• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

ACC should be

Big East
Miami
BC
Vtech
Pitt
Syracuse
Louisville
FSU

Old ACC
UVA
North Carolina
Wake
Duke
NC State
Clemson
GTech

Wasn't Baylor oh so close to playing for a championship last year too? Then they got UCF and shit the bed. lol I hope they are paired up with Boise St. so they can cry ( and lose ) again

The Old B12 south loves it's division afterall as well, but the B12 north was salty. It's kinda the same in the B1G with the Big West being a little grumpy, but they're stronger overall than the old B12 north.

Most of the B1G West should be pretty happy with it. Teams like Minnesota, Northwestern, and Iowa (lol Ferentz) would probably never have a realistic shot at getting in the title game if they were in the East, but they do in the West.

They were made so FSU would play Miami in the title game.

So the same stupid logic as Legends/Leaders, basically. That makes sense.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
here comes the top 25

7 to 25
Mississippi State
Michigan State
Ole Miss
Arizona
Kansas State
Georgia Tech
Georgia
UCLA
Arizona State
Missouri
Wisconsin
Auburn
Boise State
Louisville
Utah
LSU
USC
Minnesota

Most of the B1G West should be pretty happy with it. Teams like Minnesota, Northwestern, and Iowa (lol Ferentz) would probably never have a realistic shot at getting in the title game if they were in the East, but they do in the West.

That's only part of it. They also travel less to Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, which inhibits recruiting, and they host those teams less often, which inhibits ticket sales (revenue).

That's basically the ACC's problem (it's not a big problem for now, but it could become one). The new teams would like to both go to and get visits from other teams more often.

Mississippi State moved over Michigan State?

That hosed the ACC a bit. The expectation last week was for a Sparty/Chop Block matchup in the Orange that would have opened a slot for the ACC in the Citrus. With the SEC in the Orange, that puts the Big Ten back into the Citrus (and no ACC team).

Draxal

They're kinda salty of not being to able to sell visits on the Shoe and the Big House. But yeah Michigan and Ohio State made out like bandits in the new realignment, get to NYC and Washington DC with all their alumni base being there, and still have the key games retained for them.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
B4Re1spIEAAIX2R.jpg:large

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Pretty much. It was expected that Miami would be a powerhouse, and Florida State would be a powerhouse, and these two would face each other more often than not for the title.

Since the inception of the ACC CCG, Miami has not appeared even once. Oh well.

Lets not act like the Atlantic division has been carrying the weight of the ACC for all these years. FSU was trash towards the end of the Bowden era and Clemson was not any better. Lets not forget Wake Forest won the conference in 06. VT was the most consistently successful team up to until 5 years ago

Lets not act like the Atlantic division has been carrying the weight of the ACC for all these years. FSU was trash towards the end of the Bowden era and Clemson was not any better. Lets not forget Wake Forest won the conference in 06. VT was the most consistently successful team up to until 5 years ago

Oh, that's definitely true. Virginia Tech was carrying the conference during the latter half of the last decade, no doubt about that. They filled the role carved out for Miami and covered for Florida State, to an extent, though the league itself fared poorly in the BCS games.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Here's what I would have gone with for the thread title if I was choosing: CFB Playoffs: Consistency is Hobgoblin of Small Minds

inm8num2

Looks like Spartan fans are upset about being jumped by Miss St. I don't care much either way. I think playing Baylor is going to be one hell of a matchup.

Bama's good for sure but they also barely beat Arkansas and needed OT against LSU who barely beat Wisconsin. Everyone plays some games closer than they should like OSU against Penn State. I'm expecting a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom