• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntoneM

Do you all think it's possible that the B1G and ACC canibalize themselves and we end up with a 2v2 of SEC and Pac 12

Stanford beats Oregon (ore vice versa) and then the undefeated team wins the Pac 12 championship such that there is a 13-0 and 11-1 team in the Pac 12.

Alabama beats LSU or vice versa and the same scenario as above.

Michigan State (who lost to Oregon) takes out Ohio State and Michigan wins that rivalry game against them too leaving OSU with 2 losses. MSU also loses to Nebraska. Michigan loses to at least MSU and Penn State knocking them out. Iowa takes out Wisconsin and Wiscy takes out Nebraska. Wiscy loses to MSU in the conf. champ game. etc. etc. no teams gets out of the B1G without 2 or more losses.

since I'm getting lazy how about the same thing happens to the ACC because some fluke miracle stops FSU from an undefeated season.

Big 12 has Oklahoma lose to it's rivals (Texas and OSU) but its rivals lose 2 or more games too and no one else is left, really.

AAC has an undefeated team but no one cares.

Do you think this would lead to expansion of the playoff?

PS:this is a tequila idea.

Do you all think it's possible that the B1G and ACC canibalize themselves and we end up with a 2v2 of SEC and Pac 12

Stanford beats Oregon (ore vice versa) and then the undefeated team wins the Pac 12 championship such that there is a 13-0 and 11-1 team in the Pac 12.

Alabama beats LSU or vice versa and the same scenario as above.

Michigan State (who lost to Oregon) takes out Ohio State and Michigan wins that rivalry game against them too leaving OSU with 2 losses. MSU also loses to Nebraska. Michigan loses to at least MSU and Penn State knocking them out. Iowa takes out Wisconsin and Wiscy takes out Nebraska. Wiscy loses to MSU in the conf. champ game. etc. etc. no teams gets out of the B1G without 2 or more losses.

since I'm getting lazy how about the same thing happens to the ACC because some fluke miracle stops FSU from an undefeated season.

Big 12 has Oklahoma lose to it's rivals (Texas and OSU) but its rivals lose 2 or more games too and no one else is left, really.

AAC has an undefeated team but no one cares.

Do you think this would lead to expansion of the playoff?

PS:this is a tequila idea.

Here's a mockup. I think it was from Finebaum but i'm not sure
College-Football-Playoff.jpeg

Obviously, this wasn't a serious attempt at predicting the first year of CFB playoffs. Given almost half of the selection committee has Notre Dame ties, one of those spots will go to the Domers + 3 SEC teams of course

andycapps

North Carolina

But maybe that's just college basketball.
He changes allegiances so much I can't keep up. ;)

2016 5 star OT, Ben Cleveland, just committed to UGA. If this kid sticks, that is our best OL recruit in years. The kid is a monster. He was dominating guys at Dawg Night last night.

I'm hoping we get 2016 QB, Jacob Eason. Kid is the most talented prospect we've gone after since Stafford. Just a cannon of an arm and he has two more seasons to play.

Edit: and oh shit, Eason just committed to UGA too. 5 star and top pro style pick for 2016. Guess he and Cleveland were talking last night and looking at what the QB depth chart would be like then.

The Eason commitment followed visits to Bama and FSU in the last two days.

cdyhybrid

He changes allegiances so much I can't keep up. ;)

2016 5 star OT, Ben Cleveland, just committed to UGA. If this kid sticks, that is our best OL recruit in years. The kid is a monster. He was dominating guys at Dawg Night last night.

I'm hoping we get 2016 QB, Jacob Eason. Kid is the most talented prospect we've gone after since Stafford. Just a cannon of an arm and he has two more seasons to play.

Edit: and oh shit, Eason just committed to UGA too. 5 star and top pro style pick for 2016. Guess he and Cleveland were talking last night and looking at what the QB depth chart would be like then.

The Eason commitment followed visits to Bama and FSU in the last two days.

UW Scout board melting down because we didn't get him.

We only have four 4* QBs on the roster without him, what are we supposed to do now? :(

andycapps

UW Scout board melting down because we didn't get him.

We only have four 4* QBs on the roster without him, what are we supposed to do now? :(
UGA boards are melting down because we did. Thankfully there's a lot of talent for next year. Really next year is probably Brice Ramsey's time to shine and try to make it hard for Eason to take over on 2016.

The problem is that when kids are as good as Eason, there's almost no way that they'd redshirt him. He'll be gone in 3 years no matter what team he goes to. Kid has the talent to play right now, but he needs to put on about 20 pounds, at least.

Jhriad

Is there an official one? I usually just do a search and end up at this post from two years ago (or another one from that thread) if I'm curious about somebody's affiliation.

I thought someone had a more up to date spreadsheet but I don't remember who.

The AD is hilarious.

"Students aren't coming in on time. Let's not let them sit together."

"Wait, they aren't showing up at all now. Maybe it's a fluke!"

Someone actually did this?

jakncoke

Banned
Just watched a condensed version of Penn St destruction of Texas in the 1997 Fiesta Bowl, that was satisfying . If only I and the current Longhorn fans on neogaf were on gaming-age back in the day for the cherry on the top

andycapps

Zach Mettenberger was sucker punched at a bar in Nashville.

Titans rookie quarterback Zach Mettenberger was the victim of a sucker punch during an incident over the weekend at a popular Nashville nightspot, according to its owner.

Steve Ford, owner of Losers Most Wanted Bar & Grill on Division Street, said Mettenberger did nothing to provoke another bar patron, but the 6-foot-5, 224-pound quarterback ended up getting punched in the face. He did not require medical attention.

"Here's the truth: The guy said something about 'Roll Tide!' to Zach, and Zach turned around and said 'Good luck with that,' " Ford said on Monday. "And the guy's buddy then sucker-punched Zach.

:jnc

Just watched a condensed version of Penn St destruction of Texas in the 1997 Fiesta Bowl, that was satisfying . If only I and the current Longhorn fans on neogaf were on gaming-age back in the day for the cherry on the top

Speaking of which, has BTN replayed last year's OSU/PSU game lately?

I've been dying for a rewatch of that.

cashman

Banned
Sucks about that Trey guy, I remember he was committed to Texas at one point.

On a lighter note I paused that Big XII coaches video at random points and got this Charlie Strong x Mike Gundy fusion!

TSGHFOX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom