• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 13: This months reading assignment: No More Prisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

Yeah I'm really out of them now.

It does help explain things that you have Willie Martinez coaching your secondary, I believe. He was our defensive coordinator. He was famous for having 3rd and long renamed to 3rd and Willie since they'd always give up huge plays. He also loves giving thumbs up.

Guess I'm now rooting for Arkansas. If Mizzou represents the East it won't even be a game for whoever they play from the West. They are awful. Just not quite as awful as Tennessee.

Really it is just we don't have enough players right now.

lush

Yeah, if anything we saved Georgia embarrassment in the SEC Championship. Doesn't matter who goes, they're getting curbstomped.

andycapps

Yeah, if anything we saved Georgia embarrassment in the SEC Championship. Doesn't matter who goes, they're getting curbstomped.
I wouldn't say that. Mizzou will get curbstomped. I wouldn't pick us but I think we have a good chance if we make it there.

lush

I wouldn't say that. Mizzou will get curbstomped. I wouldn't pick us but I think we have a good chance if we make it there.

Georgia is Georgia. Annual underachievers with superior talent. Until they prove otherwise I'll never believe they're contenders. I like Richt but I think you guys will have to move on to get to the next level.

Honestly, Georgia has never been that offensive to me versus the rest of the SEC for whatever reason.

Mizzou will just have to beat Arkansas to become back to back SEC-E champs.

Arky ends up with 3 consecutive shutouts.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If it's Alabama/Georgia, I at least know our strength lines up well against their strength (run D vs. Run O).

But at this point, I don't have alot of confidence in the offense to get past Auburn, Georgia, or anyone in the playoffs if they make it there. There's no consistent play.

If Yeldon gets healthy and they run Tyren Jones instead of Henry, I'd feel better. I'd feel alot better if Sims can get his accuracy back, and for Cooper to stop dropping the easy passes.

Can't wait for the ACC champ game.

Team chop block vs.
giphy.gif

stopjameis.0.gif

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
If it's Alabama/Georgia, I at least know our strength lines up well against their strength (run D vs. Run O).

But at this point, I don't have alot of confidence in the offense to get past Auburn, Georgia, or anyone in the playoffs if they make it there. There's no consistent play.

If Yeldon gets healthy and they run Tyren Jones instead of Henry, I'd feel better. I'd feel alot better if Sims can get his accuracy back, and for Cooper to stop dropping the easy passes.
I think Sims played pretty well today. His lone INT was a result of C. Sims and Stewart idiotically taking each other out of the play.

Florida State had a designed hurry-up play, ref was on the wrong side of the line preventing the snap because they ruled there was an offensive substitution. Hilarity ensued.

What the fuck is this shit?

I don't think anyone should be surprised, but Jimbo Fisher supported Winston's actions saying they were unintentional.

Jimbo Fisher needs to a take a long, hard look in the mirror, because he's either one of the largest enablers of the modern football era or he's a complete fucking idiot.

mre

Florida State had a designed hurry-up play, ref was on the wrong side of the line preventing the snap because they ruled there was an offensive substitution. Hilarity ensued.
how is that hilarious? the ref is telling him to back the fuck off, Winston pushes him out of his way and just gets away with it?

Lonestar

I think Sims played pretty well today. His lone INT was a result of C. Sims and Stewart idiotically taking each other out of the play.

I don't fault that on him. Just another game of alot of drops (though the game was 90% backup WR's) They showed some ability that maybe the future isn't horrible at WR, but they aren't ready now.

Mostly Henry being horrible outside of runs designed to have him get into space, and horrible ref's. 2 touchdowns, one after an "inadvertent whistle overturns a fumble recovery" and another scored on an incomplete pass that no one reviewed...

Maybe I'm still upset at Kiffikens continue to be too cute when Fowler up the middle looks like a play we should have ran alot this year. He's running like Henry should be.

Also: Winston absolutely should have been ejected. Refs suck, but you can't dictate their position on the field with a shove.

lush

Jesus christ. Horrible timeout management. Refs suck too, called on the field but not announced, fuck out of here.

Enron

Banned
Holy shit Tennessee's coach is the dumbest mother fucker in college football. Seriously, their AD should fire him TONIGHT in the locker room in front of his team. Wow.

mre

I don't fault that on him. Just another game of alot of drops (though the game was 90% backup WR's) They showed some ability that maybe the future isn't horrible at WR, but they aren't ready now.

Mostly Henry being horrible outside of runs designed to have him get into space, and horrible ref's. 2 touchdowns, one after an "inadvertent whistle overturns a fumble recovery" and another scored on an incomplete pass that no one reviewed...

Maybe I'm still upset at Kiffikens continue to be too cute when Fowler up the middle looks like a play we should have ran alot this year. He's running like Henry should be.
Yeah, Henry is really underwhelming. Fowler ran timid at times this year and had a fumble, so I don't blame Kiffin for not running that more.

We have good depth at receiver (Black, Sims, Stewart and Foster), but Stewart might be out next week with a strained knee.

Jones reminded me a lot of Ingram with his running style. He really impressed me with his vision.

B.K.

Holy shit Tennessee's coach is the dumbest mother fucker in college football. Seriously, their AD should fire him TONIGHT in the locker room in front of his team. Wow.

If they didn't fire Dooley for losing to Kentucky, they won't fire Jones for this.

Lonestar

Maybe Fowler ran timid when I wasn't looking, and I do remember that laughable fumble, but that reads more like he surprised himself by how open that run was that he coughed it up.

He ran like a beast today.

But Jones has looked sharp and angry with every carry (in the 3 games they've let him play)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom