• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

We dodged a bullet with that one.

He'd probably go golfing when he was supposed to be reviewing game tape of potential playoff teams.

I think he's still on it. This is the CFP Management committee (all the conference commisioners) not to be confused with the CFP Selection commitee or CFP Imaginary Girlfriend Investigation committee.

Branduil

Jameis is such a dummy, I swear.

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2014/4/30/5668004/jameis-winston-arrested-shoplifting-crab-legs-publix

I don't eat seafood so I never had Publix's crab legs but I'm sure they're good if you enjoy that kind of thing. But c'mon son, this is your future we're talking about. Someone needs to knock some sense into him.

He has no incentive to act sensibly as long as the scumbags around him cover up his crimes. I see no reason to believe that will change.

ag-my001

Just saw his statement on ESPNEWS. Is 'petit theft' a term in Florida law, or is this a fun typo seeing as he only took the legs?

andycapps

Well sorry for actually having the instate rival be inside the conference, in the same division, where winning or losing the game actually counts.

Hey man, not our fault Bobby Dodd bitched until GA Tech left the SEC back in the day. And you're kind of wrong, it matters when we lose to GA Tech, doesn't matter when we win. Everybody shrugs.

Heard about the Winston thing...::facepalm::

Bme4c-zCIAEkp21.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hey man, not our fault Bobby Dodd bitched until GA Tech left the SEC back in the day. And you're kind of wrong, it matters when we lose to GA Tech, doesn't matter when we win. Everybody shrugs.

there's "matters" and then there's "matters"

We have to share money with these guys, have to partake in conference voting with these guys. Face it, the rest of the SEC is too chickenshit to go to 9 conference games, because of the fear of more losses, and the fear of not having equal amounts of home games.

Meier

Motherfucking dumbass

Well, at least he wasn't actually arrested. Will pay Publix the $32 back and has to do some community service this week or it will go back to the State. You better believe Mike and Jimbo will have a small army of undergrads watching him like a hawk, driving him there, etc. to make sure he gets his hours.

andycapps

there's "matters" and then there's "matters"

We have to share money with these guys, have to partake in conference voting with these guys. Face it, the rest of the SEC is too chickenshit to go to 9 conference games, because of the fear of more losses, and the fear of not having equal amounts of home games.

Fair enough on the bolded.

On the latter, would you want to do 9 SEC games plus a mandatory non conference game with a Big 5 team?

andycapps

SEC Network early schedule announced.
Not sure if it's possible to format this correctly, but I'll try to separate things some. Just hit the link if you want to read them cleanly.
Date Time (ET) Game
Thu, Aug. 28
6 p.m. Texas A&M at South Carolina
9:15 p.m. Temple at Vanderbilt

Sat, Aug. 30
Noon Tennessee-Martin at Kentucky
4 p.m. Arkansas at Auburn
7:30 p.m. Southern Mississippi at Mississippi State

Sun, Aug. 31
7 p.m. Utah State at Tennessee

Sat, Sept. 6
Noon Florida Atlantic at Alabama
Noon Arkansas State at Tennessee
4 p.m. Eastern Michigan at Florida
4 p.m. Nicholls State at Arkansas
7:30 p.m. Sam Houston State at LSU
7:30 p.m. Lamar at Texas A&M

Sat, Sept. 13
Noon UCF at Missouri
4 p.m. Louisiana-Lafayette at Ole Miss
7:30 p.m. Kentucky at Florida

Sat, Sept. 20
Noon Troy at Georgia
4 p.m. TBD
7:30 p.m. TBD

cdyhybrid

Date Time (ET) Game
Thu, Aug. 28 6 p.m. Texas A&M at South Carolina
9:15 p.m. Temple at Vanderbilt
Sat, Aug. 30 Noon Tennessee-Martin at Kentucky
4 p.m. Arkansas at Auburn
7:30 p.m. Southern Mississippi at Mississippi State
Sun, Aug. 31 7 p.m. Utah State at Tennessee
Sat, Sept. 6 Noon Florida Atlantic at Alabama
Noon Arkansas State at Tennessee
4 p.m. Eastern Michigan at Florida
4 p.m. Nicholls State at Arkansas
7:30 p.m. Sam Houston State at LSU
7:30 p.m. Lamar at Texas A&M
Sat, Sept. 13 Noon UCF at Missouri
4 p.m. Louisiana-Lafayette at Ole Miss
7:30 p.m. Kentucky at Florida
Sat, Sept. 20 Noon Troy at Georgia
4 p.m. TBD
7:30 p.m. TBD

2inc7Rw.jpg

andycapps

Hawaii is no cupcake. Ask Bama.

:jnc

I think we should go ahead and pencil in THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY BUCKEYES OF THE UNIVERSITY OF FIGHTING MAURICE CLARETT OF OHIO BUCKEYES in for a playoff spot this year. That schedule is a fucking joke.

Oh man, I just noticed that you bolded Kentucky on that list. I would say "Ether'd" but I don't think it counts since we have no UK football fans and they'd admit it as well. Though honestly, with UF going 4-8 last year, I don't know that that one's a given.

Edit: woo pig sooey, just noticed you bolded Arky as well. Lawd

:jnc

I think we should go ahead and pencil in THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY BUCKEYES OF THE UNIVERSITY OF FIGHTING MAURICE CLARETT OF OHIO BUCKEYES in for a playoff spot this year. That schedule is a fucking joke.

Oh man, I just noticed that you bolded Kentucky on that list. I would say "Ether'd" but I don't think it counts since we have no UK football fans and they'd admit it as well. Though honestly, with UF going 4-8 last year, I don't know that that one's a given.

Edit: woo pig sooey, just noticed you bolded Arky as well. Lawd

Navy,UC,Va tech are all pretty decent. Schedule starts ramping up this year, although I can already see in 2018 when Oklahoma is shit and we have to play them getting that tossed in our face.

andycapps

Navy,UC,Va tech are all pretty decent. Schedule starts ramping up this year, although I can already see in 2018 when Oklahoma is shit and we have to play them getting that tossed in our face.

You've also got that Kent State game in there. They're shit, Navy is shit, VA Tech could give some problems. But that B1G schedule is just poor, it's obviously not OSU's fault that everyone else sucks, but almost everyone else really sucks. Toughest game on the schedule is Michigan State. Obviously they've been pretty good.

Draxal

You've also got that Kent State game in there. They're shit, Navy is shit, VA Tech could give some problems. But that B1G schedule is just poor, it's obviously not OSU's fault that everyone else sucks, but almost everyone else really sucks. Toughest game on the schedule is Michigan State. Obviously they've been pretty good.

Kent State's their equivalent of an FCS/buy in game(its like knocking your schedule for Charleston Southern). Their B1G schedule would be fine if Michigan and Penn State were underperforming as they have been. Their crossover games will also get more difficult once parity scheduling occurs.

Man, Rutgers' schedule this year is kinda terrifying compared to the one we had last year (to be fair we did play three first round potential qbs in Carr/Bortles/Bridgewater last year).

Kent st is shit, but every team has that one OOC game thats complete and utter garbage. I wouldnt say Navy is shit, theyre a decent team, past 2 years won 8 and 9 games. Like you said we cant control conference teams, but our OOC scheduling has been getting better, we have pretty much one big time team per year on the schedule until 2022.

Fuck the SEC network. fuckers

Put the UCF/Mizzou game on there. They've been trying to advertise hard in Whorelando too. I'll just go to a sports bar that day.

Draxal

Kent st is shit, but every team has that one OOC game thats complete and utter garbage. I wouldnt say Navy is shit, theyre a decent team, past 2 years won 8 and 9 games. Like you said we cant control conference teams, but our OOC scheduling has been getting better, we have pretty much one big time team per year on the schedule until 2022.

To be fair, in the future you do kinda control your inconference scheduling due to parity crossovers.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Fair enough on the bolded.

On the latter, would you want to do 9 SEC games plus a mandatory non conference game with a Big 5 team?

Personally, I'd be good with a 9 game SEC schedule and a requirement that every non-conference game has to be from a "Big 5" conference. But I'm crazy, and as I've said before, screw championships, I wanna see good games.

Of course it doesn't really work out like that, a cupcake game is good for helping develop some of the younger players and a lot of those teams need the money they are paid for the (assumed, lol Florida) L.

andycapps

Another QB leaving GA Tech. Backup Ty Griffin.

I just don't think Navy can compete with tOSU or any top BCS team. They are triple option though, right? That could make the first half uncomfortable for fans.

@Navy, Va Tech, Kent St lol, Cincy is a pretty decent slate. Much better than most SEC teams, I'm guessing.

Edit: Hey, Jawjaw actually has a pretty good OOC this year. Two garbage teams, but also two good ones.
I was looking more at the full picture and at their conference schedule combined with OOC. No Wisconsin there this year, most of the perennial top teams just aren't that good in the conference barring a huge turnaround.

And it's Jawjuh. We played Clempson last year as well, this year we have them at home and without Tajh Boyd or Sammy Watkins. But it'll still be a tough game. Lines opened this week (!) and Georgia opened as a 7 point favorite. Next year our OOC will be poor. I think the year after they are trying to get something big for OOC lined up. Discussions are going in right now with some big programs so hopefully something worked out this summer.

Bert's browns I'm bengals. I'm an outlier in columbus, most people here are browns/steelers fans, even though Cincy is closest to cbus. (2 hours vs Cleveland which is 2.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom