• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sotha_Sil

Fucking goddammit. Clemson has just agreed to ANOTHER home and home with Auburn in 2016 and 2017.

If they're going to find an SEC team to play 8 times a decade, why can't we just go back to playing Georgia every year?

All the Auburn fans I know are saying the same thing about Clemson lol. Seems like neither fan base really wants this game. I get it, if you're not a natural rival of a program, it's more fun to be playing different teams.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Nice. I have to give Clemson credit, they've put together some nice OOC schedules for the next four years: UGA/SCar, ND/SCar, Aub/SCar, Aub/SCar.

It is always nice when your big rival is out of conference and good.

FSU was really lucky to have Miami and UF every year as OOC opponents.

Okay mre, from your experience how often do landlords that have had tenants that caused more than $4000 in property damage decide to not press charges? Just seems very odd that Jameis Winston and his roommate could do $4,200 in damages during an apartment bb gun battle, then the manager of the complex basically says no biggie. I'm not trying to imply an FSU booster jumped in to make a generous settlement with the complex owner out of court, but I am suspicious.

BTW Jameis is an asshole for flippin squirrels on-campus with a BB gun. You know all those squirrels are domesticated. Its like hunting at a petting zoo.

This may shock you but putting "gun-free zone" signs or laws into effect doesn't magically prevent guns from appearing in those locations.

Furthermore MOST schools don't do checks on students entering or leaving schools ;)

No kidding but I think the main difference is that nobody owns a bb gun without the intent to shoot it because it's a toy. I just imagine these idiots shooting at things out open on the quad or in the dorm hallways. They banned airsoft guns from the dorms my freshman year because all the dumbass football players were shooting people with them.

No kidding but I think the main difference is that nobody owns a bb gun without the intent to shoot it because it's a toy. I just imagine these idiots shooting at things out open on the quad or in the dorm hallways. They banned airsoft guns from the dorms my freshman year because all the dumbass football players were shooting people with them.

Yeah that doesn't surprise me. Football players get away with a lot of shit, so I guess it's not too surprising that they feel they can get away with this kind of thing too.

andycapps

Okay mre, from your experience how often do landlords that have had tenants that caused more than $4000 in property damage decide to not press charges? Just seems very odd that Jameis Winston and his roommate could do $4,200 in damages during an apartment bb gun battle, then the manager of the complex basically says no biggie. I'm not trying to imply an FSU booster jumped in to make a generous settlement with the complex owner out of court, but I am suspicious.

Must be nice to have a community that pushes things under the rug instead of demanding punishment for what players do.

Damn, I was right.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Oh, it's been my experience that the vast, vast majority of landlords are only in the business of renting out property for sheer joy that providing people with roofs over the head gives them. I have never heard of a landlord so much as think about trying to screw over its tenants by withholding deposits or sending them additional bills based upon damage (allegedly) done. So it comes as no surprise to me at all that this particular complex was overjoyed at the possibility of eating $4.2k in damage, and happily told Mr. Winston, "no biggie."

squicken

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...way-coaches-poll-florida-state-no-1/13366343/

Coaches poll out

Bt4n9VKIcAAj6Q3.jpg:large

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

That bowl win over Alabama is really paying dividends for Oklahoma. I can't decide if I'm surprised by them getting three first place votes or not.

Tech's bowl win over Arizona State is paying a lot of dividends as well. Even though we're in the middle of the "others receiving votes" section I don't think we'd even be in there without it after the 0-5 slide to finish the season.

Enfinit

Guys. I graduated from Florida State today.

And now I'm going to grad school at Florida.

fuck the gators

And in Jameis' defense, the squirrels on our campus are fucking evil. EVIL.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
What does UNC have over Duke, VT, Miami, or really anyone else in the Coastal division save maybe UVA? Nothing, but lets vote them 23rd because one day UNC might live up to these rankings the pollsters keep putting them at for some unknown reason.

I guess Amway is an appropriate sponsor for college football, considering they also run a business where the people who do all the work barely get paid for it.

andycapps

Jhriad

At least they didn't rank Nebraska higher than they should be again this year. Now they just need to resist the urge to put us in the top 15 when we play Michigan State in order to make it seem more interesting to television audiences.

Oregon has like 1 experienced starting WR, 1 returning member of the front 7 on defense, and they're #4.

It's like people don't even do research.

Also the link for that article takes like 10 years to load, I prefer this link that actually has the poll:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/smg-usat/2014/1/

Pre-season polls almost always seem to be an extrapolation from the end of the previous season unless a heisman candidate just graduated/went pro then that team may drop substantially. Pollsters see that mariota is back, so Oregon remains near the top.

Draconian

I knew tuning into Paaawl would be worth it today. Jim from Tuscaloosa quit the show again after a screaming rant and then called back in the next hour. A bunch of people have called in and bashed him and now Finebaum's defending him.

Enfinit

I'm kinda curious of what GAF's preseason top 25 should be. If you'd like, PM me your top 25 (I'll be judgement free), and if there's enough people, I'll compile the averages of what CFBGAF's Top 25 would be, seeing that all we do is bitch about it.

I'm kinda curious of what GAF's preseason top 25 should be. If you'd like, PM me your top 25 (I'll be judgement free), and if there's enough people, I'll compile the averages of what CFBGAF's Top 25 would be, seeing that all we do is bitch about it.

25 seems excessive

Also! Look for the Conference winner stuff this weekend.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, new Quaterback, but it's not like we've ever been good there, right? Right?

Still have great runners, receivers, and perhaps they'll throw to that tight end guy.

Just need the Oline to hold up long enough to do stuff.

We'll miss CJ and HaHa (and I guess Vinny too), but there's so much talent all around, something's bound to work. Not like we got worse at CB. Same, maybe, but not worse.

But the kicking alone is why Alabama shouldn't be in the top 5. It was bad last year, and now, who knows what that situation is going to be.

AntoneM

What does UNC have over Duke, VT, Miami, or really anyone else in the Coastal division save maybe UVA? Nothing, but lets vote them 23rd because one day UNC might live up to these rankings the pollsters keep putting them at for some unknown reason.

It's like you took the words out of my mouth.

Yeah, new Quaterback, but it's not like we've ever been good there, right? Right?

Still have great runners, receivers, and perhaps they'll throw to that tight end guy.

Just need the Oline to hold up long enough to do stuff.

We'll miss CJ and HaHa (and I guess Vinny too), but there's so much talent all around, something's bound to work. Not like we got worse at CB. Same, maybe, but not worse.

But the kicking alone is why Alabama shouldn't be in the top 5. It was bad last year, and now, who knows what that situation is going to be.

Is our kicker gonna be the one that missed the FG against Auburn? But we've won with horrible kickers before. Hopefully Kiffin can get us TDs so we won't have to worry as much!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Maybe that's the kicker. If he's not hung up on that kick (cause hey, not many kickers can hit from 60+), maybe he'll be adequate, although I do remember him doing poorly in the spring game.

I don't remember the kicking from the spring game but I think he was a freshman last season and that was his first kick ever in a college game. Maybe he'll end up being pretty good. Really can't blame him for missing a long high pressure kick like that in a huge game. I hope he doesn't let misses get in his head like Foster did.

ag-my001

I can't remember the kick right now: wasn't it on target but just a few yards short? I'll take a freshman who can hit ~53 anytime.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I can't remember the kick right now: wasn't it on target but just a few yards short? I'll take a freshman who can hit ~53 anytime.
You'd have to ask an Auburn fan. I doubt any Bama fan has watched that fucking play more than the one time.

You'd have to ask an Auburn fan. I doubt any Bama fan has watched that fucking play more than the one time.

Lol. ESPN still shows that shit all the time though. I close my eyes but hearing it still makes the visions come back clear as day. Fuck Auburn we'll be seeing that play for the rest of our lives :(

cdyhybrid

Nike pls

Oregon's ticket department apparently takes a pride in being as innovative as their uniform designers, something they showed by tweeting this today:

Our first thought was, "Hey! April Fools!" But it's August, and this is the official Oregon tickets account. And yes, they do appear to have scratch-n-sniff tickets, this one featuring a Carl's Jr. burger and presumably smelling like a burger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom