• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

That's like saying where it really counts is in the NFL...

But I understand why a Georgia fan would want to de-emphasize college-level performances. :p

Haha I'm just emphasizing that because it helps me this year. Georgia's been in there quite a few times.

Everybody else is scurred.
We'll schedule you. Would be an opportunity to go 2-0 in the all time series.

AAC divisions are kind of leaked for 2015

AAC East: UCF, USF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Temple.
AAC West: Houston, SMU, Tulsa, Memphis, Navy, Tulane.

As a UCF fan, this makes me very happy. Navy is taken care of because they wanted to be in the west division. Just wish we do 9 conference games since nobody will schedule us OOC. Would screw Navy, though, since they play Army, ND and Michigan or whoever else as a regular game for them.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
We'll schedule you. Would be an opportunity to go 2-0 in the all time series.

AAC divisions are kind of leaked for 2015

AAC East: UCF, USF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Temple.
AAC West: Houston, SMU, Tulsa, Memphis, Navy, Tulane.

As a UCF fan, this makes me very happy. Navy is taken care of because they wanted to be in the west division. Just wish we do 9 conference games since nobody will schedule us OOC. Would screw Navy, though, since they play Army, ND and Michigan or whoever else as a regular game for them.
Don't talk to me, talk to Bill Battle.

mre

Sure, why the fuck not?

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/05/auburn_could_claim_more_nation.html said:
DESTIN, Florida -- Auburn could stake claim to several more national titles as early as this fall.

In a debate that has raged since January, the school could decide whether to claim national titles in 1910, 1913, 1914, 1983, 1993 and 2004 in the next several weeks, athletics director Jay Jacobs told AL.com on Thursday.

A committee is scheduled to meet in June to discuss the potential of recognizing more than the two titles it already claims for the undefeated seasons in 1957 and 2010. The committee is headed by chief marketing officer Ward Swift and has already sought feedback from former players, coaches and fans.

Almost any university can claim pre WWII MNC's. Seasons were an average of like 7 games so multiple teams every year could claim a chip if they wanted. One of princetons national championships was based off finishing the season 2-0

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Everybody else is scurred.

If it was this year, I wouldn't mind Duke taking another shot. We'd still lose, but it wouldn't be 63-13 bad. 2015 though...well, since most of the returning talent this year will be gone, no thanx.

mre

OSU freshman RB Devon Thomas was arrested last night for armed robbery and shooting with intent to kill.

http://m.tulsaworld.com/news/courts...041-2b90-5541-960f-43bc604e96f4.html?mode=jqm

Jeez.

On the bright side, new turf is being installed at Boone Pickens Stadium!

:-/

Edit: Just saw mre's classless post about the golf title. And I thought it was the sport of gentlemen!?!?

Apparently not when the SECSECSEC is involved. Harrumph.
ROLL TIDE BABY! FIRST WE STOLE YOUR FOOTBALL 'SHIP, NOW WE'RE STEALING YOUR GOLF 'SHIP! NEXT WE COMING FOR YOUR WOMEN'S BADMINTON 'SHIPS! ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Limedust

Just saw mre's classless post about the golf title. And I thought it was the sport of gentlemen!?!?

Apparently not when the SECSECSEC is involved. Harrumph.

Boohoo.

The Cowboy Golf program has accumulated ten NCAA national championships and 16 runner-up finishes. OSU has made the NCAA Championship field a record 64 times in a row, and has finished lower than fifth on only 14 occasions. OSU players have captured 8 individual national championships, 13 player of the year distinctions, and 160 All-America mentions.

cdyhybrid

I totally forgot that Stooge became a mod until I saw him post in that OT thread. At least our resident Cal fan and our resident LSU fan didn't become to big for us after they got red names.

cdyhybrid

GT8lbTH.png

Footballlllllllll

Georgia Southern is having an amazing sports academic year. First they upset Florida in football, and today they upset Jameis Winston and FSU's top ranked baseball team.

Winston only had one at bat, and grounded out...but still!

andycapps

Georgia Southern is having an amazing sports academic year. First they upset Florida in football, and today they upset Jameis Winston and FSU's top ranked baseball team.

Winston only had one at bat, and grounded out...but still!
I saw that. Georgia Southern>all Florida teams. ;p

Draxal

I kinda liked senile Holtz. Yes, his commentary was inane and and beyond homertastic, but this is college football homerism and stereotypes should be encouraged.

andycapps

NFL.com posted a list of the 14 scariest players in CFB. Not a horrible list.

1. Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama
2. Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
3. Leonard Williams, DT/DE, USC
4. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
5. Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
6. Denzel Perryman, OLB, Miami (Fla.)
7. Eric Striker, LB, Oklahoma
8. Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia
9. Vic Beasley, DE, Clemson
10. Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska
11. Benardrick McKinney, OLB, Mississippi State
12. Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford