• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
One of the FSU GAF guys liked this youtube video on twitter:

Video Footage of the Crab Leg theft.

iLHKD4H4wC8ef.gif

andycapps

This is where I was halfway through TPeezys 2nd years, and that turned out so well for us....

It's hard to get to that point as a fan where you can separate yourself enough that you recognize something bad before it blows up in your face.

Jim Donnan's trial started the other day. This was in relation to a Ponzi scheme that he roped a lot of former collegiate players, college coaches, and various other people into. All 41 remaining counts are against Donnan, and this is considered a federal fraud trial involving (among other things) mail fraud, wire fraud, and money laundering. The prosecution is essentially stating he roped all these people into a Ponzi scheme being run out of a company called GLC in Huntington, WV. Donnan had previously coached at Marshall, so that's where that connection came from. Donnan claims that the owner of GLC, Crabtree, used him and his connections to recruit more people for his failed scheme, and Crabtree claims it was all Donnan.

Betting it was all Donnan, he's a piece of shit. Showed up drunk to practices before he was fired. And probably did for a great deal of the time before that.

Meier

wow. I wonder if there are any FSU fans that now sort of want Jameis gone before he can really fuck something up for the school and program.

Meier?

We're not at that point yet. I hope he buckles down because there's clearly maturity issues that you'd think would be sorted out but he's just a really goofy dude in general so who knows when or if it will happen. He really needs to be thinking about his future. Millions upon millions of dollars are at stake.

This Deadspin thing is a nothing story though anyway. It's just weird. Artists at every school have probably painted something similar about their players. There's an inherent disconnect between some scholars/artists and athletes at universities due to the $$ difference.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
We're not at that point yet. I hope he buckles down because there's clearly maturity issues that you'd think would be sorted out but he's just a really goofy dude in general so who knows when or if it will happen. He really needs to be thinking about his future. Millions upon millions of dollars are at stake.

This Deadspin thing is a nothing story though anyway. It's just weird. Artists at every school have probably painted something similar about their players. There's an inherent disconnect between some scholars/artists and athletes at universities due to the $$ difference.
I'm gonna need to see the receipts on this one.

ESPN doing a bad job showing Bortles dice the Rutgers deepbacks. That should devalue him more than anything, he was throwing against traffic cones.

I just can't believe the NBA got shuffled down to ESPN2 for this nonsense.

I mean, yeah, apparently the NFL is a year round deal for America, but we have actual playoffs happening. Real, live, meaningful games. ESPN wants to put the NFL draft on the main channel? That's fine. NBA should be on TNT. Playoffs shouldn't get second billing to a bunch of teams actively making mistakes.

Jhriad

This draft has already been a good one for me. I'm looking forward to going to work after telling everyone Manziel wasn't going to go in the top 15 picks and everyone in College Station scoffed in my face.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
*High Five*

Ha Ha to the Packers! Good landing spots for Bama's players. I doubt anymore go tonight.

yep.

Avoids getting stuck on shitty teams, where you have no help and get slammed for not being outstanding (see Barron, Dre and Dee)

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Why the hell is Roby actually at the draft....

Something like 30 players at the draft this year. Basically guarantees some will be left to the 2nd round, maybe even the 3rd. A far cry from previous years when somebody that was on site (like Aaron Rodgers) falling out of the top 10 was a huge story.

Its not my fault if RU continues to make headlines and is seen on need sites or trending on FB/Twitter as embarrassing themselves. And the other one also directly affected UCF!

Direct your ire to your administration lol.

It's not my fault UCF can't get into a major conference, and as a result you're acting like a boorish troll over some minor non-scandal "scandals."

It's not my fault UCF can't get into a major conference, and as a result you're acting like a boorish troll over some minor non-scandal "scandals."
I don't write the news. Stuff was right on Deadspin's front page. It's a pure fact RU is run by baffoons and it is hilarious. And it will continue to be hilarious.

And as for UCF, shit happens. I'm quite happy over what they have accomplished in such a short amount of time. It's not like we've been around for over 100 years with the benefit of being the only game in town and yet have nothing to show for it other than a welfare check.

ag-my001

I actually feel bad for Manziel. Landing in Cleveland. Ouch.
I keep a corner of my classroom board for CFB related quotes. The new one: "whatever his crimes, Cleveland is cruel and unusual punishment."

Now I've got to watch Manziel get thrown to the wolves, who just happen to be my hometown NFL team, the Ravens.

I don't write the news. Stuff was right on Deadspin's front page. It's a pure fact RU is run by baffoons and it is hilarious. And it will continue to be hilarious.

And as for UCF, shit happens. I'm quite happy over what they have accomplished in such a short amount of time. It's not like we've been around for over 100 years with the benefit of being the only game in town and yet have nothing to show for it other than a welfare check.

A. No, you don't write the news, you just always come here posting it with glee, popping off about stories that you know nothing about. The fact of the matter is that you are posting non-stories that barely register on these boards. You are posting non-stories that are based on heavily biased media accounts. So I kindly want you to step the back off.

B. The Rice story was a major issue, and it was a justified media fiasco. The rest of this stuff is just noise. It isn't the product of mass incompetence. Rutgers is a Top 25 ranked research institution that's an AAU member. As a state university that means it is doing something right, and the administration has something to do with that. That's the most important job of a university. So no, I don't think it's pure fact that the school is run by "baffoons."

C. If you are happy about UCF's progress, that's great. Just keep on talking about that. Stop piling on the misery that Draxal and I feel. We have no good news coming in the Fall. It's going to be a massive slaughter. Penn State is taking us to the recruiting woodshed. We don't have any hope other than the fact that we are in the B1G. The last thing we need is some jerk continually piling on every chance he gets. I don't recall piling on you during UCF's off the court issues. I did support you guys during the Fiesta Bowl.

A. No, you don't write the news, you just always come here posting it with glee, popping off about stories that you know nothing about. The fact of the matter is that you are posting non-stories that barely register on these boards. You are posting non-stories that are based on heavily biased media accounts. So I kindly want you to step the back off.

B. The Rice story was a major issue, and it was a justified media fiasco. The rest of this stuff is just noise. It isn't the product of mass incompetence. Rutgers is a Top 25 ranked research institution that's an AAU member. As a state university that means it is doing something right, and the administration has something to do with that. That's the most important job of a university. So no, I don't think it's pure fact that the school is run by "baffoons."

C. If you are happy about UCF's progress, that's great. Just keep on talking about that. Stop piling on the misery that Draxal and I feel. We have no good news coming in the Fall. It's going to be a massive slaughter. Penn State is taking us to the recruiting woodshed. We don't have any hope other than the fact that we are in the B1G. The last thing we need is some jerk continually piling on every chance he gets. I don't recall piling on you during UCF's off the court issues. I did support you guys during the Fiesta Bowl.
Plenty of schools here catch shit for dumb things that actually don't mean much in the scheme of things. This is a thread about college football issues and its the off season. I'm not meaning to come off I have it out for RU. I thought Eric LeGrand was a big story in general, hence why I posted it here. And of course I didn't even go out of my way to find it in the first place. If nobody posts about it, then it will fall off. I didn't even go beyond the initial story or try to keep it going. Draxal even said the president hire was a bad one in response.

If my school does something dumb, which it has plenty of times, I would expect people to point it out. And it has been. And of course we are overall worst off than you given the conference situation. AAC and co get shit on all of the time. But I take it I jest and realize its not that big of a deal.

But I'll respect your wishes and not try to come off as someone who has it out for RU. I promise you I don't. And I don't go out of my way to look at this info. Especially regarding something that was simply posted on Deadspin.

Oh and run by baffons was mostly in relation to the athletics side. I am aware of RU's academics. I actually work with a professor that came from RU. He's a good guy.

Draxal

To be fair, Franklin is taking everybody to the woodshed right now. What he is selling is pretty impressive. Although, PSU is a couple of years away, and you know Meyer is going to flip some of those recruits.

@Popo, don't forget Peteykirch, we're up there for the biggest fan contingent on gaf.

edit. Also there's a Schiano article on SI having him go to Rutgers again, nice to know that he fed it to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom