYOir.jpg

As a designer, I think it is a much nicer logo, but all I can see is a guy with a greaser haircut from the '40s.

I'm not going to lie: I had to double-take to make sure that was an "FSU" instead of a swastika. Not sure why my mind went there.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm not going to lie: I had to double-take to make sure that was an "FSU" instead of a swastika. Not sure why my mind went there.

Though I'm late on commenting, and on the Stapp train, this was my original thought when I saw the logo. "Why is there a swastika..oh"

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Scott Stapp being a FSU alumnus makes it pretty hard to beat.
Did he graduate from FSU? I know that he attended and that Tally is where Creed first got started (I still have a CD somewhere from a local radio station pimping them from way back when), but I didn't realize he graduated.

Meier

Did he graduate from FSU? I know that he attended and that Tally is where Creed first got started (I still have a CD somewhere from a local radio station pimping them from way back when), but I didn't realize he graduated.

Not sure if he graduated or not to be honest. Probably didn't. My brother was a DJ for V89 (FSU radio station) back when Creed were big on the local scene. They were kind of a joke amongst the snooty DJs but hey, they ended up making a fuckton of money so I say good for them. Mark Tremonti is a really cool dude.

Draxal

Don't think so, but you are an alumnus if you only take one course at a school, or work there as a janitor.

cashman

Banned
UCF is going to get former Rangers prospect Jordan Akins. Hell of an athlete, but he never could quite figure out how to hit. Hopefully he doesn't play defense.

pxleyes

Banned
Jameis Winston rape story catching fire again. I'm too tired to fully post about it, but I'm sure it will be a hot topic tomorrow/today.

I still maintain he raped her, his teammates watched and recorded it, and the Tallahassee PD are complicit in ensuring he walks free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom