• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saban's went the same as the playoff committee
Alabama
Oregon
FSU
OSUn
Baylor
TCU

saban.0.gif

haha

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Bama's good for sure but they also barely beat Arkansas and needed OT against LSU who barely beat Wisconsin. Everyone plays some games closer than they should like OSU against Penn State. I'm expecting a good game.

Well that same transitive property says Duke 41, FSU 37

bowl games outside the playoff bowls matter even less than they did in the bcs era. At least before you could hang your hat on winning a BCS bowl, but that shit doesnt even exist anymore.

bowl games outside the playoff bowls matter even less than they did in the bcs era. At least before you could hang your hat on winning a BCS bowl, but that shit doesnt even exist anymore.

I think the bowl games in the Playoff rotation will maintain a certain cachet like the old BCS bowls did, but they haven't really been given any sort of memorable designation.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Oklahoma did beat Bama last season......

It can happen!!

True, but lets be honest, all hope died with that team in the iron bowl. Oklahoma beat the piss out of Bama because Bama had checked out.

I still think tOSU can give them a game though. This is not 2011 Alabama.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
True, but lets be honest, all hope died with that team in the iron bowl. Oklahoma beat the piss out of Bama because Bama had checked out.

That, and 5 turnovers is not a winning strategy. AJ went Oprah that day.

People have been saying this since and i feel like its a cop out and disingenuous to how OU performed.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
People have been saying this since and i feel like its a cop out and disingenuous to how OU performed.

Oklahoma played great, but I had seen that Alabama team play enough to tell they had checked out. Maybe not at the beginning of the game but they really didn't have any fight. Oklahoma played that game as a good chance for their marquee program to win one over another marquee program. Alabama did not play that way at all.

cdyhybrid

Early projections have us in the Cactus Bowl vs. Xerox U.

That should be a fun game. I'm just glad we got the practices, though.

Oklahoma played great, but I had seen that Alabama team play enough to tell they had checked out. Maybe not at the beginning of the game but they really didn't have any fight. Oklahoma played that game as a good chance for their marquee program to win one over another marquee program. Alabama did not play that way at all.

One might say they weren't playing Bama football.

This result also confirms the devaluing of the regular season. Basically you can be mediocre all year (maybe even losing a game or two), get hot the last couple of weeks and make it in.

One thing the BCS nailed was looking at the complete body of work. Game 1 in the season was as important as Game 12. It does suck that the first few games don't hold the importance or meaning they did back in the BCS era. Was fun back when Colorado State could prevent Colorado from getting a national championship. Less fun this year when an average Virginia Tech can't ruin the Big 10 champion's season.

EDIT: Also I hope the Big 12 isn't pressured into expanding when there really is no need. If they feel pressured to add a 10th game (as a championship or maybe a rematch of the top two ranked teams in the league) that's fine, but why devalue your conference with shitty teams.

Big 10 has been down in recent years and they didn't do themselves any favors (strength-wise) adding Maryland and Rutgers.
The defending outright Big XII champ UCF Fighting Citroknights would like to have a word with you. There are a few non shitty teams out there still.

I can't decide between

|OT| One True Champion*

and

|OT| A Dangerous Precendent

so maybe I should go all Big 12 on it and declare them co-titles

|OT| One True Champion Sets A Dangerous Precedent

inm8num2

They should be, because it's bullshit.

But yeah, Cotton Bowl looks good.

but it doesn't even matter

(also Michigan State has 0 quality wins, Nebraska is their best one)

Yea, while I'm a Spartan through and through they really don't have any quality wins and got defensively exposed by Oregon and OSU. Still a top 10 team, but difficult to say how good they really are. That's why I think playing Baylor can help answer that question.

Damn, what an eight-team playoff might have been this year. It works out so well.

Damn.

Yesterday after that Bama/Mizzou game I was convinced we had almost no chance of making the playoff.

Thank so so much, Wisconsin, for shitting the bed, running to the bathroom, and then shitting all over the toilet seat.

Alcibiades

The defending outright Big XII champ UCF Fighting Citroknights would like to have a word with you. There are a few non shitty teams out there still.

Hey I'm actually a fan of UCF, especially O'Leary. They have a good recruiting location and solid coach.

I think Boise St. is pretty good too.

Biggest issue is the name brand power of the schools and geography.

I'm glad Delaney leaned on the OB to take Mississippi State, and thus ensuring the B10 didn't need to give up its Citrus Bowl spot.

Allows for all B10 teams to make a bowl game.

Lonestar

The real question is, did Lane start clapping a couple moments before the announcement?

QaEbOpw.jpg

I'm glad Delaney leaned on the OB to take Mississippi State, and thus ensuring the B10 didn't need to give up its Citrus Bowl spot.

Allows for all B10 teams to make a bowl game.

getting 2 SEC teams in these "NY6" games, lets all of our bowl teams get in as well.

ag-my001

Loving all the ridiculousness of the committee. Logic has no place in their board room. I'll also give props to Wiscy for losing so badly that this even became slightly defensible, though how they're still in the Top 20 (when everyone knew they shouldn't have been 13 before), I'll never know.

For a more lighthearted topic, I don't think the people at Kohl's know much about college football traditions. Any chance they're sponsoring a bowl game?

At least Bowlby is now saying "We will look at the benefit of adding more institutions". Today is the first time since going to 10 teams that the head of the Big 12 has said anything other than "We are perfectly happy with 10 institutions"

On ESPN's front page poll about who will win the CFP, it seems it's divided between Oregon and Alabama nation/world-wide with only the state of Ohio being delusional...

Lonestar

Absolutely has a chance. Gordon is awesome but I don't think he should get a first place vote after last night.

I'll assume Cooper grabs a handful of Southern #1 votes.

Irish Illustrated ‏@NDatRivals 41m41 minutes ago
CBS Sports projects Notre Dame vs. Texas A&M in the Belk Bowl in a battle of the season's two most premature Heisman campaigns.
booooo

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Insiders stating we're playing Cult St in the pinstripe. We should win that I think...provided Boone doesn't go full retard.

I'll assume Cooper grabs a handful of Southern #1 votes

Ingram is not doing anything right now, and probably won't be risked the rest of the season. I'm sure he'll vote for Amari.

Lonestar

I'm with you, Lonestar. An A&M/TU bowl game every 3-4 years is exactly what we need to start bringing the yearly game back.

Though, it would be better than that early prediction I posted, where A&M is at Legion Field vs. Memphis. Ughhh, "decline Legion Field" is the only piece of advice you should listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom