• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
In true Dabo fashion, Dabo Dabo'd his OC search and just decided to promote two position coaches who have no OC experience to co-coordinator positions without even bothering to do a national search. Time to temper my expectations for the Deshaun Watson era.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm happy as long as Baylor gets left out.

I'm actually hoping that all of the top 6 win to make it obvious that 4 teams isnt enough.

FSU fans must be getting at least a little uncomfortable now. Just imagine if we had a 2 team playoff this year. Undefeated FSU would definitely be left out.

C4Lukins

I think the rankings are spot on.

Just to go the defending TCU route. They have two more quality wins then Baylor, and the best loss of all six with their loss at Baylor by 3 in a game where TCU got screwed.

I think in the end the top 4 should be clear, because there is a good chance 2 teams will lose next week. I still do not feel TCU is safe. 3 through 6 is super close, and if TCU has any trouble with Iowa State then I think two winning teams would jump them.

So this image on ESPN leaked BEFORE the rankings were released, even though before every rankings show the hosts tell the viewers "We're seeing these rankings the same time as you"

B34zDD_CcAE0EGl.0.jpg

If they win they're in.

If they lose they deserve to be out.

They clearly haven't been one of the best teams this season, they've simply won a bunch of close games.

Maybe Jimbo should just accept that it is figure skating...or whatever analogy he used. bottom line, yeah squeaking by shit teams can hurt you

Maybe Jimbo should just accept that it is figure skating...or whatever analogy he used. bottom line, yeah squeaking by shit teams can hurt you
But losing doesn't apparently.

I get people don't like FSU and everything, but I can't even justify this. The committee has basically repeatedly said a quality loss is better than a close win. Just illogical.

C4Lukins

Haha nice. To be fair I honestly do think this is Oregon's year. But I'd be happy to be proven wrong ;)

I think they have a good shot . I know as a TCU fan, if we were to make the playoffs, the team I would like to play in the first round goes in this order

1. Florida State
2. Ohio State (because of the injury)
3. Baylor
4. It is a wash.

If Marshall was still undefeated, would they still be ranked below 4 loss teams this week?

If Fresno beats Boise, who gets their new years spot?

Draxal

If Marshall was still undefeated, would they still be ranked below 4 loss teams this week?

If Fresno beats Boise, who gets their new years spot?

Probably their SOS is beyond pathetic.

I guess Marshall or Northern Illinois if they win their CChamp games.

C4Lukins

They still lost, FSU hasn't lost. FSU didn't schedule chumps OOC as well.

No but their conference is full of chumps and time after time they are having to pull a rabbit out of their hat to win. That Florida game was the worst game of football I can recall. It looked like both quarterbacks were trying to throw the game.

B1G Coach of the Year is the biggest fucking joke of an award ever.

An Ohio State coach hasn't won it in more than three decades. Brady Fucking Hoke has more B1G CoY awards than Jim Tressel and Urban Meyer combined.

Just rename it the "Most Improved Coach Award" because that's what it is.

Kacar

Nah. It's just really goddamned irritating that an Ohio State coach hasn't won the award since 1979.

But seriously, congrats to Jerry Kill. I'm sure he totally won't end up being fired within four years like most B1G CoY winners are.

Except what is it 4 time winner Kirk Faerentz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom