• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Who else boycotts that Bastion of 10RC'ness, Crackle Barrell?

This guy.

...except the times I'll put in a call order for buttermilk pancakes.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I like the Thursday night Ga. Tech games solely for the student section crowd shots. I saw some interesting looking Tech fans in Nashville for the Music City Bowl.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Who else boycotts that Bastion of 10RC'ness, Crackle Barrell?

This guy.

...except the times I'll put in a call order for buttermilk pancakes.
My dad LOVES Cracker Barrel and insist on eating there whenever we travel to a game. Thankfully, their breakfast (pecan pancakes!) is actually decent and served all day.

If it truly is a Tennessee franchise, however, maybe I can get him to change his mind. Hmmm...

Pretty rich that a 'Jacket is crowing about incarcerated players, when they can claim a drug dealer (Rueben Houston) and a murderer (Javaris Crittendon).
There ya go. You got two. One of which wasn't even at GT when he got arrested. Now count up all of yours. Let's see which one is higher. Without looking im guessing it is something like 85-2.

Lonestar

My dad LOVES Cracker Barrel and insist on eating there whenever we travel to a game. Thankfully, their breakfast (pecan pancakes!) is actually decent and served all day.

If it truly is a Tennessee franchise, however, maybe I can get him to change his mind. Hmmm...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_Barrel
Started in Lebanon, Tennessee, and the HQ is there as well (North of Nashville, but might as well be Knoxville).

Going back to that LSU player's AMA, here's him on that LSU/Tennesse game (see here)

Let it be known that I got UNBELIEVABLY LUCKY that we won this game. I didn't snap the ball because I knew they had 13 people on the field I just did it because the clock was going to run out. The craziest part is I had a true Luke Skywalker moment where I saw Will Blackwell's head appear and yell at me to snap the ball. The reason was he had made fun of me for a year because I didn't snap it against Ole Miss the year previously and we lost. The confusion was that we didn't have a play called. We called a running play with zero timeouts and now way to stop the clock however normally you would have an immediately follow up play called, but we did not. After we got snapped there we're multiple formations being signaled in and to this day I am not sure how we were in a legal formation, but sometimes its better to be lucky than good. The emotional U turn that took place was one of the most intense experiences of my life. To go from losing the game to then having a chance to win it in a winner take all 0:00 left on the clock situation, and then following through and getting in the end zone was spectacular. I had like 13 family members there too including my sisters who never got to go because they lived in California. Amazing memory will carry it with me forever.
Also, Jarrett is the real hero of that game. Came in cold on 4th and 18 and got us a first down… thats crazy

ag-my001

Cracker barrel is great for giving you three sides for an entree that costs less than ten dollars. I do prefer Chili's to Applebees, but the latter has been sending me weekly coupons for $5 off. Not a bad deal.

I think all of our apple bees closed. Theres a chilis right next to my place, been there once since i moved here in August, ick.

And we all know Bob Evans>Cracker barrel

Bama Fans got a trade for getting rid of their other dangling chad.

Tell me all you know about Chad Lindsay. News is hes transferring here.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The Oxford Chilis had 2 for 1 draft all day everyday so I went there a lot. Southwestern egg rolls were top class. Haven't been there in 10 yrs. They still serve those?

Lonestar

just a large, average center with no technique but strength. He went in when our Struggling Center got injured and was an improvement, for a few games. But then he started struggling and the previous center went back in (and was better than before).

He's not going to get drafted, but had a couple games of SEC experience, so who knows, he might be your best Offensive linemen.

Enron

Banned
Cracker barrel is great for giving you three sides for an entree that costs less than ten dollars. I do prefer Chili's to Applebees, but the latter has been sending me weekly coupons for $5 off. Not a bad deal.

I don't judge people for going to either of these places unlike our Jacket friend here, but I don't really like chili's or applebees. I would eat at them from time to time, but in the last decade or so the food has really gown downhill in order to boost profits.

Tamanon

Banned
Cracker Barrel is great for quickly demonstrating American levels of excess to my fiance's family when they visit.

They always love it too.

Cracker Barrel is great for quickly demonstrating American levels of excess to my fiance's family when they visit.

They always love it too.

Chicken n Dumplins with mustard/collard greens, fried okra, and Mashed potatos w/brown gravy. Oh lawd that would be my final meal on execution row.

Meier

I am mesmerized by this gif. Is he wearing a butt pad? Did he hump the air at the end?

LOOOL, all I could think of was this:

key-and-peele-touchdown-celebration-b.gif

andycapps

Are we still Division 1? I thought we dropped down to High School level with our High School offense. Its ok though. UGA fans will still brag about beating us with the few unincarcerated players they will have at the game.
So much salt, I love it. We don't really brag about beating GA Tech anymore, Georgia Southern is a more worthy triple option opponent.

So much salt, I love it. We don't really brag about beating GA Tech anymore, Georgia Southern is a more worthy triple option opponent.
If you would like to end the UGA/GT series and start playing them i'm not sure many on our side would mind. Watching your drunk fans cuss out women and children for no reason isn't something we particularly look forward to.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
After stuffing your face with fried chicken, steak fingers, pot pie, and mac n cheese, you're supposed to head over to this monstrosity for dessert.

I bet they wouldn't even care if you chose to coat a chicken leg in white chocolate. Anything goes.
I'm not even a germaphobe, but gross.

I've heard rumors of people who have eaten there, but I'm not sure I believe them.

If you want to see true Americana™, you need to go there.

The last time I ate at one was on the Fourth of July with my GF at the time. We were the only people in the place under 200lbs. We had a certain sort of sadness upon leaving that made it hard to ever go to an American style buffet again. I think the closest we got was Souplantation.

Edit: I'm not actually sure it was a Golden Corral, might've been one of the other buffet places like Hometown Buffet or whatever. I just know it was near LAX and it was bleak and depressing.

The last time I ate at one was on the Fourth of July with my GF at the time. We were the only people in the place under 200lbs. We had a certain sort of sadness upon leaving that made it hard to ever go to an American style buffet again. I think the closest we got was Souplantation.

Edit: I'm not actually sure it was a Golden Corral, might've been one of the other buffet places like Hometown Buffet or whatever. I just know it was near LAX and it was bleak and depressing.

You probably went to The Sizzler. They have Sizzler buffets in So. Cal and the way you describe your experience....yeah its Sizzler

Yeah, chocolate fountains are for looking, not tasting.
Not at Golden Corral, my friend.

My GF loves going there but I usually try to avoid it. I don't know what she sees in it at all. They do have a few ok things... But still. And yeah, she's pretty small... I really don't know how.

Tamanon

Banned
Going to Golden Corral always reminds me of going to Walmart in the South. Depressing and repulsed by American culture. But it's so cheap.

Ace 8095

If you would like to end the UGA/GT series and start playing them i'm not sure many on our side would mind. Watching your drunk fans cuss out women and children for no reason isn't something we particularly look forward to.
We coming up to Atlanta this September. You may have the pleasure of losing to two Georgia teams in one year.

Maybe Paul Johnson will see the blue and white and reminiscence about the glory days of his offense actually working and get some results.

Great turnout at the spring game btw.

Georgia-Tech-attendance-593x356.jpg

We coming up to Atlanta this September. You may have the pleasure of losing to two Georgia teams in one year.

Maybe Paul Johnson will see the blue and white and reminiscence about the glory days of his offense actually working and get some results.

Georgia-Tech-attendance-593x356.jpg

117 strong

Limedust

I'll stray from the norm for a moment, and elevate the mood by listing the best places to eat in upstate SC, for anybody passing through:

Del's Twisted Kitchen: Only open for breakfast and lunch. Literally every item on the menu rates a 9 or 10 out of 10. Best Reuben sandwich I have ever eaten.

Irashiai Sushi Pub: Best sushi you'll find in the area. Highly recommend the "Samurai Jack" or "Punky Brewster" with a Sapporo (beer).

Smoke on the Water: Great place for dinner in the downtown Greenville area. It's only a side item to the main courses, but the seasoned beans are an automatic choice for anything I order. Perfect combo of sweetness and heat.

Great Bay Oyster House: Taco parrilla, mexican, seafood, oysters, sushi, tex mex, sushi... you name it. Try the seafood nachos for an appetizer.

Sorry, but I'm not even slightly worried about Georgia Southern. Are you guys even a real college?

Sorry, but I'm not even slightly worried about Georgia Southern. Are you guys even a real college?

STATESBORO, Ga. – A lot of work got done by the Georgia Southern Football team in a short amount of time Saturday in the Blue-White Spring scrimmage at Paulson Stadium. Defined by four situational series after field goal and punt units got some action, both the offense and defense showed the 4,137 in attendance their progress.

Hot damn.

Sounds like something ripped straight from Stingtalk.
Nope. Something I have witnessed first hand a few times. I also once witnessed a UGA fan "accidentally" spill a full drink on a Tech fan in front of them. Thankfully they were kicked out of the game. If you ever wonder why GT fans don't attend the game in Athens anymore or why half of the GT season ticket holders sell their UGA tickets on odd years then you have your answer.

STATESBORO, Ga. – A lot of work got done by the Georgia Southern Football team in a short amount of time Saturday in the Blue-White Spring scrimmage at Paulson Stadium. Defined by four situational series after field goal and punt units got some action, both the offense and defense showed the 4,137 in attendance their progress.

Hot damn.
Hopefully all of them come to Atlanta to watch their little team get embarrassed this year.

Talon

In my Georgia days, I've found Bama fans to be the most polite. Tennessee fans weren't bad. LSU fans were super friendly.

Georgia fans were middle of the road - those yahoos from south Georgia acting like they're from Arkansas. Obviously had the most experience with them considering I grew up in the state.

Auburn fans were definitely the worst.

The biggest "culture shock" for me when I moved up north and came back was realizing how often homophobic slurs were casually said - even at Braves games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom