• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Listen, if the guy couldn't get playing time with the group of CBs we had last season and felt he had to transfer out... well. I don't know what to tell you.

We lost 3/4 of our starting secondary and a few backup guys too after last season. If he wasn't in the running this season there would be absolutely no hope for him :p

It might just be $9.95 hype, but they're saying he definitely looks different compared to last year.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
We lost 3/4 of our starting secondary and a few backup guys too after last season. If he wasn't in the running this season there would be absolutely no hope for him :p

It might just be $9.95 hype, but they're saying he definitely looks different compared to last year.
New haircut? New tattoo? Growth spurt?

BuP8QgICAAA_93j.jpg

andycapps

Listen, if the guy couldn't get playing time with the group of CBs we had last season and felt he had to transfer out... well. I don't know what to tell you.

It doesn't really matter, they don't play defense in the PAC 12. A kid that can't see the field in Bama's offense is an upgrade for them. Trollolololololol

andycapps

LSU has lifted Jalen Mills' suspension.

BATON ROUGE, La. -- Les Miles didn't say whether Jalen Mills will miss any game time, but it's clear the junior safety has not played for the last time in an LSU uniform.

LSU's coach lifted Mills' suspension in time for Monday's first practices of the preseason and said he will handle further discipline internally.

Jalen Mills
Stacy Revere/Getty ImagesJalen Mills had been indefinitely suspended since June, when he was arrested for allegedly punching a woman on May 4 and knocking her unconscious.

"Those things take time and ... after an entire summer of suspension, we felt like, while this thing was still being decided, that we bring him onto the team and then continue that discipline," Miles said Monday evening.

Mills had been indefinitely suspended since June, when he was arrested for allegedly punching a woman and knocking her unconscious on May 4. Initially police said he could face a second-degree battery charge -- a felony -- but East Baton Rouge Parish district attorney Hillar Moore charged Mills with misdemeanor simple battery on Monday.

Stay tough on the kids, Miles. "Internal discipline" for knocking a woman out cold. Fucking hell.

Chris R

Yay, I'll be getting SEC Network it looks like. No bitching and moaning that ESPN took the best game available some week and put it on a network nobody has (hello Longhorn Channel)

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
LSU has lifted Jalen Mills' suspension.

Stay tough on the kids, Miles. "Internal discipline" for knocking a woman out cold. Fucking hell.

Devonte Fields at TCU is meeting with school officials today to discuss the allegations that he went into a girl's house and assaulted her. Arrested on a misdemeanor assault warrant.

Considering the last time he was suspended was last season when Patterson broke up his two game suspension over more than two games (including skipping over the conference opener at Tech) I don't have much doubt that he'll be reinstated as well.

::edit::
Right after the incident he was "separated" from the entire University, so the meeting today could just be about being able to enroll for classes and not actually specifically football related.

Yay, I'll be getting SEC Network it looks like. No bitching and moaning that ESPN took the best game available some week and put it on a network nobody has (hello Longhorn Channel)
Direct tv is the only major hold out now for LHN. If LHN didn't get on as a rider with the sec network, then the LHN may never be on direct tv.

Edit:Comcast xfinity doesn't have LHN either so make that 2 major hold outs

andycapps

Devonte Fields at TCU is meeting with school officials today to discuss the allegations that he went into a girl's house and assaulted her. Arrested on a misdemeanor assault warrant.

Considering the last time he was suspended was last season when Patterson broke up his two game suspension over more than two games (including skipping over the conference opener at Tech) I don't have much doubt that he'll be reinstated as well.

Maybe they have a "Circle of Trust" at TCU.

@10TV BREAKING: Columbus Public Health confirms one person, who recently traveled to W Africa, is being tested for the Ebola virus.

Well this wont help recruiting.....

update!

dodged a bullet!

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Department of Health has confirmed test results have come back NEGATIVE for a person tested for the Ebola virus in Columbus. This comes after a person was tested on Tuesday for the deadly virus because they recently returned from West Africa, where an outbreak has left nearly 900 people dead. It’s unclear where the person is being treated.

mre

update!

dodged a bullet!

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Department of Health has confirmed test results have come back NEGATIVE for a person tested for the Ebola virus in Columbus. This comes after a person was tested on Tuesday for the deadly virus because they recently returned from West Africa, where an outbreak has left nearly 900 people dead. It’s unclear where the person is being treated.
The test for Ebola only takes 4 minutes?

Chris R

Direct tv is the only major hold out now for LHN. If LHN didn't get on as a rider with the sec network, then the LHN may never be on direct tv.

Edit:Comcast xfinity doesn't have LHN either so make that 2 major hold outs

My local cable company doesn't get LHN or WatchESPN :(

With the SEC Network stuff happening that might change in the future though. I'd love WatchESPN since it seems nothing is on ESPN3 now.

At least I get the PAC-12 Network :)

News outlets really shouldn't be reporting that people are being tested for ebola. It should only be reported if someone tests positive for it.

It seems like little more than alarmist horseshit.

mre

News outlets really shouldn't be reporting that people are being tested for ebola. It should only be reported if someone tests positive for it.

It seems like little more than alarmist horseshit.
I don't know... the fact that the CDC or whomever thought it necessary to test someone in Ohio for EBOLA is pretty big news in and of itself.

My local cable company doesn't get LHN or WatchESPN :(

With the SEC Network stuff happening that might change in the future though. I'd love WatchESPN since it seems nothing is on ESPN3 now.

At least I get the PAC-12 Network :)

I called to try and cancel DirecTV yesterday (ended up getting $30 off a month and free NFL Sunday ticket instead) and the guy was like "Hey we got the SEC Network though!" and I'm like, "Yeah that doesnt help me watch teams that play in my city."

These regional cable networks are awful. I can't watch the Dodgers, and I'll probably miss a bunch of good Pac 12 games as well.

andycapps

I called to try and cancel DirecTV yesterday (ended up getting $30 off a month and free NFL Sunday ticket instead) and the guy was like "Hey we got the SEC Network though!" and I'm like, "Yeah that doesnt help me watch teams that play in my city."

These regional cable networks are awful. I can't watch the Dodgers, and I'll probably miss a bunch of good Pac 12 games as well.

The worst thing I've seen is that the Columbus Crew games are on Time Warner sports channel. Believe it or not, I'd like to watch some of the games, but I can't legally because I have Uverse.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
TWC also doesn't have LHN outside of Texas.

:Shakes fist at TWC NYC:

basically there are two Texas bars that have Fios in the East Village. Which means I have to go down and fight off a bunch of 22 year old junior analysts who want to pound shots and reminisce about how awesome West campus bars are.

Instead of going to my awesome bar filled with big money donor buddy gehrety types*

This is a lie, I got to a series of crappy bars in the UWS, dependent on whether the gata fans have taken over the bar with the cheapest beer. Mostly I don't want to have to take a train to watch CFB

cdyhybrid

TWC also doesn't have LHN outside of Texas.

:Shakes fist at TWC NYC:

basically there are two Texas bars that have Fios in the East Village. Which means I have to go down and fight off a bunch of 22 year old junior analysts who want to pound shots and reminisce about how awesome West campus bars are.

Instead of going to my awesome bar filled with big money donor buddy gehrety types*

This is a lie, I got to a series of crappy bars in the UWS, dependent on whether the gata fans have taken over the bar with the cheapest beer. Mostly I don't want to have to take a train to watch CFB

Just remember that you wouldn't have to deal with any of this if you guys didn't sabotage the MDC.

AntoneM

I have actually grown an affection to trolling the poor Direct TV sales person in Best Buy. I show some interest and mention that I'm paying way to much for cable and then I ask if they carry the Pac 12 network... lols had by all and by all I mean me.

cdyhybrid

I have actually grown an affection to trolling the poor Direct TV sales person in Best Buy. I show some interest and mention that I'm paying way to much for cable and then I ask if they carry the Pac 12 network... lols had by all and by all I mean me.

I'd probably do this too if:

1) I were actually ever in Best Buy
2) The guy I'd be trolling wasn't just some poor schmuck working that job to try to keep the lights on who didn't give a shit about TV provider politics

Now, if DirecTV wanted me to be part of a focus group or something? I'm in.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://www.goodbullhunting.com/cuppycup/2014/8/5/5971411/longhorns-lsec-network-limited-distribution-directv

Texas Fans are funny with their arrogance.

Once again, let me reiterate:
1. The LHN is badass in its current form
2. One school having its own badass network >> 14 schools sharing airtime on a single network
3. We all understand that a network dedicated to 14 schools will require more man power during its startup phase than a mature network that is dedicated to one school. That being said, re-read point #2

Draxal

Stooge ban this guy.

Those quotes are a goldmine. If ever the overused GAF meme of salt applied, this is it.

And this one.

Seriously, though the LHN probably would have worked if they got to carry the high school games, but once that got kiboshed the whole venture was doomed.

StoOgE

They live in SEC country. Punishment enough.

That said, Goodbullhunting is one of the worst websites in the history of the world. Quote mining Shaggy is a fools errand because half of the posts are troll posts meant to bait someone into being angry.

andycapps

Stooge ban this guy.

And this one.

Seriously, though the LHN probably would have worked if they got to carry the high school games, but once that got kiboshed the whole venture was doomed.

Who knows. I don't think a national channel can survive based on one collegiate team and highschool football from Texas.

StoOgE

Who knows. I don't think a national channel can survive based on one collegiate team and highschool football from Texas.

It's not really a national channel.

It's more or less given away outside of the state (well surrounding area). It's money is derived from exceptionally high fees in the state of Texas.

Which makes sense given the Big 12s footprint. There isn't another state worth having media market wise in the footprint.

Jhriad

Which makes sense given the Big 12s footprint. There isn't another state worth having media market wise in the footprint.

But what about Denver, St Louis, and Kansas City? Oh, right. Really though the loss of those markets lies with UT so they don't have anyone to blame but themselves.

StoOgE

But what about Denver, St Louis, and Kansas City? Oh, right. Really though the loss of those markets lies with UT so they don't have anyone to blame but themselves.

What are you on about now?

Johnny Football leaves and you're all concerned about daddy longhorn running you off again.

Jhriad

Nebraska!

Ding! Give the man a prize! :)

EDIT: So I'm going to be buying some new Nebraska gear for the start of the season and I was a little curious, does anyone else do this every year? I'm just getting a new cap, polo, and potentially some matching New Balance shoes but it has me wondering if it's all a bit of excessive silliness.

andycapps

It's not really a national channel.

It's more or less given away outside of the state (well surrounding area). It's money is derived from exceptionally high fees in the state of Texas.

It's only available on Uverse here if you get the most expensive cable package. Guess I'm saying that it would have made more sense for the conference to do a conference channel and not let Texas have their own thing.

cdyhybrid

Ding! Give the man a prize! :)

EDIT: So I'm going to be buying some new Nebraska gear for the start of the season and I was a little curious, does anyone else do this every year? I'm just getting a new cap, polo, and potentially some matching New Balance shoes but it has me wondering if it's all a bit of excessive silliness.

I've already got a good amount of jerseys still in good condition, so typically it'll just be a t-shirt or something. I usually end up buying more random items than clothing now. Beer glasses, stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom