• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not kicked off the team yet? That's strange.

Yeah they should be kicked off the team.

Montrel Meander’s attorney, Dallas-based Rickey Jones, has not returned phone calls from the Statesman.
According to court documents obtained by the American-Statesman, UT police officers found the victim under a desk crying. She was barefoot and had disheveled hair.
The alleged victim told police she came back from Sixth Street and agreed to engage consensual sex with Menader, according to court documents. Then, Sanders knocked on the door and was allowed in by Meander.
Sanders began taking off his clothes while Meander went into the bathroom, and the alleged victim said she did not want to have sex with him, the court documents state. Sanders got in bed anyway and forced himself on the alleged victim.
“Sanders told the victim she would like it and that it is going to feel good,” the affidavit states. The documents go into graphic detail how Sanders had sex with the alleged victim, which included vaginal and anal intercouse.

yes means yes
no means no
no followed by yes means yes
yes followed by no means no

That latter occurred, but he had sex with her anyway. Kick him off

andycapps

Yeah they should be kicked off the team.

yes means yes
no means no
no followed by yes means yes
yes followed by no means no

That latter occurred, but he had sex with her anyway. Kick him off

Right. I read all that and I saw they were suspended indefinitely. That's a poor decision, kick them off the team. They have no business being in the program, even if it's a suspended state.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
If any of you guys want to try it, I still have a few codes.

Voucher Code for PS4: B36M-67NB-MNQ4
Voucher Code for PS3: AP3R-CPN7-2AMD
I'd take the PS4 code, but I just got a 360 yesterday as a birthday present, and I fear the ill looks from my wife if I don't continue to figure out how to "Halo" as the kids are want to say these days.

I wish I were surprised, but I'm really not.

I've heard rumors about weird shit going on in TBDBITL for ages, and marching bands in general seem to have pretty serious issues with hazing.

I had some friends in band in high school, they always told me the weird shit that happened there. Just thought that was weird band culture.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Runs until midnight PT on Sunday:

It's only through the 27th. If you play after a certain time on the 26th, you'll get some kind of goodie that carries over.
Sweet! Then I'll take one of those invites. Gracias.

Also, this is only tangentially related to college football, but I'll take it:
PznVU9z.jpg

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Do any of y'all read any pre-season books?

I got the SN one, but it's pretty/very awful.

Like it just lists returning players and says the team needs to really shore up it's positions it sucks at and needs new player x to step up big time for like 200 pages.

Like it just lists returning players and says the team needs to really shore up it's positions it sucks at and needs new player x to step up big time for like 200 pages.

I got Dave Campbells Texas football. Its the only preseason football mag I buy once a year. Of course, if you're a fan of any team outside the state of Texas, its not a good investment.

StoOgE

I got Dave Campbells Texas football. Its the only preseason football mag I buy once a year. Of course, if you're a fan of any team outside the state of Texas, its not a good investment.

Yeah, but I know about them.

I'm trying to figure out which Big 10 team is gonna choke this year after having expectations like they do something other than run up the middle for 60 plays a game.

andycapps

Yeah i looked more into that, its only a stupid emblem.

Also now i cant decide what my next console is, xb1 or ps4. haaaaaaalp

I'd go PS4. They're both the same price now but the PS4 is more powerful. Seems like a no brainer to me. I don't have time for both. Plus, for me, all of Naughty Dogs games being on PS platforms made my decision for me.

Looks like tOSU just had to fire their band director due to a bunch of allegations from a parent talking about some sexual harassment issues.

Yeah, but I know about them.

I'm trying to figure out which Big 10 team is gonna choke this year after having expectations like they do something other than run up the middle for 60 plays a game.

Iowa has larger than normal expectations, but substitute run up the middle for bubble screens in that case.

I respect Michael Drake a lot for axing Waters, considering it's the first really big decision he's made as OSU president and is bound to piss off quite a few vocal idiots.

andycapps

I respect Michael Drake a lot for axing Waters, considering it's the first really big decision he's made as OSU president and is bound to piss off quite a few vocal idiots.

Yeah, seems like a common sense decision to fire him. They'll promote an assistant to interim and the band will be fine. Clearly they need to have a culture change there, some of that shit was pretty bad. I get hazing, there were multiple lines crossed in those allegations.

StoOgE

Also,

glad to see those two monsters won't be on our team any longer.

thoughts to the victim. No words at all.

Draxal

I think Phil Steele's has the best reputation, but I think all cfb preview books are pretty dreadful, just too much shit to cover with not enough resources to do so.

For the BIG, this year it has to be Sparty and the fighting Maurice Claretts.

Reading this stuff, it sounds like the easiest firing ever.

When asked to estimate how many current nicknames are sexual or offensive, Waters responded that
“fifty percent” probably were “questionable.” When asked whether he thought such sexual
nicknames are appropriate, Waters answered, “No.” When asked why he then tolerates such sexual
nicknames, Waters replied, “Good point.”
:jnc

A female student sitting on laps and pretending to orgasm. This included her sitting on her younger brother’s lap and pretending to orgasm on “make the Band night.” Her nickname was “Squirt.”
uhhh....

During his second interview on July 1, Waters said he would provide a list of efforts he has made to address the Band’s culture. We subsequently emailed him on July 3 to remind him that such a list would be helpful in this investigation. On July 11, Waters stated that his computer malfunctioned and the list that he was preparing was lost.
It truly is incredible how rampant data loss is in these kinds of situations.

WVKd2uV.png

where to begin...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Not often. They're mostly good for daydreaming about how good you think your team is going to be.

"Woohoo, We're on 4 different Top-10 position rankings, and LSU is only on 2!"

That sort of thing.

Sounds like the Waters firing is about to turn ugly.

Waters' attorney is claiming the university told him last week that he could keep his job provided he adopted a strict zero-tolerance policy, and then reneged on it and fired him.

Sounds like he might sue for wrongful termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom