• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

@WillGunter560: Spurrier on scheduling, "playing East Carolina is probably tougher than playing one of those bottom tier Big Ten Teams,"

B85021B4-5604-467B-9C89-6C65F7139223_zpsqw5abjxl.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
True.

Our Hidden Gem, where he quietly picked up a shitload of sacks, and goes into this season as possibly the best DL player in the conference, but no one noticed :lol

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
A'shawn came into this world a grown ass man.

(Paraphrased) Quote of the Day: Kiffikins appeared in his last press conference of the season today. When asked what, if any, guidance Saban gave him in preparing for the press conference, Lane said "Just don't say anything to end up on ESPN's ticker." Kiffin ended his press conference with "Fuck the Vols, we're coming to Knoxville to whup dat ass in October. Roll damn Tide."

Edit: I'm also starting to convince myself that Blake Sims will be our starting QB against WVU, and I don't think that will be a bad thing. Somebody hold me.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Texas Tech's reporting roster was released today. 5 QBs listed: a true sophomore, and 4 true freshman. Better than the post-Spring roster, which had a single QB listed, the true sophomore.

I've mentioned it before, and the only real surprise is the 5th QB because it's a name we hadn't heard before, but it is still just so strange to look at an entire roster and see only a single QB on the roster that's older than 18.

andycapps

Someone needs to ask Bielema at his next press conference about this.
A'shawn came into this world a grown ass man.

(Paraphrased) Quote of the Day: Kiffikins appeared in his last press conference of the season today. When asked what, if any, guidance Saban gave him in preparing for the press conference, Lane said "Just don't say anything to end up on ESPN's ticker." Kiffin ended his press conference with "Fuck the Vols, we're coming to Knoxville to whup dat ass in October. Roll damn Tide."

Edit: I'm also starting to convince myself that Blake Sims will be our starting QB against WVU, and I don't think that will be a bad thing. Somebody hold me.
Yeah but, is Blake Sims the game manager Saban has been looking for?

mre

andycapps

This is so much funnier without the photoshops. We deserve all the shit we get for the Running of the Gumps. What a fucking embarrassment.

I don't know man, when I saw that photoshop on my twitter feed I actually laughed. I might be easily amused when it comes to laughing at the average Bama fan.

mre

I don't know man, when I saw that photoshop on my twitter feed I actually laughed. I might be easily amused when it comes to laughing at the average Bama fan.
What does Forrest Gump add to that picture that a soaking wet 60 year old woman sprinting across a field to get the autograph of a 60 year old man, doesn't already have?

Here is the line to get Saban's autograph:

o0Mw4iP.jpg

andycapps

What does Forrest Gump add to that picture that a soaking wet 60 year old woman sprinting across a field to get the autograph of a 60 year old man, doesn't already have?

Here is the line to get Saban's autograph:

Bama fans are something else.

Eh, I don't think Rutgers will be that bad this year, not great, but coaching has certainly improved.

The issue I have, is that even if Rutgers goes 5-7/6-6 it will most likely be enough to keep Flood around which each week he stays is setting the program further and further behind.

So I saw a story on ESPN.com that Da U's starting QB might miss their opener due to a failed drug test, but the bigger news in the story to me was that JAKE HEAPS might replace him. I had no idea Jake Heaps was still in college! This is what, his fourth school?

Chris R

Less than a month to go before football is back! I can't wait!

Might even have a new DVR box that allows for 6 different channels to tune and record... Going to be great!

This just reminds me how much we're all going to miss that storied Michigan/Notre Dame rivalry, which has totally always been a rivalry that everyone grew up watching always.
The BYU v. Utah rivalry is going on hiatus too. First year without a holy war in like 75 years. If only Israel and Palestine could follow suit

Draxal

So I saw a story on ESPN.com that Da U's starting QB might miss their opener due to a failed drug test, but the bigger news in the story to me was that JAKE HEAPS might replace him. I had no idea Jake Heaps was still in college! This is what, his fourth school?

Heap is probably better than Olson, who is only making on it his name (his dad was a famous hc in Jersey and of course his brother being with the Panthers).

Draxal

The issue I have, is that even if Rutgers goes 5-7/6-6 it will most likely be enough to keep Flood around which each week he stays is setting the program further and further behind.

He has to have either a winning record, or not have any mortifying defeats (.ie Cincy bad or to a lesser extent UCF/Houston bad).

With out schedule that's going to be pretty hard to accomplish.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Oh many, Aggy's new stadium is a monstrosity.

The new Locker rooms look like something from a shitty version of the Cosmopolitan which means 18 years olds will super be impressed with it since 25 years olds are super impressed by the Cosmopolitan.

The new Locker rooms look like something from a shitty version of the Cosmopolitan which means 18 years olds will super be impressed with it since 25 years olds are super impressed by the Cosmopolitan.

Just saw the locker room pics.

Looks like a James Bond villain lair.

This just reminds me how much we're all going to miss that storied Michigan/Notre Dame rivalry, which has totally always been a rivalry that everyone grew up watching always.

1978-2014. That's longer than my entire life time by 4 years. Mind you I didn't really care about it my entire life so there's that.

Hey, the Cosmo is a great looking hotel. Same with Aria. Need to get back to Vegas....

mre

The "whereas" is really fucking awkward. I wouldn't be shocked if it was so awkward, it's just outright killed cyan.

cdyhybrid

Sounds like Bama transfer Travell Dixon is finally putting it together, as he's in a heated competition with redshirt frosh Jermaine Kelly for the CB spot across from Marcus Peters. He's been largely irrelevant until this season.

mre

Sounds like Bama transfer Travell Dixon is finally putting it together, as he's in a heated competition with redshirt frosh Jermaine Kelly for the CB spot across from Marcus Peters. He's been largely irrelevant until this season.
Listen, if the guy couldn't get playing time with the group of CBs we had last season and felt he had to transfer out... well. I don't know what to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom