• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jameis Winston has been reinstated to the baseball team after completing his 20 hours of community service. Assuming that they'll say that this punishment will be sufficient to keep him from serving any suspensions once football starts.

He'll sit the second half of the game against the Citadel on 9/6.

Meier

Jameis Winston has been reinstated to the baseball team after completing his 20 hours of community service. Assuming that they'll say that this punishment will be sufficient to keep him from serving any suspensions once football starts.

Yeah, there won't be any suspension from football. He wasn't even arrested, so it wouldn't make sense for there to be.

andycapps

More details about Jameis Winston's taste in crab legs and crawfish.

Florida State star quarterback Jameis Winston appeared to avoid deputies when he walked out of the Ocala Road Publix on Tuesday.

A Leon County Sheriff’s Office deputy said Winston ordered three pounds of steamed crab legs with Old Bay seasoning and one pound of steamed crawfish with Cajun seasoning and then left the store, according to the incident report released this afternoon.

The deputy, who wrote the report based on viewing the Publix surveillance video, then said Winston then came back in the store, collected his seafood and went to the dairy aisle and picked up a package of butter.

As he was leaving the store, Winston appeared to pause in front of a Leon County deputy who was working in-store security detail at the time. The pause, the incident report said, appeared to be an attempt to avoid walking in front of the deputy. He said Winston then walked behind the deputy, past all registers and out of the store.
A Publix employee told deputies he noticed Winston walk out of the store and assumed he hadn’t paid for his purchase since he didn’t have a grocery bag. He and his manager watched Winston walk out of the store because they thought he was grabbing a shopping cart. They soon realized Winston walked out without paying when he didn’t return.

The cost of the crab legs, crawfish and butter is valued at $32.72, the price the sheriff’s office said he took. Winston, however, contends he did not steal the butter, the report said. He told deputies he left it in a bin before he left the store because he realized he did not need it.

The investigating deputy went back to Publix and looked in the bins where Winston said he put the butter, but none was found.

Part made me laugh so hard:

" Winston, however, contends he did not steal the butter"

Have a feeling this wont be the last we'll hear of Jamesis and getting in trouble.

andycapps

Part made me laugh so hard:

" Winston, however, contends he did not steal the butter"

Have a feeling this wont be the last we'll hear of Jamesis and getting in trouble.

That was my favorite part of the article. Yeah, I don't think this is the last we'll hear of him getting in trouble.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Honestly, as someone who worked in a grocery store in high school, I think he'd be less of a dick for stealing the butter than just putting it in some random bin to melt and fuck more shit up.

R5EOJmW.jpg

Brought to you by: Unemployment

- SI: Pac-12 in talks about moving league title game to Levi's Stadium
Multiple sources indicated to SI.com that a permanent site for the Pac-12 championship has been a part of the discussions at the league's annual meetings taking place this week at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix. Other venues have been discussed over the years, but Levi's Stadium is considered the heavy favorite.

The conference presidents and chancellors would ultimately approve whether to move the game away from on-campus sites. They hold their annual meetings in June.

The first three Pac-12 title games were played at the home stadiums of Arizona State, Stanford and Oregon, respectively. The Cardinal beat the Sun Devils in front of an announced attendance of 69,535 in Tempe last year. Stanford drew just 31,622 to campus for its 27-24 victory over UCLA in 2012. The inaugural game at Oregon's Autzen Stadium sold out, with 59,376 fans attending. Generally, the league has received positive feedback from schools and coaches about the home-hosting model.

Conference leaders see multiple positives in moving the game to the Bay Area, including the fact that Pac-12 schools all have strong alumni bases nearby. They also see the modern new stadium, replete with technological bells and whistles such as luxury suites and wireless Internet, as an added bonus.

The league found difficulties for schools hosting the game on short notice. Ticket sales were rushed, and athletic directors voiced concerns about potential issues with luxury boxes and season tickets holders needing to be moved to make room for corporate entities. With a game branded in one city -- just like the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta -- the league can sell tickets to the event year-round, not exclusively as a game tied to two specific schools.

Different cities have pitched Pac-12 about hosting over the years, including Phoenix, Las Vegas and Seattle. As of now, however, Levi's Stadium is the clear frontrunner. Santa Clara sits about 40 miles south of San Francisco. The new stadium, which will open in August with an expected capacity of 68,500, will host two college football games this season: Oregon-Cal on Oct. 24 and the Fight Hunger Bowl in late December. It will host Super Bowl L in 2016.

One source said there remains concern whether Pac-12 fans will make the trip to a neutral site in large numbers. The league originally opted for home sites when it expanded to 12 teams in 2011 in large part to alleviate that concern.

The Rutgers admin knew they fucked up, and decided to let LeGrand be a co-commencement speaker. Rutgers is trying to play it off like this was their plan all along, but no one buys that PR bullshit. Oh Rutgers...for as high an academic reputation you maintain, you sure act juvenile, callous, and irresponsible at times.

cdyhybrid

We travel pretty well, so I don't mind having the game in SF since it's a central location. I think having it at a home stadium makes for a better atmosphere, though. And it gives the game a better chance of selling out (unless it's Stanford hosting).

Draxal

The Rutgers admin knew they fucked up, and decided to let LeGrand be a co-commencement speaker. Rutgers is trying to play it off like this was their plan all along, but no one buys that PR bullshit. Oh Rutgers...for as high an academic reputation you maintain, you sure act juvenile, callous, and irresponsible at times.

Barchi was a bad hire, but he was forced upon us by Fatso. He really had no experience at being a manager of such ... large educationial institution as Rutgers.

Don't get me wrong Barchi is an incredibly smart dude, smarter than anybody that posts here, but his body of work didn't have to handle the various political shenanigans that goes around in NJ, and the entitled attitudes of the student base and faculty.

Draxal

You can't blame it all on Chris Christie. UT has dedicated admin to fight off Rick Perry's shenanigans. Maybe Rutgers needs to get some personnel who will fight back.

The BOT here only serves to protects Rutgers assets when it was a private college and is limited in power, The majority of the BOG are selected by the Governor. Popo could explain this more convincinglly.

Texas also holds alot more weight in Texas than Rutgers does in NJ, the northeast holds it public universities with disdain (see SUNY).

Oh Rutgers. Invites Eric LeGrand to speak at commencement, then later rescinds offer to make way for the former governor Tom Kean.

Deadspin

Keep fucking that chicken.

It's not yet dead Goldeneye. It's not yet dead. Sure it might be cold, it might be decrepit, it might have crusty weird shit on it, but nooooooo! it's not dead yet.

Subitai

Woot, top PA prospect stayed in state.

I still have my doubts about Franklin, but if he can hold this class together it will be amazing.

It is still early, and Urbz has plenty of time to flip some of them. =/

Draxal

I still have my doubts about Franklin, but if he can hold this class together it will be amazing.

Franklin works very hard, I'll give him that. You guys are probably going to have a bad season due to your OL (or lack of); but he won't get outworked on the recruiting grounds (unlike somebody else I know).

andycapps

He's probably got some booster girls working on those recruits round the clock.

Keep fucking that chicken.

It's not yet dead Goldeneye. It's not yet dead. Sure it might be cold, it might be decrepit, it might have crusty weird shit on it, but nooooooo! it's not dead yet.
lol

I was just passing along the info. If Tulane pulled a similar thing with their paralyzed player, I'd have posted the same thing. I just happened to see it trending on my Facebook feed. Trust me, I don't take time to go out trolling for RU articles.

Well I can honestly say I never thought I would see an artists rendering of a girl penetrating Jameis Winston with a Jameis Winston strap-on while Jameis is on all fours over a bed of money with his erect pink penis on full display. I took an art appreciation course in community college 7 years ago and learned to never be too quick to judge artwork. The only comment I can make at this time is "I don't yet understand this piece"

mre

Well I can honestly say I never thought I would see an artists rendering of a girl penetrating Jameis Winston with a Jameis Winston strap-on while Jameis is on all fours over a bed of money with his erect pink penis on full display. I took an art appreciation course in community college 7 years ago and learned to never be too quick to judge artwork. The only comment I can make at this time is "I don't yet understand this piece"
Don't forget the crab in the bottom left corner. And the frat boy performing fellatio on Winston while Winston holds his Heisman.

mre

Lucier-Smith is a 2015 high school graduate. Them thar wolverines photyshopped him.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Rambling Wreck

THE FLATS - Four Georgia Tech teams rank among the nation's best when it comes to the Academic Progress Rate (APR) -- football, golf, women's tennis, and men's swimming -- doubling last year's count of two nationally-recognized teams.

All four Yellow Jacket teams were recognized Wednesday by the NCAA for producing an APR ranking in the top 10 percent nationally within those sports.

Georgia Tech's football program had improved its APR every year under head coach Paul Johnson and this year matched its score from last year of 983. Wednesday's announcement puts the Yellow Jackets in the top 10 percent nationally for the second consecutive time since the APR originated in 2003-04.

Rambling Wreck

THE FLATS - Four Georgia Tech teams rank among the nation's best when it comes to the Academic Progress Rate (APR) -- football, golf, women's tennis, and men's swimming -- doubling last year's count of two nationally-recognized teams.

All four Yellow Jacket teams were recognized Wednesday by the NCAA for producing an APR ranking in the top 10 percent nationally within those sports.

Georgia Tech's football program had improved its APR every year under head coach Paul Johnson and this year matched its score from last year of 983. Wednesday's announcement puts the Yellow Jackets in the top 10 percent nationally for the second consecutive time since the APR originated in 2003-04.

Congrats to their tutors for doing a remarkable job.

andycapps

wow. I wonder if there are any FSU fans that now sort of want Jameis gone before he can really fuck something up for the school and program.

Meier?

Good question. It may be hard for them to separate out their love of the school and wanting it to succeed in sports from seeing the big picture, that this kid is going to get himself/his school in trouble eventually.

Good question. It may be hard for them to separate out their love of the school and wanting it to succeed in sports from seeing the big picture, that this kid is going to get himself/his school in trouble eventually.

This is where I was halfway through TPeezys 2nd years, and that turned out so well for us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom