• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brendan Bigelow is declaring for the draft. That's five Cal juniors making that choice including Moala, Fortt, Rodgers, and Kam Jackson. Couple that with the three underclassmen that are leaving for other Pac-12 schools (Ragin, Kline, and Tagaloa) and next season is looking like another rough one for Cal.

@BFeldmanCBS said:
The last time Kevin Steele coached in a game was as Clemson's DC when #WVU scored 70 in the 2012 OB. #Bama's 2014 opener is against WVU.
Boom. Just gonna put one in the win column, not watch the actual game, and assume my reality is the correct one.

Brendan Bigelow is declaring for the draft. That's five Cal juniors making that choice including Moala, Fortt, Rodgers, and Kam Jackson. Couple that with the three underclassmen that are leaving for other Pac-12 schools (Ragin, Kline, and Tagaloa) and next season is looking like another rough one for Cal.
So would you say its a terrible season to be a Cal Bear?

cdyhybrid

Bigelow cost himself millions by not coming to UW. Sucks for him!

.@KTVBSportsGuy: Former @bkfootball and #Colorado QB Cody Hawkins (son of Dan Hawkins) will join Urban Meyer's staff as a graduate assistant at #OhioState.

Welcome to intermurals brother

andycapps

Kirk Olividatti is leaving UGA to go back to the Redskins where he spent 11 years as an assistant. No word yet on if Wilson is leaving too, Richt expected both of them to stay but Pruitt may have other ideas.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Kirk Olividatti is leaving UGA to go back to the Redskins where he spent 11 years as an assistant. No word yet on if Wilson is leaving too, Richt expected both of them to stay but Pruitt may have other ideas.
Mark Richt has lost control of his own ability to decide who coaches for UGA.

andycapps

Mark Richt has lost control of his own ability to decide who coaches for UGA.
Haha I think it's more that he couldn't resist going back to his old NFL team now that Jay Gruden is there. He's a loss though. Produced some great linebackers in his time.

So out of all the offensive coordinators that could coach at Texas, we get Okie State's O-Line coach to be our offensive coordinator? I'm skeptical as ever about our offense....

Meier

Can you summarize that, please?

Pruitt apparently was a big fan of the Tallahassee night life and had multiple mistresses including a staffer in the FSU Athletics Department. His fiancee told him he had to leave town with her if he wanted to keep her (they're set to be married in a few months).

Other places have confirmed that Pruitt did not tell any of the players nor Jimbo in advance so there was some speculation as to what the reasoning was. Rick Ballou has VERY good sources (been a radio guy in Jax for a long time) so who knows.

andycapps

Pruitt apparently was a big fan of the Tallahassee night life and had multiple mistresses including a staffer in the FSU Athletics Department. His fiancee told him he had to leave town with her if he wanted to keep her (they're set to be married in a few months).

Other places have confirmed that Pruitt did not tell any of the players nor Jimbo in advance so there was some speculation as to what the reasoning was. Rick Ballou has VERY good sources (been a radio guy in Jax for a long time) so who knows.
If she was trying to get him away from pretty coeds, he went to the wrong program.

KingGondo

Banned
So out of all the offensive coordinators that could coach at Texas, we get Okie State's O-Line coach to be our offensive coordinator? I'm skeptical as ever about our offense....
Wickline is an awesome coach. He apparently called plays for us last year too, and our offense was no joke (especially considering the talent at QB).

Meier

If she was trying to get him away from pretty coeds, he went to the wrong program.

Haha, I said the same thing to my wife. Honestly, if there is any truth to it, he'll definitely be doing the same thing in Athens.

I'm curious if any of the Bama insiders can corroborate if there were issues while he was there too.

mre

Ahhh, sounds like why Lance Thompson was alleged to have left Alabama.

mre

Haha, I said the same thing to my wife. Honestly, if there is any truth to it, he'll definitely be doing the same thing in Athens.

I'm curious if any of the Bama insiders can corroborate if there were issues while he was there too.

I haven't heard anything and I think it would have come out by now, a year after he left.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

I'm no insider, but I'd have to say being a lowly position coach, and before that, he was just in the administration office. Neither comes with serious PoonClout©

A coordinator spot, making you #2 or #3 on the food chain, on a team that rapidly got national attention...

andycapps

There's not alot of college campuses where he can avoid that problem, Andy.

Probably the wrong Georgia one, anyway.

He'd probably be safe at WVU. Probably Kentucky. Arkansas.

This won't sit well with Richt if it's true. Not at all. Seems kind of sketchy but I'm no expert on the source. If he did that stuff, he needs to keep it in his pants and bang his 23 year old fiancé. We don't need any distractions.

Chris Wilson is apparently leaving for USC. So the defensive side of the ball will be totally different. I'm assuming he'll be looking to try to fill those with people from FSU and Bama, but who knows.

Lonestar

He'd probably be safe at WVU. Probably Kentucky. Arkansas.

This won't sit well with Richt if it's true. Not at all. Seems kind of sketchy but I'm no expert on the source. If he did that stuff, he needs to keep it in his pants and bang his 23 year old fiancé. We don't need any distractions.

Chris Wilson is apparently leaving for USC. So the defensive side of the ball will be totally different. I'm assuming he'll be looking to try to fill those with people from FSU and Bama, but who knows.

Well, we just hired a DLine coach, so unless he wants 3 jobs in 2 weeks...
Secondary seems to be the DC, leaving Kevin Steele and Lance Thompson (ILB and OLB) positions. Steele just turned down a DC job in Louisville, so maybe Thompson? He's left before, to Tennessee, and came back. But both guys are more recruiters than "coaching guys"

I've heard grumblings of Sal Sunseri going to join Pruitt, and hey, he coached Julius Peppers once!

Wickline is an awesome coach. He apparently called plays for us last year too, and our offense was no joke (especially considering the talent at QB).

Well that's somewhat comforting at least. Just so strange choosing an O-Line coach with no "official" OC experience to be our OC.

cdyhybrid

Asking here too, since I think I remember Lonestar talking about it:

Anyone here play Planetside 2? How is it? The first one seemed interesting when it first came out, but I never got around to playing it. Might give the second a whirl since it seems it's F2P.

Karakand

Anyone here play Planetside 2? How is it? The first one seemed interesting when it first came out, but I never got around to playing it. Might give the second a whirl since it seems it's F2P.

I haven't played it for a few months, but it was really fun if you could get in a good clan and were OK with fighting forever wars that were utterly pointless.

Limedust

Which one of our Louisville posters did this?

BeCtilHCIAAoV6E.jpg

andycapps

it was coming off a report from Andrew Bone (recruiting guy for one of the services, I think), where he updated by taking away the listed visit for Miller.

No clue then. The last I saw was that he was still trying to decide. I'd guess he's pretty firmly in Bama's camp though with a low possibility of signing with UGA.

Well, we just hired a DLine coach, so unless he wants 3 jobs in 2 weeks...
Secondary seems to be the DC, leaving Kevin Steele and Lance Thompson (ILB and OLB) positions. Steele just turned down a DC job in Louisville, so maybe Thompson? He's left before, to Tennessee, and came back. But both guys are more recruiters than "coaching guys"

I've heard grumblings of Sal Sunseri going to join Pruitt, and hey, he coached Julius Peppers once!

I could see Sunseri coming. I do think that they're going to put together a good staff and not pull anyone from the NFL this time. Coaching X's and O's is what those guys like to do, but they hate recruiting. The bad thing is the dead period ended today and we could have used those other coaches out on the road right now, but I guess they'll put some grad assistants out to hit the trails today.

Richt and Pruitt took the UGA plane to Orlando yesterday. Either a high profile recruit they both tag teamed on starting today or a coaching interview. Maybe we're bringing in George O'Leary! But really, if it's a coaching interview, probably their linebacker or db coach.

Lonestar

I really liked it, though I have barely played it the last few months. I blame football, new consoles, and I played it too much back then. I was in one of the larger clans, but it, like alot of other clans, have dwindled in size. Hopefully, the PS4 version will kick in some hype for the game.

Yeah, it's a forever war, but then again, War never changes.

Draxal

Has any player quit midseason, then tried to rejoin the team after the season? It actually might happen for Rutgers.

Next day decisions like Kenny Bell doesn't count in this.

:/ Indeed.

Unfortunately for Vandy fans (if any exist on here aside from Skiptastic), they're probably on their way right back to the cellar of the SEC.
:O! It feels so good to be known! :3

Something like $3.3 Billion in endowments, way over the rest of the SEC, minus A&M's cheating accounting, which counts everything in it's system of universities, putting it at $7.6 Billion.
I make my donations every year! And get my company to match, as well!

That's pretty scummy. I'm wondering how long it'll be before Vandy folks hate him, or if they will. He brought them up a level, but this is going to hurt them badly.
It hasn't taken long lol. One of my former roommates rarely goes on Twitter, but has been on there pretty regularly, voicing his anger and disgust at Franklin.

Double :/ with a side of >:|.

Sucks to be them I guess. Strive for worst coaches? Or just accept that their a middle tier program and when they get a good coach theyll have some ups and downs.
Given that you're apparently an OSU fan, it's nice to hear the view from your ivory tower. But it sucks when a coach gives you hope then runs off to coach at another school and hurts your program.

I still think Vanderbilt is better off having this run and will be better going forward, but speaking from the "middle tier", thanks for being a jerk. #salty

andycapps

:O! It feels so good to be known! :3

It hasn't taken long lol. One of my former roommates rarely goes on Twitter, but has been on there pretty regularly, voicing his anger and disgust at Franklin.

Haha it's easy to keep people in mind when there's only 1 or two of them, plus when they're from the Harvard of the South, they stick out more.

Aside from the money and being on the hot seat, it appears that one of the big reasons that Grantham may have gone to Louisville is because he can hire his brother to be on his staff there. Anti-nepotism laws at Georgia prevented that. He's expected to announce his brother as part of his staff.

Nevermind, it's official. He and his brother are both on the defensive staff at Louisville.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom