• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a dream.

Can't throw to it less than Nuss.

Hmm

USC pass completions in 2013: 250
USC passes completed to TEs in 2013: 33
% of USC passes completed to TEs in 2013: 13.2%

Bama pass completions in 2013: 244
Bama passes completed to TEs in 2013: 27
% of Bama passes completed to TEs in 2013: 11.1%

Obviously this doesn't count total targets for TEs, but it looks like both teams completed roughly the same amount to TEs.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'd have to check, but not sure if USC has a sure thing player like OJ Howard. If he's not the next NFL TE Star in the vein of Jimmy Graham/Rob Gronkowski, something went horribly wrong. 6'6" @ 240 lb, but has great hands and is in the ballpark of having WR speed.

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2014/5/30/5763582/alabama-football-why-kiffin-must-feature-te-o-j-howard-and-12

GIIIIIIIIFS
howardlsutd11.gif

ojtexasam.gif

ojarktdcatch.gif

Happy August everyone. Football returns this month, woohoo!

I believe next Thursday is the last football-less Thursday until like January.

I'd have to check, but not sure if USC has a sure thing player like OJ Howard. If he's not the next NFL TE Star in the vein of Jimmy Graham/Rob Gronkowski, something went horribly wrong. 6'6" @ 240 lb, but has great hands and is in the ballpark of having WR speed.

Well they had Xavier Grimble last year who was the #1 overall TE in his recruiting class and #51 in the nation. 6'6" 245 4.7 out of HS, he signed as an UDFA with the NY Giants after the draft.

They also have Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick who was a true freshman last year and was the #4 TE in his class, and Randal Telfer who was the #6 TE in his class. I don't really know what their hype trains were like coming out of HS but those are clearly 3 guys who were regarded as top prospects coming out of HS and none of them became big names under Kiffin. Grimble managed All Pac 12 Honorable Mention twice, so I guess he was like the third best TE in a pass happy conference twice.

Lonestar

I believe next Thursday is the last football-less Thursday until like January.

Well they had Xavier Grimble last year who was the #1 overall TE in his recruiting class and #51 in the nation. 6'6" 245 4.7 out of HS, he signed as an UDFA with the NY Giants after the draft.

They also have Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick who was a true freshman last year and was the #4 TE in his class, and Randal Telfer who was the #6 TE in his class. I don't really know what their hype trains were like coming out of HS but those are clearly 3 guys who were regarded as top prospects coming out of HS and none of them became big names under Kiffin. Grimble managed All Pac 12 Honorable Mention twice, so I guess he was like the third best TE in a pass happy conference twice.

Both sound like decent prospects, with grimble being a top 60 national player from Rivals. OJ was 16th nationally overall in 2013 and a 5 star recruit.

I know to expect disappointment from Kiffin, but OJ should be #1 or #2 on his Saban-provided clipboard of "players to use."

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Both sound like decent prospects, with grimble being a top 60 national player from Rivals. OJ was 16th nationally overall in 2013 and a 5 star recruit.

I know to expect disappointment from Kiffin, but OJ should be #1 or #2 on his Saban-provided clipboard of "players to use."
Fuck that shit.

He may be a douchebag, but as long as he's here, he's OUR douchebag! All aboard the Lane Train! Get on board or get left behind. CHOO CHOO!

247MALm.gif

I may or may not have only slept two hours last night.

Jhriad

Pelini premiered the new UNL jerseys again Illini this year, i love that he's jsut run with the whole being crazy thing:

Bt9itGBIcAAeLBR.jpg

Really dig those unis. The leg stripes being N's down the side of the leg is a nice touch. That glossy jersey number looks like shit though. If it's stretched nicely it looks okay but in most shots it lumps up some and looks like someone slapped shiny electrical tape on the chest/shoulders.

Better shots of the uni here

Lonestar

Well, off to get a tooth extracted. Roots cracked under a capped tooth. Hooray.

If I don't post inside of 4 days, I died from the Anesthesia, and my last commands is for each of you to poison a tree in my stead.

Roll Tahd

Draxal

If I don't post inside of 4 days, I died from the Anesthesia, and my last commands is for each of you to poison a tree in my stead.

Roll Tahd

Evilore will have a houndstooth theme made in your name.

Roll Tahd

Good luck
If you die at least you won't have to see Kiffin run your offense

andycapps

Brandon Ivory, Jarran Reed (DUI), and Tim Williams suspended. No clue what Ivory and Williams did.
Nick Saban has lost control.

Speaking of losing control. Went to state fair today and had too many fried things. Corndogs, fresh French fries, real mozzarella sticks (not the frozen shit), funnel cake, fried Buckeyes. Had some killer butter pecan ice cream too.

Lonestar

Good news and bad new

Good news l am still here

bad news you guys can't do my last commands.

Unless you really like me :p

ROOOLLLL TIDDDE PAAAAWWWLLLLL

andycapps

Looks like Nick Marshall and some other guy are suspended for some portion of the game against Arkansas. They are not starting. Could mean a half, could mean they miss a series.

Keep being tough, Malzahn, I think they're listening.

cdyhybrid

I'm willing to let it slide if it was in Palo Alto.

Btw, I picked up some tickets for Cal-UW today. Already have that inked in as a loss.

We'll see. I have no idea what we'll get from the new coaching staff. No alarms going off yet but that doesn't really mean anything.

Draconian

Looks like Nick Marshall and some other guy are suspended for some portion of the game against Arkansas. They are not starting. Could mean a half, could mean they miss a series.

I think we knew what to expect when Malzahn tried to pass off not bringing Marshall to media days as a punishment. Anybody expecting anything serious was kidding themselves.

Lonestar

Covered under "first offense" prodedures.

Lol, "first offense"

cdyhybrid

Just found out that Wes Lunt from Xerox U transferred to Illinois and sat out last season, and apparently will be starting for Illinois when they come to Husky Stadium.

Been rewatching last years OSU/Michigan on ESPNU. Cant believe Michigan is talking about a QB battle for gardner. Guy kept them in the game and is tough as nails, he took a pounding this game.

Been rewatching last years OSU/Michigan on ESPNU. Cant believe Michigan is talking about a QB battle for gardner. Guy kept them in the game and is tough as nails, he took a pounding this game.

Prevailing notion is that the OL and playcalling is what sucked last year. Gardner is a nice QB if not a potential star. Morris would have to be the second coming and/or Gardner would have to wet the bed. It's Gardner's job as far as I can see.

Retweeted by Jay Bilas
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 4h
South Carolina self-reported 22 NCAA infractions in past year. One involved impermissible icing on cookie cake given to football prospects.

NCAA Rulebook Article 2 Section 4 Clause 3 covers icing on cookie cakes, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom