• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 14: Brought to you by the letter I: Incidental and Insignificant

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

5ApM5W9.jpg

Survey says: Seems like it

Needs to let his Bama Bangs down. It's okay, they'll fix that West coast style when they get him on campus.

This is Jacob Eason in the middle. Just looks like an average kid to me. Ben Cleveland on the left (5 star tackle) looks like The Mountain. And he just turned 16.

cashman

Banned
Apparently the presser for Morris to SMU is at 4pm today. It's 2 mil a year, so it's surprising to me that he took the job. I don't know if 800k a year is worth it to coach that dumpster fire of a program, but maybe he just wanted to get back to Texas.

Either way, let the OC search begin! I can't imagine it'll be hard to convince someone to coach Deshaun Watson for 1.2 million bucks.

Lincoln Riley would be an obvious choice.

cdyhybrid

I don't post in the CBB thread because I'm not a fan of an ACC team or Kentucky.

No one watches the Pac-12 in any sport anyway.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
This recent talk is like the opposite side of the same coin.

And the Big Ten finds its way into the basketball thread, it just normally takes until after football season for that to happen. Kentucky, Carolina, and Duke fans don't normally have such distractions.
Fellow Bama fans, they apparently don't find us to be obnoxious. We've failed. :(

Roll Tide. SECSECSEC. Let's go poison some trees to make caskets for the Tigers of Missourah, whom I sincerely hope we will provide a woodshed beating as an early Christmas present. Roll Tide. Get 'em Gumps. SECSECSEC. B1G sucks. etc. etc. etc.

Lincoln Riley would be an obvious choice.

Yeah, his name has been thrown around a lot, but I don't enjoy that air raid dink and dunk passing offense. I prefer more running plays.

I think Lashlee would be a great hire, though I don't know if he'd leave Auburn. Also, I'm not sure how much he really does since Malzahn calls all the plays.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fellow Bama fans, they apparently don't find us to be obnoxious. We've failed. :(

Roll Tide. SECSECSEC. Let's go poison some trees to make caskets for the Tigers of Missourah, whom I sincerely hope we will provide a woodshed beating as an early Christmas present. Roll Tide. Get 'em Gumps. SECSECSEC. B1G sucks. etc. etc. etc.

There's only 2 of us, we're outnumbered, fo sho.

Embrace your ACC side.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Clearly I'm just not posting enough. I've barely watched any football though because my schedule sucks. First year since I've been on GAF I haven't participated in the pick'em too.

I did get to watch the Iron Bowl with the family at least, and I think I was the only one that wasn't stressed.

Draxal

Will you name any of your children Crimson?

I picked up a ticket to the Pac-12 Championship Game on Friday night. I have a couple of friends that went to Arizona, and they convinced me to go. Now I just have to figure out how to get down there since traffic is going to be a mess and public transportation to Levi's is a disaster.

I don't post in the CBB thread because I'm not a fan of an ACC team or Kentucky.

No one watches the Pac-12 in any sport anyway.
I post in there occasionally, but there aren't many Pac-12 people.

Lonestar

Iron Bowl averages 13,529,000 viewers & 7.4 rtg: ESPN's most-viewed & high-rated reg-ssn cfb game on record (since 1990)

Not too shabby for a consolation game to Indiana's SEC championship

Mrbob

@ESPNStatsInfo 21h21 hours ago
JT Barrett impact? OSU would be -4.5 vs WISC if he were healthy. Now WISC expected to open 2.5-pt favorite (Westgate Las Vegas Superbook)

In all the games Urban has been an underdog in at OSU he is undefeated.

All those 4 and 5 star recruits, lose one QB and now considered an underdog. Amazing.

Even the ACC stomped the SEC East.

Which allowed the Big 12 to jump ahead of the SEC in the power rankings this week. The SEC-E is really holding the SEC-W back.

My suggestion? SEC-West becomes their own conference by adding Texas and Oklahoma making it a 9 team league. A round robin of 8 conference games are played, and 4 OOC. Top 4 finishers in the conference make the 4 team playoffs

It's because I'm not active. I need to post more and go on more rants like I did after the ole miss game

THERE'S NOT ENOUGH BAMA IN ALL YALL REGULAR BAMA POSTERS!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Which allowed the Big 12 to jump ahead of the SEC in the power rankings this week. The SEC-E is really holding the SEC-W back.

My suggestion? SEC-West becomes their own conference by adding Texas and Oklahoma making it a 9 team league. A round robin of 8 conference games are played, and 4 OOC. Top 4 finishers in the conference make the 4 team playoffs

I knew you Texas fans would end up missing A&M.

andycapps

One side of the conference typically drags the other down. SEC East could have said the same about the west about 10 years ago. Things are cyclical. I do look forward to the day when Bama is restored to their rightful place in the middle of the pack in the West.
:)

EAST CONF OVERALL
Georgia 6-2 11-3
Tennessee 6-2 10-3
Florida 6-2 8-5
South Carolina 2-6 5-7
Kentucky 1-7 4-8
Vanderbilt 1-7 2-10
WEST CONF OVERALL
LSU 7-1 13-1
Ole Miss 7-1 10-3
Auburn 5-3 8-5
Arkansas 4-4 9-4
Alabama 2-6 4-9
Mississippi State 1-7 2-10

EAST CONF OVERALL
Tennessee 7-1 10-3
Georgia 6-2 10-2
Florida 4-4 7-5
South Carolina 4-4 6-5
Kentucky 1-7 2-9
Vanderbilt 1-7 2-9
WEST CONF OVERALL
Auburn 8-0 13-0
LSU 6-2 9-3
Alabama 3-5 6-6
Arkansas 3-5 5-6
Ole Miss 3-5 4-7
Mississippi State 2-6 3-8

EAST CONF OVERALL
Georgia 6-2 10-3
Florida 5-3 9-3
South Carolina 5-3 7-5
Tennessee 3-5 5-6
Vanderbilt 3-5 5-6
Kentucky 2-6 3-8
WEST CONF OVERALL
LSU 7-1 11-2
Auburn 7-1 9-3
Alabama 6-2 10-2
Arkansas 2-6 4-7
Ole Miss 1-7 3-8
Mississippi State 1-7 3-8

@ESPNStatsInfo 21h21 hours ago
JT Barrett impact? OSU would be -4.5 vs WISC if he were healthy. Now WISC expected to open 2.5-pt favorite (Westgate Las Vegas Superbook)

In all the games Urban has been an underdog in at OSU he is undefeated.

Yes, however, Urban holds a 0-1 record in the B1GCCG
;-)

Before the injury I'd give a healthy edge to OSU, now I see it as a clean 50/50 tossup.

One side of the conference typically drags the other down. SEC East could have said the same about the west about 10 years ago. Things are cyclical. I do look forward to the day when Bama is restored to their rightful place in the middle of the pack in the West.

Yeah, I don't miss the Big 12 north. They sucked as long as I could remember, but apparently Colorado and Nebraska had a few years of greatness.

eh.....

2014 interdivision games: SEC West 10-4 (wow Missouri/Georgia won both of their games and nobody else did)
2003: SEC West 11-7
2004: SEC West 10-8
2005: 9-9 tie

not really :p

edit: just for the hell of it, why not (interdivision play in each major conference this year)
SEC: 10-4 West
ACC: 7-7 tie
Big 10: 7-7 tie
Pac 12: 15-9 South (geez Oregon's schedule would've been weak if they didn't have that much crossover in the Pac 12)

Mrbob

Cool.

If Melvin Gordon gets injured in practice this week we'll be sure to not cut Wisconsin any slack for it. That's no excuse!

If the Badgers had Ohio States roster I would agree! Not saying the JT injury doesn't hurt, but Ohio State being the underdog now is a funny narrative. Poor Urbz and his team devoid of talent.

andycapps

eh.....

2014 interdivision games: SEC West 10-4 (wow Missouri/Georgia won both of their games and nobody else did)
2003: SEC West 11-7
2004: SEC West 10-8
2005: 9-9 tie

not really :p

Ha, well this year is an anomaly. Not our fault that everyone else sucks. I mean, I'm pissed enough about how our own season turned out but it could always be much worse as I look at the other teams in the east.

Lonestar

As soon as the NCAA decides to Come At Us Bro, then we'll oblige. But not a second moment too soon.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Even if you could get around the politics of leaving Tech and Oklahoma State behind, having only 9 teams would probably have a pretty noticeable affect on the TV contract. IIRC the Big 12 would have lost their contract completely a few years ago when they almost dropped down to 9 teams, which is why adding TCU was so important at the time even though they didn't make "normal" conference expansion sense (ex. didn't add a new market).

Would be a bit different if your conference STARTED with only 9 schools, of course, but I imagine some kind of expansion requirement would have to be built in.

And thus ends my response which takes your post far more seriously than it was likely intended.

andycapps

As soon as the NCAA decides to Come At Us Bro, then we'll oblige. But not a second moment too soon.

I don't think it's up to the NCAA, it's up to Saban and whenever he wants to leave. There is no program out there that will not regress to some degree when losing a coach of his caliber. There are no surefire replacements, ever. At best, it's a 50/50 chance. All these schools looking for coaches will find that out.

Even if you could get around the politics of leaving Tech and Oklahoma State behind, having only 9 teams would probably have a pretty noticeable affect on the TV contract. IIRC the Big 12 would have lost their contract completely a few years ago when they almost dropped down to 9 teams, which is why adding TCU was so important at the time even though they didn't make "normal" conference expansion sense (ex. didn't add a new market).

Would be a bit different if your conference STARTED with only 9 schools, of course, but I imagine some kind of expansion requirement would have to be built in.

heh, my post wasn't meant to be taken seriously, as I attempted to make evident by the last sentence in said post. But you're right, a 9 team conference would make it tough to get a tv contract in line with other power conferences.

Also, so much for "One True Champion!" Apparently we interpreted the motto all wrong, as bowlsby clarifies...

"'One True Champion' is really about everybody playing everybody," Bowlsby said. "That's the right way to do it."

"We believe that playing everyone every year is the right way to determine a champion," he said, "even if ends in a tie."

So as long as TCU defeats Iowa St., the Big 12 is guaranteed co-champions of either TCU/Baylor or TCU/K-State

"what color is a mirror"

My mind is blown.

tweets like this really make me reflect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom