• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Sounds like the Waters firing is about to turn ugly.

Waters' attorney is claiming the university told him last week that he could keep his job provided he adopted a strict zero-tolerance policy, and then reneged on it and fired him.

Sounds like he might sue for wrongful termination.

They need him to go away, he'll probably get a settlement out of this. Nobody wants the bad publicity.

Meet.... Dun dun dun Luigi Saban

You can take Saban out of Miami...

Ifc5v7g.gif

So apparently our running back Joe Bergeron has been dismissed from the team. For RB's that have any letters, we're down to just Jonathan Gray, and Malcolm Brown at that position and both have been highly injury prone over the past couple of years. And theres a rumor that a safety is about to be dismissed from the team as well. Charlie Strong is dismissing our roster right now, but I guess its better in the long run to cut the fat asap even if those players would contribute this year.

edit: rumor "ChipBrownHD: Sources tell @HornsDigest senior S Josh Turner, senior LB Kendall Thompson also have been dismissed at #Texas.($) http://t.co/U6iaMW2KOU"

Those 2 guys both had 3 letters. I won't post anymore rumors until these are done deals, but it looks like today may be a bloodbath for the Texas football roster.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
So apparently our running back Joe Bergeron has been dismissed from the team. For RB's that have any letters, we're down to just Jonathan Gray, and Malcolm Brown at that position and both have been highly injury prone over the past couple of years. And theres a rumor that a safety is about to be dismissed from the team as well. Charlie Strong is dismissing our roster right now, but I guess its better in the long run to cut the fat asap even if those players would contribute this year.

edit: rumor "ChipBrownHD: Sources tell @HornsDigest senior S Josh Turner, senior LB Kendall Thompson also have been dismissed at #Texas.($) http://t.co/U6iaMW2KOU"

Those 2 guys both had 3 letters. I won't post anymore rumors until these are done deals, but it looks like today may be a bloodbath for the Texas football roster.

Add in Chevosky Collins and Jalen Overstreet from yesterday and that's 5 guys dismissed in just two days, even not counting the sexual assault pair which would bring it up to 7.

Add in Chevosky Collins and Jalen Overstreet from yesterday and that's 5 guys dismissed in just two days, even not counting the sexual assault pair which would bring it up to 7.

My biggest fear is after all of the purging is complete, our squad will resemble the SMU team just after the death penalty. Could be a great opportunity to see some hungry guys on the practice squad move up to playing Saturdays. I'd love to see practice squad guys like Johnny Tseng busting his ass on Saturdays.

image_handler.aspx

Yes I'm exaggerating about the SMU post death penalty comment

cashman

Banned
It's kinda amazing that Daje Johnson has survived the onslaught so far. He's been suspended for at least a game in his first two seasons here and supposedly he was one of the troublemakers that Strong had his eye on when he first got here.

Draxal

It's kinda amazing that Daje Johnson has survived the onslaught so far. He's been suspended for at least a game in his first two seasons here and supposedly he was one of the troublemakers that Strong had his eye on when he first got here.

Did Mack Brown really run that loose of a ship? Its really kinda surreal seeing your school go through a pattern like this.

2014 Texas Purge

Chet Moss
Leroy Scott
Montrel Meander
Kendall Sanders

Joe Bergeron
Josh Turner
Jalen Overstreet
Chevoski Collins
Kendall Thompson (medical issues)

The first four are the only ones officially gone, the others are heavily rumored to be gone but it seems to be a formality and we are just awaiting official announcement.

cdyhybrid

No clue how Cowherd is even popular. It's basically "Old Man Yells at Cloud: The Show."

Old men yelling at clouds make up approximately 67% of every major college's football fanbase.

WHY DON'T PEOPLE SIT DOWN SO I CAN WATCH THE GAME?

NEW UNIFORMS? I REMEMBER WHEN WE HAD TO WEAR LEATHER HELMETS

CAN SOMEONE DECIPHER THIS TWEET FOR ME? WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO TEACHING KIDS HOW TO WRITE LETTERS?

Draxal

Old men yelling at clouds make up approximately 67% of every major college's football fanbase.

CAN SOMEONE DECIPHER THIS TWEET FOR ME? WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO TEACHING KIDS HOW TO WRITE LETTERS?

HEY YOU DOWN IN FRONT.

WHY ARE YOU BUILDING WIFI IN THE STADIUMS WHO NEEDS THAT.

My question is could these guys at Texas have been excused in the spring when maybe both the players and Texas would have more time to recover. The players might be knuckleheads, I don't know, but at least give them a shot to land on their feet somewhere, including FCS or D-II if they wanted to play this year.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

It's sad to see a proud Washington fan carrying water for Oregon like this. smh

cashman

Banned
My question is could these guys at Texas have been excused in the spring when maybe both the players and Texas would have more time to recover. The players might be knuckleheads, I don't know, but at least give them a shot to land on their feet somewhere, including FCS or D-II if they wanted to play this year.

I bet they probably took a drug test, or they were told in the spring that they were on thin ice and were given one last shot to make good with the coaches over the summer.

I bet they probably took a drug test, or they were told in the spring that they were on thin ice and were given one last shot to make good with the coaches over the summer.

Yep, Overstreet and Daje were both on equally thin ice since the end of last season. Overstreet has reportedly been dismissed, while Daje looks to stay on the team. So yeah it seems they were all given a fair shot to turn their paths around. But with training camp starting in just 10 days we've approached the deadline. Strong doesn't want any bad eggs coming to training camp.

cashman

Banned
It might not be over yet

“According to one source close to the situation, as many as five more Texas players could be facing dismissals due to violations of team rules.”

-via Max Olson on ESPN.com

This year will be my first season as an actual college student, I will be attending the University of Alabama (please don't hate me). As someone that has lived in Tuscaloosa all their life, I am a bit excited about the change of pace I see being on campus 5 days a week.

This year will be my first season as an actual college student, I will be attending the University of Alabama (please don't hate me). As someone that has lived in Tuscaloosa all their life, I am a bit excited about the change of pace I see being on campus 5 days a week.

Thats nice but we already reached max occupancy on Alabama fans. Can I interest you in LSU or Arky? Miss. St is available too so you can stay in the SEC west.

You forgot to end this post with "Roll Tide."

cashman

Banned
Some of the players still don't understand that Strong's message was specifically to them. Brown's last years were focused on talking about things with no follow up. He was also absent from the team constantly and had little read on the mood or culture of the locker room. Some players may still be under the impression that this is more chatter with no follow through. They're in for a rude awakening. Their bad habits are about to be brought to light.

Pretty good read on what's going on with Texas football right now.

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2014/7/25/5937417/what-the-hell-is-going-on-a-promised-culture-change

andycapps

Nope, nope, nope. We don't need any more Bama fans.

Speaking of, UGA lineman ran into Saban at the Lake. I think Lake Burton.

@wattsdantzler: Casual run in with Saban at the lake lol

Draconian

I think we're gonna need you to come back here and sing Rammer Jammer after every Bama victory this year.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Don't let the peasants dictate how you feel about the UofA. Just know that your team (and by extension, yourself) are better than them. Roll Tide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom