• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 14: Brought to you by the letter I: Incidental and Insignificant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to believe any report suggesting that Hoke is staying.

Not a fucking chance. Fans, students, and—most importantly—donors will go apeshit.

Only 14 games next week, so ttk will only be able to cut 4 games from his pickem. I'm assuming Iowa St @ TCU will be one of them. Then again guessing the MOV would be a challenge in itself.

Piggus

marshall_hendersonauburn.gif

Fucking lol at the dude in the white shirt just smiling.

$9.95 saying that Nebraska boosters are highly interested in Jim Tressel. Can he even coach again yet?

Schools can hire coaches serving a show-cause. They just have to do some special reporting with the NCAA. I imagine he's done with the show-cause anyway? How many years has it been?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Also, more than likely, we'd have some quality QB's on the roster when he signed on. Having to live with GMAC and early AJ, and still had good enough offenses to win championships.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Bad News

AJC

Georgia Tech will likely have to attempt to win the ACC championship against Florida State without one of its top playmakers. Wide receiver DeAndre Smelter, the team’s leading receiver, is doubtful for Saturday’s game after injuring his knee in the Yellow Jackets’ win over Georgia Saturday, coach Paul Johnson said Sunday.

Probably want the new ad in place. I understand it ... but man it sucks for Michigan fans.

As I understand it, Hackett is on for a year or two; it will be his job to both fire Hoke and hire the new guy.

And just because FLA and NEB already fired their coaches doesn't mean there's anything unusual about waiting until Monday or Tuesday, or hell, Friday.

The modest standard at Michigan is three losses, and even that's disappointing; four losses is traditionally a shitty season. Hoke has lost five or more three straight years. There's no fucking way he's coming back.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If one Sabanite doesn't work try again.

He's a bit more under the John L. Hot Piss Smith and Pat Hill tree, as he was with Smith at Louisville and Michigan State, then in the NFL, to Fresno State. He brought in the Pistol and all the formation movements to Alabama, but kept it conservative most of the time for Saban.

But hey, if you want to give Saban credit, why not.

jjasper

He's a bit more under the John L. Hot Piss Smith and Pat Hill tree, as he was with Smith at Louisville and Michigan State, then in the NFL, to Fresno State. He brought in the Pistol and all the formation movements to Alabama, but kept it conservative most of the time for Saban.

But hey, if you want to give Saban credit, why not.

I know it was more of a joke than anything. It would be like calling Kiffin a Sabanite when he becomes a head coach again.

Losing to Georgia Tech will be so much better than losing to Florida.

Hey now, don't lose the plot. There are millions of people that need something to live for. Being mad at Florida State continuing to win is just that thing for an awful lot of people. Look around this thread, for crying out loud. Don't take that from them. Don't you dare take that from them.

@FootballScoop 13m13 minutes ago
Well now, per SB Nation, Hugh Freeze has an offer in hand from Florida “in the range of $4.2 million”. Ole Miss making push w close to $4M

and here .....we....go

bachikarn

It's going to come out of left field. Foley doesn't let shit like this leak. Everyone was blind sided by Muschamp, and I think we are going to see the same thing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom