• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
U guys going to flip any guys from PSU.

Havent heard a ton, although Jashon Cornell said a big reason he came was for Larry Johnson, so I guess we flipped him by flipping Coach Johnson?

damien harris the #1 rb and former michigan recruit is friends with both of these guys, so now theyre saying hes a lean towards us as well.

KingGondo

Banned
New uniforms for Oklahoma this coming season.

w620-5b12220a005c51c8f9a73e0eaeb4f6bc.jpg
They have wood grain on the helmets, because... tradition, or something. It's worth noting that Oklahoma is known for its vast forests of proud oak trees.

mre said:
Congrats, Gondo.
Thanks! It's amazing we can recruit anyone without a wood grain pattern on our helmets.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Bert PM'd me and said he needed a break from gaf, said he may be back around CFB season.

You should recommend to him to just not post anywhere but here. Life has been better since I stopped posting in any threads outside of CFB-GAF threads. I waver a bit on how much I look at other threads but not actually posting anything makes everything much more bearable.

Too much arguing just for the sake of arguing outside of these walls. Misunderstanding other posters, having other posters misunderstand you, continuing to argue points and semantics you don't really care about or believe in, etc. just gets tiring, especially when you know you shouldn't be doing it or you're just being trolled but for whatever reason doing it anyway.

You should recommend to him to just not post anywhere but here. Life has been better since I stopped posting in any threads outside of CFB-GAF threads. I waver a bit on how much I look at other threads but not actually posting anything makes everything much more bearable.

Too much arguing just for the sake of arguing outside of these walls. Misunderstanding other posters, having other posters misunderstand you, continuing to argue points and semantics you don't really care about or believe in, etc. just gets tiring, especially when you know you shouldn't be doing it or you're just being trolled but for whatever reason doing it anyway.

I've felt this way for a while as well. Glad it's not just me.

AntoneM

Been with GAF in one form or another since 1999. The trick is to never ever post about games and only occasionally post about things other than college football.

What I told him, if you look at my post history probably 90% of them are in these threads.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I was banned recently in OT. Nothing is safe.

How could it be. Look at the minefield that the "transphobic old man song" became. I can't post in a thread like that knowing my viewpoint will be mocked and ridiculed to the point where I'm sure I must be related to Hitler somehow.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Been with GAF in one form or another since 1999. The trick is to never ever post about games and only occasionally post about things other than college football.

ibwgrjt8mCJ71D.gif

I will post on game topics, but usually in the finished games/community topics, about "how to do this or that" "This part was fun" and if multiplayer "which server/what time/etc"
I will post during TV shows I'm watching.
Basically, do not post any opinions. There will be someone to oppose it, and sooner or later, out come the police.

AntoneM

ibwgrjt8mCJ71D.gif

I will post on game topics, but usually in the finished games/community topics, about "how to do this or that" "This part was fun" and if multiplayer "which server/what time/etc"
I will post during TV shows I'm watching.
Basically, do not post any opinions. There will be someone to oppose it, and sooner or later, out come the police.

and, the drinking, I forgot to mention heavy drinking.

Limedust

Somebody posted this in an Arkansas football thread on another board... and it's disturbing enough to share here. Your welcome:

playing-with-a-pigs-mouth.gif

KingGondo

Banned
DGB is meeting with Oklahoma coaches today.....

One problem is this is a recruiting dead period, which means its illegal to meet, this also includes transfers.

Ruh Roh

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...report-dorial-green-beckham-visiting-oklahoma
OU fans already predicting a MNC this season (I realize DGB would have to sit out until 2015).

Apparently all that happened last season before the last three games has completely faded from memory.

The scary thing is that their schedule is incredibly advantageous this season. It would fucking suck to live here if OU won another MNC. Ugh.

They can talk when they get a qb

Trevor Knight plays 2 good games out of 13 and everyone in Norman is going bonkers. He was pulled during the Texas game in favor of the Bell Dozer because he was sucking so bad. He'll have good games this year, just like he did last year, but no way does he play as consistently as he did against Alabama all year long. no way.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Trevor Knight plays 2 good games out of 13 and everyone in Norman is going bonkers. He was pulled during the Texas game in favor of the Bell Dozer because he was sucking so bad. He'll have good games this year, just like he did last year, but no way does he play as consistently as he did against Alabama all year long. no way.
It's also worth pointing out that our cornerbacks suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked last year.

Football School

Duke football can no longer be overlooked on the football field.

Or on the recruiting trail.

The Blue Devils have capitalized on their Coastal Division championship with an impressive commitment list for the class of 2015 so far. The latest coup? ESPN 300 tight end Tyler Petite chose Duke over USC on Wednesday.

Well, when you lose Lane Kiffin, you have to expect these things. But wait, there's more.

Petite is now the second ESPN 300 commitment the Blue Devils have secured. Duke has never signed more than one ESPN 300 player in any given class.

Perhaps most impressive of all? Duke is getting pledges from players who are spurning more prestigious football programs. Not only did Petite pick Duke over USC; ESPN 300 receiver Keyston Fuller chose the Blue Devils over offers from Auburn, Clemson and hometown Georgia to name three.

Just last month, Duke also picked up a commitment from three-star offensive lineman Reno Rosene, who had offers from Notre Dame, Nebraska and Wisconsin.

Duke has worked the California recruiting trail hard under David Cutcliffe, but the Blue Devils also have reaped the benefits of staying closer to home, too.

As ESPN Recruiting Nation reporter Jeremy Crabtree points out, Duke has made particular headway inside the state of Georgia for this class, with six commitments to date. He writes:

Keep an eye on three-star receiver T.J. Rahming's stock, too. He has a big upside and could shoot up the rankings with a solid senior season. One ACC coach called him “the biggest sleeper in the state of Georgia.”​

Cutcliffe has never had a class finish in the top 50 of the ESPN recruiting rankings, but he has been reaping the rewards of his team's on-field success. Back in February, the Blue Devils signed four four-star players -- including one in the ESPN 300 -- the best group of talent they have signed to date.

That earned the Blue Devils a No. 51 ranking from ESPN, its highest ever. Now consider: Duke has made back-to-back bowl games and its first ACC championship game without top-rated recruiting classes.

What will Cutcliffe be able to do with all the talent he is now assembling?

Duke all up in Georgia's backyard. Eat that, andycapps!

2 ESPN 300 recruits. Probably 20 less than Georgia is getting.

Draxal

Football School

Well, when you lose Lane Kiffin, you have to expect these things. But wait, there's more.

Duke all up in Georgia's backyard. Eat that, andycapps!

2 ESPN 300 recruits. Probably 20 less than Georgia is getting.

They had 5 wrs in there class, and a sixth wr tried to commit to them and got rejected, as they thought he wasn't going there in the first place otherwise they wouldn't have accepted previous commits and accepted his. They're killing it even beyond the coaching's staffs projections.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Landon Collin's mom put a Geaux Tiger curse on him.

Also, ESPN needs to update your roster because right now Alabama is an all Senior team
lol
Our safeties were fantastic. HaHa Clinton-Dix, Vinnie Sunseri, and Landon Collins are all top notch players. Our cornerbacks just utterly sucked ass and were inconsistent throughout the entire season.

Edit: apparently we're going to be fantastic this year, but will have 25 scholarship freshmen and walkons in 2015.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Right now Duke has had a couple of big misses on the OL, and they'd like another LB. Everything else is way above expectations.

We're going to fuck it up this season....I just have a bad feeling.

Maybe not. The Lehigh and Mercer losses can't be for nothing

I don't know if anyone remembers him, but David Sills the one time 13 year old QB prodigy recruited by Lane Kiffin has officially decommitted from USC. Apparently he hasn't progressed all that much and was only considered the 14th best pocket passer in his class.

I don't know if anyone remembers him, but David Sills the one time 13 year old QB prodigy recruited by Lane Kiffin has officially decommitted from USC. Apparently he hasn't progressed all that much and was only considered the 14th best pocket passer in his class.
Then why did he decommit? Doubt he'll be able to get into a better program.

Then why did he decommit? Doubt he'll be able to get into a better program.

Because USC got Ricky Town and Sills thinks he can go somewhere else and actually play?

I mean yes he just decommitted and cost him self a free ride at a pretty decent school, but I guess if people have been anointing you since you were a pre-teen wouldn't you want to go somewhere and actually play?

KingGondo

Banned
OU made the signing of DGB official.

Everyone's acting like they won the national championship.

God, I hate living in this state sometimes.

Because USC got Ricky Town and Sills thinks he can go somewhere else and actually play?

I mean yes he just decommitted and cost him self a free ride at a pretty decent school, but I guess if people have been anointing you since you were a pre-teen wouldn't you want to go somewhere and actually play?
And be put at risk for getting numerous debilitating concussions? He'll no! I'de gladly ride the bench safely while getting a full ride at a highly regarded academic institution.

Draxal

OU fans already predicting a MNC this season (I realize DGB would have to sit out until 2015).

Apparently all that happened last season before the last three games has completely faded from memory.

The scary thing is that their schedule is incredibly advantageous this season. It would fucking suck to live here if OU won another MNC. Ugh.

He has to sit out for a year, I assume?

Yessir.

Hey Gondo you remember Charles Sims? He's now at his 3rd school in as many seasons, and will be playing on national TV August 27th. I'm pretty sure he graduated highschool 5 years ago, but because of redshirt + 2 years of transfering sit outs, he'll be just a Junior this season for ACU

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

The bowl win over an SEC team actually counts as 10 wins, though.

Hey Gondo you remember Charles Sims? He's now at his 3rd school in as many seasons, and will be playing on national TV August 27th. I'm pretty sure he graduated highschool 5 years ago, but because of redshirt + 2 years of transfering sit outs, he'll be just a Junior this season for ACU

Assuming you mean Herschel Sims, he was a 2011 graduate from high school.

The bowl win over an SEC team actually counts as 10 wins, though.

Assuming you mean Herschel Sims, he was a 2011 graduate from high school.

Yeah Herschel Sims. Charles Sims was the UH transfer that went to WVU. No relation I'm assuming

edit: Oh God was he always that chubby? I don't recall him looking that size when he was a 5* recruit as an RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom