• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 12: the Valley Shook, the Plains Ran Dry, and Sparty Clempsoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
GO BIG RED!!

My prediction: Nebraska 24, Wisconsin 27.

Obviously, I hope Nebraska just demolishes them, but with Ameer at anything but 100%, our ongoing injury issues on both sides of the ball, and the worst C-QB exchange in all of division, I am not going to kid myself here: We need to play nearly perfect to win.

giga

So Duke wins the tiebreaker with GT in the coastal right? Is the only hope for GT to get to the ACCCG is for Miami to win out or Duke to lose another game?

Oh snap, Duke goes down.

Georgia Tech future!

Duke still holds the tiebreaker with the H2H win, but they have to beat Carolina this week. Last game is against Wake Forest.

I'm not sure what the tiebreaker looks like if Miami wins out, but hopefully Florida State will make it a moot point tonight.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Duke began giving this game away at the beginning of the 2nd quarter, never stopped.

Oh well. Basketball school.

Listening to the game last night with the team getting fast breaks from steals and one stop stops, I thought, this sounds like the Duke Basketball of old.

Well, the football team kept their end of the bargain too!

GO BIG RED!!

Obviously, I hope Nebraska just demolishes them, but with Ameer at anything but 100%, our ongoing injury issues on both sides of the ball, and the worst C-QB exchange in all of division, I am not going to kid myself here: We need to play nearly perfect to win.

Whoever wins, I predict freedom will be had.

Jamesways

So when Wisc lost to NM I went on a rant about them finishing 7-5. Funny thing is, they still might. Neb, Iowa, and Mn left.

I have a a feeling they're all going to be really tough games.

bachikarn

Not sure how Muschamp is to blame for the botched punt.

Really? The offensive play calling was so conservative that you leave yourself for shit like to happen. If he wasn't so scared to pass we could have picked up some first downs (or points) and ended the game.

For real, though. All 17 of VT's points were off turnovers. One of them, they drove the length of the field, so that's a bonus for them, but if Duke had scored that drive, it could have been 17-0 or 13-0. The other two TOs resulted in short fields for VT which they converted to 10 points.

And the QB position for Duke once again had accuracy problems, which have been a problem all year with overthrows and underthrows. 18 of 40 in passing. Guh. Some of that is pressure, but it's been happening all year. Balls at receivers' feet or 5 yards over their heads.

Jamesways

GO BIG RED!!

Oh no you don't, not with our QBs giving you at least 2 INTs today.

Edit- or some good fumbles for you.

shit.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Ameer is a slippery fellow.

Good to see Tommy run a designed play, too. He has been so hesitant to run anything the past few weeks

Pimpwerx

I'd like to wish Muschamp the best in his future endeavors

Maybe it's fitting that the Ole Ballcoach serves him his walking papers. The coach of the greatest era of Gators football puts an end to the worst era of Gators football. I can hope anyway. The Muschamp years have been miserable. PEACE.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
For real, though. All 17 of VT's points were off turnovers. One of them, they drove the length of the field, so that's a bonus for them, but if Duke had scored that drive, it could have been 17-0 or 13-0. The other two TOs resulted in short fields for VT which they converted to 10 points.

And the QB position for Duke once again had accuracy problems, which have been a problem all year with overthrows and underthrows. 18 of 40 in passing. Guh. Some of that is pressure, but it's been happening all year. Balls at receivers' feet or 5 yards over their heads.

Boone sucks, but with only two games left this year I doubt Cut pulls him in favor of Sirk. Given how Thad and Renfree played their senior seasons at Duke, Cut had no idea how bad Boone would self destruct. I think they've won some games in spite of him.

Maybe it's fitting that the Ole Ballcoach serves him his walking papers. The coach of the greatest era of Gators football puts an end to the worst era of Gators football. I can hope anyway. The Muschamp years have been miserable. PEACE.

Yeah I won't miss these years.

As much as we want to, let's not forget the rough times of the Zook era.

Gators need to get back to being a speed team. This brand doesn't work in the SEC.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Lucky we and they didn't get hands to the face penalties...

Bounced off of a WIsconsin player, and then a Nebraska guy tried to jump on it...stupid play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom