• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 14: Brought to you by the letter I: Incidental and Insignificant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
"I DONT CARE IF THEYYY ARE PLAYING THE GREEN BAY PACKERS BARF"

I think drunk Nick Saban from the future just called the Paul Finebaum show.

Chumly

I find it funny that they are talking like Bam, Oregon and Florida state are already in the Playoff................. What happens if anyone of them lose next week....... Hmmmm

Phenomic

I find it funny that they are talking like Bam, Oregon and Florida state are already in the Playoff................. What happens if anyone of them lose next week....... Hmmmm

While I guess it should affect things I almost feel like the top 4 teams should come from the regular season. Lets say Mississippi State won out today. They probably would have gotten in to the playoff without even having to play the SEC Championship. Is that fair exactly?

They have to consecutively go one less week than Bama would have if they happen to lose to Mizzou.

This doesn't even count the conferences that don't actually have a final game.

Bama showing it deserves to be No. 1 team. Will be a hard one to beat.

'Bama
Oregon
FSU
TCU / Baylor (Baylor to make it in if they win against K-State next week)

tOSU outside looking in (will need outside help)

Bama showing it deserves to be No. 1 team. Will be a hard one to beat.

'Bama
Oregon
FSU
TCU / Baylor (Baylor to make it in if they win against K-State next week)

tOSU outside looking in (will need outside help)

If all those teams win out, tOSU would be 12-1 compared to TCu/Baylor's 11-1 record though. Committee needs to punish TCU/Baylor for not playing a CCG

Chumly

While I guess it should affect things I almost feel like the top 4 teams should come from the regular season. Lets say Mississippi State won out today. They probably would have gotten in to the playoff without even having to play the SEC Championship. Is that fair exactly?

They have to consecutively go one less week than Bama would have if they happen to lose to Mizzou.

This doesn't even count the conferences that don't actually have a final game.

Well the big 12 already plays 9 games so really they should be complaining why other pansy conferences only play 8 games and maybe 9 if you are in the championship game.

But that is also why not winning the championship should be a major factor. So for example.... Ohio State (if they would win next week) should automatically be in front of Mississippi state (had they won).

jerd

ESPN: "a very good Mizzou team"

STFU, ESPN. Mizzou is dogshit. Losing against Indiana is inexcusable.

I hope Mizzou defies logic and wins next week for the sheer chaos/ prospect of an SEC free playoff

I mean, I'm a Mizzou fan but that barely even registers on the list of reasons I want them to win

If all those teams win out, tOSU would be 12-1 compared to TCu/Baylor's 11-1 record though. Committee needs to punish TCU/Baylor for not playing a CCG

It's Big12's fault, though.

I guess you are right. tOSU is really the wildcard here. Depends how well that new QB does against Wiscy. If they do well and win, then they are in, I guess. However, Baylor stands a good chance of making it regardless if they blow out K-State like TCU did.

It's unfortunately out of TCU's hands at this point, although I think they are by far the most deserving team of the three.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hated we gave up that last touchdown.

If Oregon can hit every deep pass like Auburn, no chance.

Fuck you Auburn, get the hell back on your schoolbus and head home to your barren plains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom