• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah.....its dumb....

Also apparently this is a big Ohio thing where distance how to get somewhere are mentioned by time instead of miles. Can you out of towners please confirm/deny!

I've heard both. If I'm traveling from point A to point B for the first time, I'll talk in miles. After I have traveled the path before, I'll measure that distance in time.

Talon

Ohio State and Michigan can at least agree on one thing: not creating a safe environment for sexual assault victims.

Bmjwd7OIUAAnFCv.jpg
Jeez crack prices

andycapps

@Team_ColtMcCoy: Browns have officially signed Vince Young to a 1-year deal. Sets up a potential matchup between VY and Colt McCoy week 2 of preseason on MNF

Browns are also looking at Aaron Murray a lot right now. Maybe Vince Young is their holdover for Murray's rookie year.

Draxal

RutgersAl at it again.

This season is the opportunity of a LIFETIME!!! Yes the schedule is difficult, but I feel confident that this Rutgers team is up to the task. We're on the BIG STAGE now, and its our opportunity to SHINE!

1. Ralph Fridgen

Gives Rutgers the coaching firepower to go up against Urban Meyer and Company. Will be able to successfully attack vulnerable opposing defenses such as Ohio States, thanks to our superior talent and athleticism.

2. Gary Nova

The player that is going to most benefit from Ralph Fridgens tutelage is much maligned quarterback, Gary Nova. Nova has a resume that is the envy of every other Rutgers quarterback - a shared Big East Title, and a hand in three bowl attending seasons. He has also shown poise under pressure, pulling out a terrific victory against an SEC team in a difficult SEC environment and nearly outdueling expected future NFL quarterback Derek Carr.

There's no doubt that Gary Nova can play like the Best qb in the Big Ten. If he can show the ability to make better decisions, and avoid erratic play and mental mistakes, there is no doubt in my mind, that Gary Nova can lead this team to a conference championship, guaranteeing him the opportunity to realize his NFL aspirations. Very few Big Ten Quarterbacks have the rocket launcher that Gary Nova possesses on his right shoulder.

Thats why I'm betting ALL my chips on Gary Nova.

3. Best OL in the Big Ten

With two NFL locks manning the left side of the Rutgers offensive line, and an NFL possibility at Center, and two solid college football players on the right side, Rutgers is poised to have the BEST OL in the Big Ten. While our OL is on the Big Ten lighter side, they are fast, they are exceptionally strong, and they win battles with superior technique. The lardasses of other Big Ten OLs simply don't measure up.

I wanna also mention that I'm very EXCITED about our 2nd String OL, some of whom are good enough to start at places like Michigan and Penn State, but because they are at Rutgers, they have to wait. Miller, Denman, Brodie, Applefield, and Nelson will one day have their opportunity to SHINE.

4. Best DL in the Big Ten/Rutgers Sack Exchange

Darius Hamilton is poised to have an All American type year. He's 263 lbs of flesh, 500 lbs of heart, and has emerged as the leader of the Rutgers defense, and is quickly developing into the Best DL in America. He will be supported by a deep and talented supporting cast, with talent and depth at defensive end we've never had before.

5. Best LB Corp in the Big Ten

With two exceptionally productive All American Candidates on the outside (Steve Longa 100+ tackles in 2013, Quinton Gause 12 tackles vs ND), and a proven performer on the inside, Rutgers LB talent is HEAD and SHOULDERS better than any oppossing squad we will face.

6. Best WR in the Big Ten

Leonte Carroo had THREE game winning catches in the final minutes of last years games. If that doesn't show poise and performance under pressure, I don't know what does. The game winning catch against SMU was particularly difficult, because Nova squeezed the ball past three flailing defenders. What differentiates Carroo from others are his EXCEPTIONAL hands, and his Quickness, which allows him to get downfield FAST.

7. Best Tight End in the Big Ten

Tyler Kroft was Rutgers leading receiver and an SI All American Honorable Mention and first team all Conference in 2013. He reminds me of Jeremy Shockey with his grace and athleticism, but minus the attitude, which is a big plus.

8. Best Fullback in the Big Ten

I think we're going to see Coach Fridgen take better advantage of the skills and toughness of Burton, who is integral to our rushing attack and has a bright NFL future.

9. Best Running Back in the Big Ten

Keeping Paul James healthy is probably the biggest key to Rutgers Success this season. With a healthy James in the lineup, who averaged 4.8 ypc against Notre Dame, Rutgers can beat ANYONE. He showed the ability to dominate, when he led the nation in rushing the first couple weeks of the season. After he was lost against Arkansas, Rutgers offense wasn't as effective the rest of the season.

10. Solid Secondary

Nadir Barnwell and Cioffi are going to be exponentially better this season. They are playing with more confidence, which is going to allow Rutgers to play oppossing receivers tightly, as oppossed to giving them a large cushion. (see ND game) We know our safeties are vulnerable in coverage- they're run stuffers. But there's only one quarterback in the Big Ten who can take advantage of that- Hackenburg, who unfortunately doesn't have the surrounding talent to be successful against a team like Rutgers.

Conclusion

As I look over our roster, and at our schedule, I can't help but think that there's NO reason why Rutgers can't put the Big Ten Title Trophy in our Trophy Case at the end of the season. This is the most talent and depth we've EVER had. Im not sure it can get much better than this at Rutgers. Experienced and talented oline, experienced and talented dline, exceptionally talented lbers, solid secondary, a senior qb, an rb capable of breaking 1500 yards, an All American Candidate Tight End, Wide Receiver and fullback. Everything is in place to be successful. Now its all about Execution.

Draxal

Man, Drax, I thought you were going full Pristine on us there.

I've been doing this for years now, last year he had us as the number 4 team in the country. This is actually one of his "tamer" ones.

For me personally, I just want to beat the hell out of PSU this year. Anything else is icing on the cake.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Fuck the SEC network. fuckers

Put the UCF/Mizzou game on there. They've been trying to advertise hard in Whorelando too. I'll just go to a sports bar that day.

Most sportsbars have DirecTV, which is still holding out. I know one guy with Dish Network. I told him he may have 100 people at his house opening weekend.

andycapps

Jameis Winston has been reinstated to the baseball team after completing his 20 hours of community service. Assuming that they'll say that this punishment will be sufficient to keep him from serving any suspensions once football starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom