• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

I've already got a good amount of jerseys still in good condition, so typically it'll just be a t-shirt or something. I usually end up buying more random items than clothing now. Beer glasses, stuff like that.

Jerseys? Lol

I don't know if this is news to non Georgia fans, I know Enron posts from time to time.. But it's an interesting rebuttal from Tracy Rocker (former Auburn star, now UGA D-line coach) answering a question of why a standout player from last year is now 3rd string. Doesn't sound like anybody on the defense is getting anything handed to them based on their play in the past.

Pruitt said today that he has one DB he's happy with at this time, senior Damian Swann. The rest of them he says are improving but not where he wants yet.

http://youtu.be/-N8XlIcColA

andycapps

Thought he was Boston College.

Nah. Northwestern. Or maybe it was Georgia Tech.

cdyhybrid said:
Ya'll don't wear jerseys in SEC country?

Besides, it's hard to fit a t-shirt over your 3 layers of clothing when you're watching a night game and the temperature's in the 30s :(

Only the Gata fans, from what I've seen. It's typically polos and khaki shorts/pants for the dudes, sundresses for the women. For the students anyway. Though I don't live in the south currently and I'm not a student anymore. But still, it's typically a Georgia tshirt or polo if it's warm, and a Georgia hoodie if it's cold. I can't speak for the other fanbases, but in the Georgia fans I associate with, jerseys are scoffed at as being either an NFL fan thing or a B1G thing. Mostly the latter.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Now that the SECN is almost here, what kind of extra programming do you guys want?

I want a JPW/G-MAC show called "Bangs and Brains"

Now that the SECN is almost here, what kind of extra programming do you guys want?

Paula Deen's still looking for a new TV gig, right?

I remember watching an episode of one of her horrible shows with my mom. They were making tailgate food and her dumb sons kept yelling, "GO DAWGS!" over and over again.

cdyhybrid

Only the Gata fans, from what I've seen. It's typically polos and khaki shorts/pants for the dudes, sundresses for the women. For the students anyway. Though I don't live in the south currently and I'm not a student anymore. But still, it's typically a Georgia tshirt or polo if it's warm, and a Georgia hoodie if it's cold. I can't speak for the other fanbases, but in the Georgia fans I associate with, jerseys are scoffed at as being either an NFL fan thing or a B1G thing. Mostly the latter.

Interesting! I thought jerseys were a football-wide thing. We don't have as many jersey-wearers as the Seahawks, but we have a decent amount. Usually younger fans.

The Steve Spurrier Power Hour. They just run down various items in the news and have Spurrier comment on them.

Lonestar

Paula Deen's still looking for a new TV gig, right?

I remember watching an episode of one of her horrible shows with my mom. They were making tailgate food and her dumb sons kept yelling, "GO DAWGS!" over and over again.

Basically, a show filmed in Georgia.

I already posted the schedule!!!

BuP8QgICAAA_93j.jpg

andycapps

Personally, I'd like to see a few shows. I'd like to see a cooking show with Nick Saban showing me all of the different uses for an oatmeal cream pie.. "You can crumble it and put it in your butter pecan ice cream.. You could take two of them and put them together and then you have an oatmeal cream pie sandwich.. The possibilities are endless as long as you stick with the process."

I'd also like to see a show with Les Miles embarrassing little kids on the basketball court. Or really, just a Les Miles reality show. Maybe some reality shows with A&M. I kind of want to know and don't want to know what the hell they're on about.

In seriousness, a show looking at the tailgates around the SEC would be nice. I believe the SEC's version of gameday is going to be doing just that, actually.

Basically, a show filmed in Georgia.

woof woof.

cdyhybrid said:
Interesting! I thought jerseys were a football-wide thing. We don't have as many jersey-wearers as the Seahawks, but we have a decent amount. Usually younger fans.

Well they could be, just not with Georgia fans, from what I've seen. You'll see a few people, but by and large, that's just not the case. I can't speak to the other fanbases. I know Tennessee fans like overalls.

The big 10 network early days were pretty great. It was super silly, they used to have a show called big ten friday night tailgate. They would spend all week on one campus and show all the cool/unique things about it, while talking about the game that weekend. It was 2 improv guys from Chicago who were actually pretty funny.

Miss that show.

Lonestar

I already posted the schedule!!!

BuP8QgICAAA_93j.jpg

Yeah, but I'm not asking for canned humor, I'm asking for people to come up with something!

Footbaww Jesus and The Living Dead: The Tebow and Finebaum Pop Culture Travelogue show
PantsBusters starring Bret Beilima
One Hot Piss, a weekly rap-up of football message boards, hosted by John L Smith.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Yeah, but I'm not asking for canned humor, I'm asking for people to come up with something!

Footbaww Jesus and The Living Dead: The Tebow and Finebaum Pop Culture Travelogue show
PantsBusters starring Bret Beilima
One Hot Piss, a weekly rap-up of football message boards, hosted by John L Smith.

McCarron and Lorenzon: Tats and Fats

andycapps

They may have gotten paid in tattoos (essentially), but none of them approached something like this monstrosity:

So I'm going to have to disagree with you.
That is really bad.

There could also be a segment on players with tattoos for schools they're no longer with or never attended. Reuben Foster and Tray Matthews could feature.

Top 1-2 pick for 2015, Trenton Thompson, is announcing his decision next week. If it's anywhere but UGA everyone will be shocked. We're going to have a hell of a class next year. Picked up a good 4 star OT out of Maryland a couple days ago, another just decommitted from NC state I believe and we're in the running for him. Will be weird if we end up with a solid recruiting class for our OL. Hasn't been a strength.

Shit, I've made 420 posts on Scout's forums, I can never post again.

Michigan feels:

I feel pretty good. Better than last year. I'm just happy to be back to a place where 9-3 is a realistic, baseline expectation, honestly. It's been a rough 5-6 years and hopefully the clouds have lifted.

10-3 with a bowl win and maybe a top 18 finish, or 9-4 with a "good" bowl loss (more SCe, less KSU) and a top 25 finish - either would make for a fairly typical Michigan season, really, and without being remotely greedy or unreasonable about it.

OL is a huge question but every other unit seems at least moderately formidable. We'll likely fall somewhere between okay and good by current standards.

In the spirit of optimism I'll say we finish the year #17.

Draconian

Whoever thought this SEC Network commercial set to the tune of the Golden Girls theme song was a good idea needs their head examined.

Just stop it already.

KingGondo

Banned
Such jealousy :)
Trust me, I hope OU, OSU and UT eventually join the SEC. It would be cool to actually play a fun football schedule again (even if it is a detriment to our competitiveness).

But holy shit the endless masturbatory SEC talk on every outlet gets old.

andycapps

Trust me, I hope OU, OSU and UT eventually join the SEC. It would be cool to actually play a fun football schedule again (even if it is a detriment to our competitiveness).

But holy shit the endless masturbatory SEC talk on every outlet gets old.

I think if we took OSU we'd have to take Texas Tech as well. How else would you copy them?

I'm not trying to besmirch Lutzenkirchen at all because him passing away was a tragedy, and it seems like he was a good kid. Was probably obvious before, but it appears that the he and the driver were intoxicated (neither were wearing their seatbelts). The legal limit for BAC in Georgia is .08. Ian Davis (driver) was at a .17 and Lutzenkirchen was .377. Don't drink and drive, just get a taxi or have someone else drive that hasn't been drinking.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I think if we took OSU we'd have to take Texas Tech as well. How else would you copy them?

I'm not trying to besmirch Lutzenkirchen at all because him passing away was a tragedy, and it seems like he was a good kid. Was probably obvious before, but it appears that the he and the driver were intoxicated (neither were wearing their seatbelts). The legal limit for BAC in Georgia is .08. Ian Davis (driver) was at a .17 and Lutzenkirchen was .377. Don't drink and drive, just get a taxi or have someone else drive that hasn't been drinking.
I'm not sure why Lutzenkirchen's BAC is even relevant. He wasn't the driver. Ian Davis was, and he had a considerably lower BAC than Lutzenkirchen, though still more than double the legal limit. If Davis was to be the driver, then his failure to stay sober is what's relevant.

andycapps

I'm not sure why Lutzenkirchen's BAC is even relevant. He wasn't the driver. Ian Davis was, and he had a considerably lower BAC than Lutzenkirchen, though still more than double the legal limit. If Davis was to be the driver, then his failure to stay sober is what's relevant.

You're right, it's not really relevant. I'm assuming it was brought up in the article because they tested the BAC of them because they died. The two passengers that lived didn't have their BAC tested.

Limedust

.377? Jesus, he might've been dead before the accident.

Indeed.

Copied from another forum:

The driver's BAC was 0.17, Lutz was 0.37:

0.16-0.19 BAC: Dysphoria predominates, nausea may appear. The drinker has the appearance of a "sloppy drunk."

0.25 BAC: All mental, physical and sensory functions are severely impaired. Increased risk of asphyxiation from choking on vomit and of seriously injuring yourself by falls or other accidents.

0.30 BAC: STUPOR. You have little comprehension of where you are. You may pass out suddenly and be difficult to awaken.

0.35 BAC: Coma is possible. This is the level of surgical anesthesia.

0.40 BAC and up: Onset of coma, and possible death due to respiratory arrest.

Draxal

Using the CWRU 2014 reports.

Big 12
29 Texas
182 Iowa State
203 Kansas
235 Oklahoma
319 Kansas St
365 Oklahoma St
439 WVU
473 Baylor
480 Texas Tech
??? TCU

SEC

59 Florida
71 Vanderbilt
92 Tennessee
105 Texas A&M
196 Missouri
207 Georgia
216 Louisiana State
259 Kentucky
298 USCe
372 Alabama
441 Ole Miss
477 Arkansas
504 Miss. State
548 Auburn

Man, Texas really should have left and formed the Pac 16.

Draxal

The SEC is struggling to get 9 conference games approved, good luck with 10!

10 is an easier sell than 9 (amount of conference home games is a HUUUUUGE deal); but this will never happen in the SEC due to xdivision rivalries and all the ACC state rivalries. Plus less games to have buy ins as well.

andycapps

The SEC is struggling to get 9 conference games approved, good luck with 10!

If it did, bye bye yearly games with Georgia Tech/Georgia, FSU/Florida, USCe/Clempson, etc.

I don't see 16 team conferences any time soon. I think they've stalled it at least for a few years. There doesn't seem to be any incentive for the SEC to up it's conference game schedule until there is no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom