• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 6: Michigan Men Play Through Concussions

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
so that tackle was slightly towards the horsecollar-type of tackle, plus a leg whip to drag him down (and breaking the leg).

So, countdown till "they" ban that sort of tackle?

Texas A&M by 8
Tennessee by 5
Alabama by 14
Oklahoma by 17
Stanford by 8
Wisconsin by 25
Auburn by 15
Rutgers by 5
Miami by 10
Michigan State by 17

Mark Helfrich is 3-3 in his last 6 Pac 12 games.

Chip Kelly was 33-3 in his career at Oregon.

The winner of Cal WSU will be in first in the Pac-12 North.

With BYU officially out of the playoff picture, I guess Notre Dame is the last real non-P5 threat to make it into the playoffs. Marshall will probably finish the season undefeated but their SOS is more akin to Ball State in 2009

I see that Gameday is going to be at The Grove, Im going to have to watch it now.

Unfortunately the Ole Miss v Bama game is not on tv here.

We will only get four games live on tonight/tomorrow morning here it looks like: TexasAM v Miss St, Stanford v ND, tOSU v Maryland, and then Nebraska v Michigan St.

Bloody MLB finals are taking ma' college football away!!!

andycapps

I see that Gameday is going to be at The Grove, Im going to have to watch it now.

Unfortunately the Ole Miss v Bama game is not on tv here.

We will only get four games live on tonight/tomorrow morning here it looks like: TexasAM v Miss St, Stanford v ND, tOSU v Maryland, and then Nebraska v Michigan St.

Bloody MLB finals are taking ma' college football away!!!
Hey at least you get to watch tOSU take on Maryland. That should be a fun game..

Tom Rinaldi quoting Katy Perry lyrics at end of Sportscenter. This must be the end. Of everything.

Hey at least you get to watch tOSU take on Maryland. That should be a fun game..

I wont be watching it; the TexasAM and tOSU games start at 130am here.

I will probably only get to see the end of the Stanford v ND game and the Nebraska v Michigan st game.

a fark, just turned onto the channel which is supposed to be playing the College Gameday and there is live tennis on - the China Open match with Brdych v Klizan. Berdych with match point so hopefully gets it and then they can cross over to the Grove!

andycapps

I hope the Gameday folks bring up that the combined record of both Mississippi schools against power 5 teams is 1-12. I doubt it.

I hope the Gameday folks bring up that the combined record of both Mississippi schools against power 5 teams is 1-12. I doubt it.

since when???

As I said to Bucknucitus earlier, comparing previous years' college teams against each other is almost pointless.

Today will be a big test for both teams, what happens if they both win? Playoff talk will be unbelievable!

To think that five weeks ago, people (on this forum) were already saying the regular season was now pointless in the playoff era. This weekend is huge!

Jhriad

Wake up and see that BYU lost. Sucks for them but at least I don't have to hear more national title talk from another team with a garbage schedule.

Nah, they've got to continue to talk up the entirety of the SEC. Any inconvenient facts that bring that greatness into doubt will be swept under the rug.

since when???

As I said to Bucknucitus earlier, comparing previous years' college teams against each other is almost pointless.

Today will be a big test for both teams, what happens if they both win? Playoff talk will be unbelievable!

To think that five weeks ago, people (on this forum) were already saying the regular season was now pointless in the playoff era. This weekend is huge!
Lol stuff like that is brought up all the time. Heck they just dedicated a segment talking about how Tennessee hasn't beat Florida in 9 tries.

Edit: Not only did BYU lose, Teysom Hill broke his leg and is now out for the season.

Slo

Remind me, what was the storied program that took Michigan behind the shed last week?

afb65db8-d518-460e-bf55-874e8de3987d.jpg

I don't like noon games for Homecoming. That meant our parade was at 9 AM, too damn early in the morning!

they actually still do parades!?!

Man, I wish I went to college in the US. From watching this gameday in the grove and hearing about the homecoming parades, I imagine its just like revenge of the nerds!

Tamanon

Banned

Man, I wish I went to college in the US. From watching this gameday in the grove and hearing about the homecoming parades, I imagine its just like revenge of the nerds!

It wasn't a big deal, all the frats and sororities, then a bunch of marching bands from ECU and the local high schools. T-shirts, beads, candy being thrown around.

Hell, I was shocked there were still people who cared about being Homecoming King and Queen.

It wasn't a big deal, all the frats and sororities, then a bunch of marching bands from ECU and the local high schools. T-shirts, beads, candy being thrown around.

Hell, I was shocked there were still people who cared about being Homecoming King and Queen.
Compared to high school, I couldn't find anyone who cared about homecoming crownings my entire time at college.

Jhriad

Homecoming isn't a big deal for most students though tailgating, as you see with those setups in the grove, IS a big deal at a lot of schools and is a pretty great experience.

ryseing

State got rid of homecoming king/queen. It's more of a service focused award now.

GAF, it's a wonderful Saturday morning. Gorgeous outside, Gameday is on, I have Chik Fil A breakfast, there's a great slate of games on, and we have a good shot at getting our first conference win in forever. Go Pack!

Jhriad

lol Samantha Ponder like so... Nobody underage can sneak in, right?

Underage drinking and college students do not mix. Ever.

Shame on you for insinuating something so unlikely to happen. The virginal youths in our universities only have a small glass of wine upon turning 21 and then they return to their studies. I, for one, am proud of our future American workforce in maintaining a mature and disciplined approach to their personal development.

ag-my001

I will be missing the A&M game to attend a festival in Baltimore. Should still be a lot of fun with how the last two O's games went.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Prepping to go watch Ameer Abdulah run head-first into a Big Green Wall.

Guarantee Ameer runs for at least 150 on them. More if he stays healthy all game. Nebraska matches up well against MSU, so I expect the game to be high scoring and close, even if it is cold and rainy.

Someone with a Please don't poison our trees sign.

This actually seems like a genuinely good tailgate. Ours is getting there, but it's not on this level yet.

Jhriad

Guarantee Ameer runs for at least 150 on them. More if he stays healthy all game. Nebraska matches up well against MSU, so I expect the game to be high scoring and close, even if it is cold and rainy.

I don't know about 150+ but depending on how healthy he is after tweaking his knee last week I see him doing decently. The bigger question is whether or not Armstrong throws the ball to defenders multiple times today and whether or not he checks down to those underneath routes instead of looking for those long throws. If Tommy can keep MSU honest and limits turnovers Ameer should have some room to run. I know the weather isn't exactly great for passing today but we can't abandon the pass entirely and expect to win the game.

On the other side of the ball can State's o-line step up and protect Conner Cook from Nebraska's d-line? Cook has a fast release so they shouldn't have to protect for long and with our weakness at linebacker he's going to have holes to throw to in the middle of the field. It's an interesting match-up and here's hoping for a clean, injury free game for both teams.

Draxal

Texas A&M @ Mississippi State by 10
Florida @ Tennessee by 4
Alabama @ Ole Miss by 4
Oklahoma @ TCU by4
Stanford @ Notre Dame by 4
Wisconsin @ Northwestern by 4
LSU @ Auburn by 14
Michigan @ Rutgers by 1869
Miami @ Georgia Tech by 4
Nebraska @ Michigan State by 4

Draconian