• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
What they really out to do is standardize the conferences at 14 a piece

Force the Pac-12 to take BYU and someone else (SDSU?)
Big 12 would add Cincy, Louisville, Houston, and SMU.

Then it's fair for all the power conferences.

Fuck that. I'll wait till ACC or B10 crumbles and then we have massive realignment with 4 super conferences and PAC-12 picks up Texas and Oklahoma like was remarkably close to happening a few years ago.

jjasper

SEC is basically waiting for the bowl's other teams to be picked before they decide where to send people. Wish they would hurry up.

Draxal

Insiders stating we're playing Cult St in the pinstripe. We should win that I think...provided Boone doesn't go full retard.

Ingram is not doing anything right now, and probably won't be risked the rest of the season. I'm sure he'll vote for Amari.

Penn St is a weird team, their offensive line is so bad that they can't do anything on O, but their D is seriously one of the best in the country. Penn State was locked into the Pinstripe since forever.

Fuck that. I'll wait till ACC or B10 crumbles and then we have massive realignment with 4 super conferences and PAC-12 picks up Texas and Oklahoma like was remarkably close to happening a few years ago.

B12 is the weakest of the power 5 right now. B10 is the strongest even if their football sucks

inm8num2

Damn I just realized Baylor is going to air it out all day against MSU's secondary.

Briles just needs to watch tape of the losses to Oregon and OSU. Then he can join Urban's company in "knowing something".

Idle Miss. St. jumping idle Michigan State says more to me about the committee's "process" than the #4 debacle does. Otherwise, whatever, Baylor's a fine matchup.

My contribution for thread title:
CFB Bowl Thread |OT| Tears Cried Universally

bowl games outside the playoff bowls matter even less than they did in the bcs era. At least before you could hang your hat on winning a BCS bowl, but that shit doesnt even exist anymore.

Seems about the same to me.

Damn I just realized Baylor is going to air it out all day against MSU's secondary.

Briles just needs to watch tape of the losses to Oregon and OSU. Then he can join Urban's company in "knowing something".

Yeah, Drummond and Co. and the pass rush are going to have to lay on pressure.

Draxal

Idle Miss. St. jumping idle Michigan State says more to me about the committee's "process" than the #4 debacle does. Otherwise, whatever, Baylor's a fine matchup.

Orange Bowl is the better bowl, but Baylor is the better opponent. Beating them would be huge for the B1G.

inm8num2

Yeah, Drummond and Co. and the pass rush are going to have to lay on pressure.

In Nardawg I trust.

Orange Bowl is the better bowl, but Baylor is the better opponent. Beating them would be huge for the B1G.

Yea, while Baylor is a much tougher matchup it's what you want if you're Dantonio. I'm not implying MSU would've been guaranteed to beat GT, though. Not at all - that would have been one hell of a smash mouth game.

MSU has a chance to reach 11 wins in 4 of the last 5 seasons, so I'm just happy to see the program having some staying power. I hope it lasts.

I do like the matchup better & could care less about bowl "prestige" outside of the playoff (and Rose Bowl in non-playoff years), but I personally have no desire to travel to Dallas whereas I was considering Miami. Saves me some coin for the future, I guess.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
They did set it up, for the B12 teams to give the middle finger to an SEC team and a B1G team (since everyone hates the SEC, and the B1G is the reason that TCU/Baylor are out)

jjasper

Yeah I just saw that. I don't like the matchup
but oh well...

Its not official yet just really been the running suspicion for a while now and WVU is official so I think people are just assuming it is going to happen. We will find out soon though now that Mizzou to the Citrus is official

Tennessee will be a fun match up. Everyone on my Mom's side of the family has attended/been fans of WVU, and on my Dad's side has been all UT. Plus its better than that projection because Arky won't be running for 600 yards on us.

Lonestar

UAB officially not going to a bowl game, confirmed by Conference USA.

Last game has been played.

Lonestar

Michael Bonnette ‏@LSUBonnette 9m9 minutes ago
For those interested, SEC just sent email saying they are looking at a 4:30 p.m. CT announcement on 6 remaining bowls for league
saban.0.gif

jjasper

Sec bowls
Citrus:Mizzou
Outback: Auburn
Texas: Arkansas
Music City: LSU
Belk: UGA
Liberty: Texas A&M
Gator:

(Maybe)

Also the sec setup is kind of fucking over fans as other schools are able to buy tickets while SEC fans have to sit and wait. .

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Sec bowls
Citrus:Mizzou
Outback: Auburn
Texas: Arkansas
Music City: LSU
Belk: UGA
Liberty: Tennessee
Gator:

(Maybe)

Also the sec setup is kind of fucking over fans as other schools are able to buy tickets while SEC fans have to sit and wait. .

We better bring our A game
and buy a new offensive line
because that is not a favorable matchup.

Lonestar

Probably known already
JOX Roundtable ‏@JOXRoundtable 8m8 minutes ago
No. 19 Auburn will play No. 18 Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl in Tampa on Jan. 1 (11:00 a.m. CT/ESPN2)

Consolation game for the Iron Bowl and B1G CCG losers.

Clay Travis ‏@ClayTravisBGID 13m13 minutes ago
Georgia against Louisville in Charlotte per @McMurphyESPN, SEC favored in 11 of 12 bowl games. Georgia will probably Georgia it though.

cashman

Banned
looks like UT vs A&M is happening. LSU and Arkansas are off the board according to reports.

edit: whoops, looks like Texas vs Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom