• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Bama Beat writer Cecil Hurt meant to send this as a direct message:

tuzaratu.jpg

:jnc

At least the school. It was in response to UF's softball team beating our girls.

So apparently the girls in that state can play ball....the boys not so much. Neither FSU, UF, or Miami could make it out of their regionals despite hosting the tournament at their respective schools.

Also, Bama JUST won the national title in golf, cant you spread some championships around to some other schools? no need to get greedy...at least wait a couple months until claiming your next natty

mre

So apparently the girls in that state can play ball....the boys not so much. Neither FSU, UF, or Miami could make it out of their regionals despite hosting the tournament at their respective schools.

Also, Bama JUST won the national title in golf, cant you spread some championships around to some other schools? no need to get greedy...at least wait a couple months until claiming your next natty

We'll wait only long enough to find the next thing that Gondo loves, just so we can take that from him, too.

In related news Texas just beat the Aggies twice out of three games and are now going to the Super Regionals.

Yeah last night my aggy facebook friends were brimming with hubris after their win. Tonight, they went silent, and I simply "shared" LHN's post about Texas moving on in the super regional with my comment "Just like old times". Hopefully aggy remains silent on social media for a while

Enfinit

Speaking of pissed-off Aggies, they didn't take too kindly to this (the jersey name):

4b3fe067d8.png

Look, we're just trying to be trendy!

cashman

Banned
Yeah last night my aggy facebook friends were brimming with hubris after their win. Tonight, they went silent, and I simply "shared" LHN's post about Texas moving on in the super regional with my comment "Just like old times". Hopefully aggy remains silent on social media for a while

You know this will never happen

mre

Speaking of pissed-off Aggies, they didn't take too kindly to this (the jersey name):

4b3fe067d8.png

Look, we're just trying to be trendy!
So Jameis has moved on to stealing trademarks as if they were crab legs at a Publix. Where will it stop?

mre

So I guess the message there is: "Send your kid to private school, or they will become fascists."

?
I have no clue what they're going for. The billboard is apparently paid for by a local Auburn ministry.

KingGondo

Banned
We'll wait only long enough to find the next thing that Gondo loves, just so we can take that from him, too.
Thankfully Bama isn't still in the baseball tourney, while we're hosting a Super Regional this weekend against the mighty UC Irvine Anteaters.

Roll Damn Pokes.

So I guess the message there is: "Send your kid to private school, or they will become fascists."

?
Not just any kind of fascists, either: Nazi fascists.

mre

Thankfully Bama isn't still in the baseball tourney, while we're hosting a Super Regional this weekend against the mighty UC Irvine Anteaters.

Roll Damn Pokes.
That's okay. That just means that this isn't going to be your year.
Not just any kind of fascists, either: Nazi fascists.
The weird thing is that it seems to be quoting Hitler favorably. So maybe growing up to be a nazi fascist Auburnite is a good thing?

Why is Adolf Hitler written in that font? Why is Hitler's quote being used as a positive? Is a youth ministry just reinforcing the idea that indoctrination is a part of Church activities?

I thought the -Adolf Hitler was graffiti tbh. Like maybe the sign creator wasn't privy the quote was one by hitler so a vandal decided to let him know in this manner.
I know I'm giving the creator an overly generous benefit of the doubt.

mre

Why is Hitler's quote being used as a positive? Is a youth ministry just reinforcing the idea that indoctrination is a part of Church activities?
These are good, important questions. If only we had Auburn fans here to answer them for us. :(
I thought the -Adolf Hitler was graffiti tbh. Like maybe the sign creator wasn't privy the quote was one by hitler so a vandal decided to let him know in this manner.
I know I'm giving the creator an overly generous benefit of the doubt.
I don't think that's graffiti...
Nevermind the two comma splices there.
Oh, God. Fuck you; that's all I can see now.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently A&M just dismissed two defensive players, LB Darian Claiborne and DL Isaiah Golden. Sounds like they both started a fair bit last season as true freshmen.

“These two individuals have failed to meet the high expectations and standards that we have for our football players and as representatives of this university,” Sumlin said. “These two players have exhibited a pattern of behavior that we will not tolerate at Texas A&M."

I'm sure Briles has already contacted both of them.

andycapps

Another UGA player is leaving. Tray Matthews (one of the check cashing guys and perpetually injured and out of position last year) has said he's leaving UGA and going to either Auburn or Louisville. Loss talentwise but the kid is more interested in goofing off on Twitter and retweeting photos of him in a football uniform than actually playing well. This one has been rumored for a while and doesn't shock me in the least. Need less people talking about being awesome and more players being awesome. Still, our secondary is going to be young again. Pruitt will really be tested on how quickly he can coach guys up in his system. I don't see any way they can be more out of position or play as poorly as they did last year though. Also, without Tray Matthews playing against Auburn last year, we would have won.

Richt said he was dismissed. "We are trying to make room for guys who want to do things right."

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Another UGA player is leaving. Tray Matthews (one of the check cashing guys and perpetually injured and out of position last year) has said he's leaving UGA and going to either Auburn or Louisville. Loss talentwise but the kid is more interested in goofing off on Twitter and retweeting photos of him in a football uniform than actually playing well. This one has been rumored for a while and doesn't shock me in the least. Need less people talking about being awesome and more players being awesome. Still, our secondary is going to be young again. Pruitt will really be tested on how quickly he can coach guys up in his system. I don't see any way they can be more out of position or play as poorly as they did last year though. Also, without Tray Matthews playing against Auburn last year, we would have won.

While it was mostly the other DB's fault, for undercutting Mathews, Matthews was going for an INT when he absolutely should not have.

such fluke much stupid

Apparently A&M just dismissed two defensive players, LB Darian Claiborne and DL Isaiah Golden. Sounds like they both started a fair bit last season as true freshmen.

I'm sure Briles has already contacted both of them.

Wonder if Claiborne getting kicked out will help out a walk-on that's related to, I guess he'd be called a "Cousin-in-law" (the player is the Nephew of a guy who married a 1st cousin). It'd be nice for his family to see him get on the field.

andycapps

While it was mostly the other DB's fault, for undercutting Mathews, Matthews was going for an INT when he absolutely should not have.

such fluke much stupid

Exactly, should have batted the ball down and the game would have been over. Hell, any DB should know that in their heads when you have the lead and there's only time for one more play, bat the fucking ball down.

The thing that gets me is last week Richt was giving Matthews a public vote of confidence that he'd turn things around. Seemed more like a public ultimatum. Clearly, what he saw/heard since then changed his mind drastically. Usually Richt wishes guys the best or something, not at all the case here.

andycapps

4th down, an incompletion is the same as an INT. Never played football, still know that.
Yup, even if they get the interception there, we'd likely have better field position if the ball just turned over on downs from where Marshall threw the Hail Mary from.

On the sign in Auburn, I took it to mean "Adolf Hitler knew he had to gain, train, and own the youth. If we don't shape children's minds, [someone like] Adolf Hitler will." I think that's probably their intended message, but the sign wasn't very effective in doing so since people are drawing different meanings (and, of course, that means it's possible the meaning I'm drawing was not actually intended, maybe someone there actually likes Hitler).

It's not uncommon in political and theological ads to take a quote that makes sense on some fundamental level but is coming from someone demonstrably evil (or, as is often the case, merely someone with whom you disagree). It's meant to scare people into action. "The other side/enemy knows this! Fight back!" That sort of thing.

Again, that's what I think they were going for. It seems it's going badly.

So... teach your children before Obumbo gets ahold of them and turns them into terrists?

Fun times.

That might not be what they were going for here, but in all actuality, I don't know how many times I've seen a quote from (or some other connection to) Hitler on top of a (dark, smokey, sinister) picture of Obama on my Facebook feed. The political nonsense largely drove me away from Facebook. I've blocked much of the sources of that drivel (not the people, but the content [propaganda] they're sharing), but it has still sullied the experience. It's not that I want to run away from differing viewpoints, but so many of the image macros were clearly not based in reality.

Watching Mike & Mike, and they're talking about Saban's new contract. He has got to have the best agent in history. He gets a $400,000 bonus just for not quitting in the middle of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom