• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 14: Brought to you by the letter I: Incidental and Insignificant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of mismatched rivalries, have there ever been cases of schools changing the "rivalry" games to play other schools instead? I asked someone today if there are other rivalries as lopsided as the UGA GT history, and the person I asked said not really.

I imagine alumni would complain if anyone tried to mix things up, though.

Draconian

Speaking of mismatched rivalries, have there ever been cases of schools changing the "rivalry" games to play other schools instead? I asked someone today if there are other rivalries as lopsided as the UGA GT history, and the person I asked said not really.

See Notre Dame/Navy for an example of a more lopsided "rivalry."

Unless there's a conference change, I can't really think of any off the top of my head.

Edit: Does Notre Dame/Michigan count?

Oklahoma/Ok St is far worse among others.

Blizzard

Banned
See Notre Dame/Navy for an example of a more lopsided "rivalry."
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that one. Interesting reading about it -- sounds like they actually try to do it as a respect thing instead of a hate-each-other thing.

It looks like they don't play it on the post-Thanksgiving "rivalry" week though.

MIMIC

Banned
FSU down early? I could swear I've seen this before.
ziquXlT.gif

Meier

Cook back to the locker room apparently. We are fucked if he's out. Our only consistent run threat.

Jesus Christ, enough with this horrific field position off the kickoffs. This is killing us.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Hey, Gata. If your FG kicker is about to graduate with eligibility, we have a graduate level program he might be interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom