• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draconian

I heard that some people already have Leonard Fournette on a preseason Heisman watch list for the SEC. For those unfamiliar, this is a true freshman RB that came to LSU this year and has yet to play a college down. Granted, he was a monster in HS and comes in as the #1 RB recruit in the class.

So he's highly recruited, but has yet to even put on pads in practice and some people are mentioning him as being a contender for the Heisman. 'Crootin obsession has gone too far.

I think he could be next year, but yeah, when Jesse Palmer said Dak Prescott was a dark horse heisman candidate, it was hard not to laugh. Nobody's predictions at the beginning of the season are even close for the most part.

andycapps

I think he could be next year, but yeah, when Jesse Palmer said Dak Prescott was a dark horse heisman candidate, it was hard not to laugh. Nobody's predictions at the beginning of the season are even close for the most part.

Well anytime that Jesse Palmer opens his mouth, it's hard not to laugh. I'm not saying Leonard Fournette won't be good, but for God's sake, don't put those kind of expectations on a kid that was playing highschool teams months ago. It's one thing to say that a kid that played last year and had a promising season could improve a great deal in year two and be on some award lists, but to say a highschooler can do that? Way too premature.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Congratulations! You didn't get married during spring practice, fall practice, or the football season. Everything else is secondary.
A side-benefit of marrying a teacher (or a person in college to become a teacher). Summer works best for her schedule. :)

KingGondo

Banned
Well anytime that Jesse Palmer opens his mouth, it's hard not to laugh. I'm not saying Leonard Fournette won't be good, but for God's sake, don't put those kind of expectations on a kid that was playing highschool teams months ago. It's one thing to say that a kid that played last year and had a promising season could improve a great deal in year two and be on some award lists, but to say a highschooler can do that? Way too premature.
He's basically predicting that he'll be Adrian Peterson.

And as we all know, nobody is Adrian Peterson except for Adrian Peterson.

cf39BO0.gif

Enfinit

ooh ooh ooh

If college football conferences were dogs...

all of FCS - kindly muts
MWC - Boxer, very popular but not one of the big 5
MAC - Shih Tzhu because it sounds like shit zoo which describes the MAC pretty well
AAC - Any sort of rescue dog, don't really need to explain
CUSA - Pug, because every one loves them but no one wants to own them
Sun Belt - Lhasa Apso, cute and fun, but quickly forgotten
ACC - Mastif, noble and popular but not a dog people think of when they think of dogs
B1G - Golden Retriever, reliable, nice, good with kids
Big 12 - Chihuahua, agile, fast, always begging for attention
Pac 12- Lab, helps disabled people and can still run with the best
SEC - German Shepard, loyal and hard working
Independents - Dingoes

Shit, y'all. Just 4 days until Practice starts! Time for the boys to get to work on #15!

Fuck the SEC. Roll Tide.

Tell that to whoever decided to make the SEC logo twice the diameter of the Alabama "A". Was that Nike's decision?

Texas doesn't start practice for 7 more days, which gives Strong some extra time to dismiss some players. Since March he has dismissed 9, and I'm hoping for 2 more to be kicked off so we'll have enough guys to field a team of dismissed players.

Tell that to whoever decided to make the SEC logo twice the diameter of the Alabama "A". Was that Nike's decision?

Texas doesn't start practice for 7 more days, which gives Strong some extra time to dismiss some players. Since March he has dismissed 9, and I'm hoping for 2 more to be kicked off so we'll have enough guys to field a team of dismissed players.

Something about "but we already have Auburn."

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
30 days until I drive up to Seattle and watch Connor Halliday begin his quest to destroy PAC12 single season passing records. Can't wait!

andycapps

Looks like Tennessee has started filming the new Step Up movie, but they've also combined it with some form of weight training and Crossfit style PRs?

For mre since you don't want to click that link since it's Tennessee, it's a really strange video of Vol football players going into their workout facility and alternating between having dance offs with each other to lifting weights, all while the lights are down and a DJ is in there playing dance music.

Limedust

Looks like Tennessee has started filming the new Step Up movie, but they've also combined it with some form of weight training and Crossfit style PRs?

For mre since you don't want to click that link since it's Tennessee, it's a really strange video of Vol football players going into their workout facility and alternating between having dance offs with each other to lifting weights, all while the lights are down and a DJ is in there playing dance music.

Bwahahahahahaha!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Oh, I have no problems clicking links to laugh at the vols. :jnc

Didn't tha U do this shit last year?

lush

Clearly just throwing in some plyometrics between sets.

andycapps

Oh, I have no problems clicking links to laugh at the vols. :jnc

Didn't tha U do this shit last year?

It seems like something they would do, but I can't recall. We need our Miami fans to chime in.

Clearly just throwing in some plyometrics between sets.

Yeah man, gotta pump that heartrate up yo.

There are some truly gif-able moments in there. New avatar just to throw everyone off for the new season.

KingGondo

Banned
The NCAA's practice restrictions on OSU football have been lifted. Our average score has been amended to 930 from 929.41 over the last 4 years.

Last two years have had an average of around 943, so we should be in the clear moving forward from what I can tell.

The NCAA's practice restrictions on OSU football have been lifted. Our average score has been amended to 930 from 929.41 over the last 4 years.

Last two years have had an average of around 943, so we should be in the clear moving forward from what I can tell.

I hope you learned your lesson!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

I think its because they got some really old player to come back and graduate who had a decent GPA in the 90s.

Fucking goddammit. Clemson has just agreed to ANOTHER home and home with Auburn in 2016 and 2017.

If they're going to find an SEC team to play 8 times a decade, why can't we just go back to playing Georgia every year?

andycapps

Fucking goddammit. Clemson has just agreed to ANOTHER home and home with Auburn in 2016 and 2017.

If they're going to find an SEC team to play 8 times a decade, why can't we just go back to playing Georgia every year?

I don't know, I'd be down. But we'd definitely never play any other big BCS teams if that were the case. We already play GA Tech every year, and sooner or later they might be good again. Permanent outside of conference games are increasingly rare, I think it'd be impossible to have two of those.

andycapps

Jeremy Pruitt is ice cold. Feel like he learned his interview skills from Saban as well.

Not that Pruitt was sobbing about the departures of Josh Harvey-Clemons, Tray Matthews, Jonathan Taylor and Shaq Wiggins. In fact Pruitt disagreed with the premise of a question about the impact of the losses this offseason.

"To me it's not losses," Pruitt said. "We got the guys we've got and that's what we're gonna go with."

Pressed further, Pruitt made clear he wasn't interested in talking about it: "I'd like to focus on the players who are at Georgia, not the ones who are not here. So that probably answers your question."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom