• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

outkickthecoverage is reporting something bad about bama? Shocking. What's next an article about how butch Jones should win 9 games next year and then when he doesn't articles about how he should be fired?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Stanford's DC is going to be the next Vandy Coach.

Maybe he can go get their recruits back from JF.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
outkickthecoverage is reporting something bad about bama? Shocking. What's next an article about how butch Jones should win 9 games next year and then when he doesn't articles about how he should be fired?
It's nice that we can bond over our mutual dislike for Clay Travis.

jjasper

Seems like a good hire for Vandy. Been around a school with academic restrictions (that don't exist at Vandy but whatever) and Stanford's had a good defense even after Harbaugh left.

It's nice that we can bond over our mutual dislike for Clay Travis.
I was kind of interested in FoxSports1 but soon as I heard he was hired for it it told me all I needed to know about it.

Lonestar

I was kind of interested in FoxSports1 but soon as I heard he was hired for it it told me all I needed to know about it.

It's a sign, when their "Gameday" counter-programming gets less than 100,000 viewers in the ratings.

Seriously, no one knows exactly where the gear came from, if any of it's authentic, if he got it signed at fan day, if he bought it from people who got it signed at fan day (or any other day). We do know former players do signing events there, and pictures of current players being in the main mall of Tuscaloosa were taken.

So, I guess they can ban players from going to the main mall in town (no Sbarro or Auntie Anne's Pretzels :( :( ), or from signing their name on ANYTHING. Or just ban them from writing all together (not like they do any writing in class ;P ) Just slap boxes on their hands outside of games and practice, so they can never use their hands again.

Lonestar

total_original.jpg

Where Football Players are coming from (down to counties, and holy shit does California not care about County size.

PC_original.jpg

Where they are coming from, on a per capita basis.

So, looks like a nice hotbed in lower AL (Mobile) and through the gulf coast into Louisiana. No wonder Alabama and LSU are in constant battle for players in this region.

All from that bastion of sports websites, BleacherReport!

It's true, the way he avoids having the same issue is he just doesn't punish anyone. I guess it's the offseason again so I should repost the drug policies at each school. These are the official policies, some places like Florida, USCe, and Auburn are known to turn a blind eye (Michael Dyer, Janoris Jenkins, Percy Harvin, CFB GAF's favorite player ever Stephen Garcia, etc)

For the record, our star player (Sammy Watkins) got busted for weed two years ago and got a two game suspension. It was his first offense. I think a lot of times it comes down to the coach. Coaches like Spurrier and Meyer just don't really give a shit.

andycapps

For the record, our star player (Sammy Watkins) got busted for weed two years ago and got a two game suspension. It was his first offense. I think a lot of times it comes down to the coach. Coaches like Spurrier and Meyer just don't really give a shit.

Oh come on! tOSU made him agree to something to the effect that he'd be tougher on players. And because he agreed to it, that totally means he'll actually do it.

That is true, people can take a harder tact than the official policy. More often than not at the programs I mentioned, they just don't report that the player had any issues so then of course there are never any suspensions. Muschamp does seem to be tougher on it that Meyer was, but that's not saying much.

Draxal

Where Football Players are coming from (down to counties, and holy shit does California not care about County size.
All from that bastion of sports websites, BleacherReport!

I like how you can fit 50 counties from the Northeast into San Bernadino; from Wiki.

San Bernardino County, officially the County of San Bernardino, is a county located in the southern portion of the U.S. state of California. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, the population was 2,035,210, up from 1,709,434 in the 2000 census. With an area of 20,105 square miles, San Bernardino County is the largest county in the United States by area. It is larger than each of the nine smallest states, larger than the four smallest states combined, and larger than 71 different sovereign nations. The Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area in Alaska is larger than San Bernadino County, but it is part of Alaska's unorganized borough and thus not a county

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/november/twitter-wars-richard-deitsch-vs-clay-travis.html

Was an ongoing tweet war between Clay and a guy at SI.com, that started when the SI guy tweeted:

tvcom.jpg

Meier

http://blog.modeanalytics.com/where-football-players-call-home/

Here's the webpage for the interactive map of the same thing I posted below.

http://i.imgur.com/1JvxVkv.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Very interesting. We basically only offer non-FL kids if they're blue chips, but I'm surprised that we're THAT Florida-based. Kind of funny to see we have 1 (!) kid from Leon County. I know we have a few recruits from there coming in this year though.

impirius

Garcia had a bunch of alcohol-related issues, therefore Spurrier turns a blind eye to the school's drug policy. Got it!

andycapps

Garcia had a bunch of alcohol-related issues, therefore Spurrier turns a blind eye to the school's drug policy. Got it!

His 5 suspensions were not related to "drugs" but he was frequently suspended, and then unsuspended when Spurrier needed him again. As soon as Spurrier got another option, then he finally got kicked off the team. And that dismissal was for marijuana and alcohol. I'm sure that he'd just taken up marijuana that last time and that he hadn't been partaking for the other suspensions.

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah I knew about Nova, but somehow not Georgetown. Wasn't Nova considered by the ACC for an invite a couple years ago?

I think they were a bigger stadium away from joining the Big East for awhile, with half the members trying to force the other to deal with it. I wonder if that would of been another Umass scenario. They have a 22-14 win over Akron and a 17-10 win over Miami Oh since coming up.

andycapps

Meier, I know you were just reporting what that Rick Ballou was saying yesterday, but FSU's senior associate AD, Monk Bonasorte (great name) got on a radio show down there and ripped Ballou a new one. Senator Blutarsky relayed the info. I guess you couldn't say he ripped him a new one, he just said there was nothing to it and that it was really affecting peoples' lives having these kinds of rumors perpetuated and given legitimacy by Ballou repeating them. At 15:00 the Monk guy finally says that the rumors have no legitimacy. Seems like most of the time he was cowering before Rick Ballou and worried he'd offend him. Rick Ballou is convinced that something had to be amiss because of Pruitt leaving in the middle of the night like Petrino did for a lesser program. That's his opinion anyway. Nobody has any proof anything happened but it seems like Ballou is going with this story because in his mind it's the only logical explanation of why Pruitt would leave.

Man, this Rick Ballou has an annoying voice.

impirius

His 5 suspensions were not related to "drugs" but he was frequently suspended, and then unsuspended when Spurrier needed him again. As soon as Spurrier got another option, then he finally got kicked off the team. And that dismissal was for marijuana and alcohol. I'm sure that he'd just taken up marijuana that last time and that he hadn't been partaking for the other suspensions.
Putting aside the fact that every report other than Chris Low's said it was only alcohol... why are you assuming the other suspensions were drug-related? That's just kind of a weird thing to throw out there.

andycapps

Putting aside the fact that every report other than Chris Low's said it was only alcohol... why are you assuming the other suspensions were drug-related? That's just kind of a weird thing to throw out there.

Just assuming based on the last suspension that resulted in dismissal. And I'm assuming that like most college athletes, he's smoking weed.

Meier

Meier, I know you were just reporting what that Rick Ballou was saying yesterday, but FSU's senior associate AD, Monk Bonasorte (great name) got on a radio show down there and ripped Ballou a new one. Senator Blutarsky relayed the info. I guess you couldn't say he ripped him a new one, he just said there was nothing to it and that it was really affecting peoples' lives having these kinds of rumors perpetuated and given legitimacy by Ballou repeating them. At 15:00 the Monk guy finally says that the rumors have no legitimacy. Seems like most of the time he was cowering before Rick Ballou and worried he'd offend him. Rick Ballou is convinced that something had to be amiss because of Pruitt leaving in the middle of the night like Petrino did for a lesser program. That's his opinion anyway. Nobody has any proof anything happened but it seems like Ballou is going with this story because in his mind it's the only logical explanation of why Pruitt would leave.

Man, this Rick Ballou has an annoying voice.

Yeah, I posted the tweets from 1010XL with the quotes from Monk. Lots of sportswriters from Tally were curious about whether Monk did this on his own or with the blessing of the athletics department or what. Tomahawk Nation felt like him going on there gave the initial rumors legitimacy even if Monk denied them. He did confirm that Pruitt had a relationship with a girl in the athletics department, but said it wasn't the one who people had identified.

Who knows. I'm more inclined to believe it to be honest, because of the way he cut and run without even so much as informing a single player. I don't believe Pruitt was awed when he heard Richt talk a decade ago and was dying to coach under him since. Whatever the case may be though, I'm glad he can still terrorize the Gators.

Nah, Villanova football was Marinatto's brilliant plan to save the Big East as a football conference.

Nah, it was led by the presidents. Especially the BB presidents and just enough of the football schools.

USF wanted to keep a team like UCF out and fought hard for it and of course the Catholic schools were wary of adding more football teams. Nova became their brilliant plan to "solve" the issue.

Remember, decisions are ultimately made by the presidents. Not the commissioner.

andycapps

Who pissed in Andy's cornflakes this morning?

Boneheaded decisions by players to smoke weed even when they know the penalties when they get caught. At least I didn't have a 10 page diatribe like a certain Texas Tech poster. :p

Yeah, I posted the tweets from 1010XL with the quotes from Monk. Lots of sportswriters from Tally were curious about whether Monk did this on his own or with the blessing of the athletics department or what. Tomahawk Nation felt like him going on there gave the initial rumors legitimacy even if Monk denied them. He did confirm that Pruitt had a relationship with a girl in the athletics department, but said it wasn't the one who people had identified.

Who knows. I'm more inclined to believe it to be honest, because of the way he cut and run without even so much as informing a single player. I don't believe Pruitt was awed when he heard Richt talk a decade ago and was dying to coach under him since. Whatever the case may be though, I'm glad he can still terrorize the Gators.

I thought the one that he confirmed the relationship was with ended up becoming his fiance'? Grantham cut and run too, the difference here was the quality of the coaches. I would say that a real cut and run to me is to bail during a losing season like Petrino did, but I can see how people would be upset and looking for explanations when a good coach leaves all of a sudden.

And yes, I'm glad he can still terrorize the Gators. Muschamp is still there so we should be good.

Seems like a good hire for Vandy. Been around a school with academic restrictions (that don't exist at Vandy but whatever) and Stanford's had a good defense even after Harbaugh left.

Could also be a pretty big hit for the Cardinal and their ability to continue to contend in the Pac 12. Definitely a good get for Vandy though.

Lonestar

Interesting that New York is up there with Los Angeles, South Florida and Houston. Hasn't the narrative been that the North East produces little to no talent?

It's probably more about per capita. For the amount of people up there, there should be more players. Plus, most of the players are around NYC. Rest of the state is pretty barren.

I have no idea if he was ever busted for it (probably not), but there's no way a guy that parties like Garcia doesn't enjoy the wacky tobacky. Actually, cocaine probably fits better here.

jakncoke

Banned
On Wednesday, former football player Michael McAdoo told The N&O that he was in four no-show classes. He said the tutoring program steered him to those classes, including the one that led to a criminal fraud charge against Julius Nyang’oro, the former African studies department chairman. That class was full of football players.

:me

Draxal

Interesting that New York is up there with Los Angeles, South Florida and Houston. Hasn't the narrative been that the North East produces little to no talent?

South Florida produces a shit ton from Miami-Dade/Broward. This chart does also include FCS teams as well, so the chart is actually does favor states like New York more then BCS states.

The biggest thing about college recruiting is that it's still very hit or miss, and there are high school students who always bloom later.

Also, you always want to recruit from schools that play good competition and that's NY biggest problem, they might have one good school with 3 FBS players, but they won't play against any other team with FBS, and that's what makes the top tier Florida and Texas teams so heavily recruited.

Draxal

I was kinda hoping for the big split.

Only way for Rutgers to get into the postseason basketball tournament

This is actually really really good for g5ers, you really wanted a compromise and not a full split.
Well yeah but this is pretty much another division.

Like FBS and FCS. That's not the game UCF has been striving towards. More infuriating because there are a number of schools in this new P5 that have done jack shit for years and years other than exist and basically collect a conference welfare check.

Lonestar

Tim Watts ‏@TimWatts_BOL 9m
Sources confirmed by @RyanBartow and
@BamaOnline247 state Alvin Kamara has been given his release by Alabama can go anywhere outside the SEC

Bout time, after hearing some rumblings about what he did during a recruitment visit weekend.

Guess I also missed a FapGifBan somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom