• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 6: Michigan Men Play Through Concussions

pxleyes

Banned
zYoXyCA.png

:(
At least you tried. :)

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
LeBron James ‏@KingJames 4h4 hours ago
Hey Drew Bledsoe just saw your special with Rick Reilly. I wanna try your wine out as well. Looks great! Can u ship to Ohio?

I have something LeBron doesn't! Also, my bottle is signed by Drew himself! I went to his tasting room last October and it really is some of the best wine I've ever had. Worth the $85 a bottle.

Speaking of...

You know, Charlie Weis is available, Michigan. If anyone knows about Michigan, it would be Weis, thanks to that storied Notre Dame/Michigan rivalry.

MIchigan's AD released a statement: http://deadspin.com/michigan-ad-blames-communication-for-re-insertion-of-co-1640649258

Shocking no one who saw the play, Shane Morris has a high ankle sprain.

Oh, wait sorry, a high ankle sprain and a concussion.

Naturally, the AD says this wasn't clear from the field, because when the only thing preventing Morris from falling to the ground was the lineman holding him up trying to take him to the sideline before getting waved back onto the field by the coaches, trainers, and medical professionals on the sideline.

Also, despite being 2 days later, Brady Hoke said Shane Morris didn't have a concussion during the Monday presser, because of bad communication. I suppose looking at game tape is hard to do being coach, and then knowing that you are about to only get questions about one damn thing, you don't ask the medical staff what's up with your quarterback.

Finally, the chief medical officer or whatever on the sideline didn't know he had a concussion, and only treated him for his leg. So no one had eyes on the quarterback stumbling to the sidelines? No one saw the hit on their quarterback? No one was yelling about targeting and the roughing the passer penalty?

Burn the whole thing down, Michigan's football team is full of morons.

I read that Weiss guy has been paid out $4.5m from his Notre dame and Kansas dismissals....how do you become a college football coach???

Seriously though, getting a gig at one of these massive football schools must be one of the plumbest jobs going around. You get hired for five years or so as you can argue it takes that long to get the recruits you want. Then You can get an extension with a mediocre record and can always blame it on the recruits when you keep going shit! Then you'll go get another job at a smaller school.

Why would you want to go to the spotlight and stress of the nfl for not much more...

Still can't believe that Hoke tried to deny that Morris had a concussion when it was so totally fucking obvious.

Also, :lol at Brandon releasing the statement at 12:52 a.m., like he's somehow going to sneak it past everyone.

I also love how Hoke's absurd refusal to wear a headset is directly contributing to his downfall. What a dong.

Fire these fuckers, Michigan.

Yeah his wife is even good looking. Super easy decision.
I meant more on the no brainer side. I didn't even know about the wife!

Unlike UCF's coach, Weis actually coached Notre Dame.
Speaking of O'Leary, our former defensive coordinator of like 2 months is suing the school for wrongful termination. Claimed GOL said some racist stuff and that he never actually resigned.

Fun stuff!

Considering their wanton disregard for player safety and horrible P.R. skills, perhaps Hoke and/or Brandon could land a job at NFL corporate once they both get fired.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm so disappointed in the SCAR melt. Calling for Spurrier to step down or be fired? The same Spurrier who brought you your first string of 11 win seasons in your program's history? Also, not a single reference to Spurrier's golf addiction during said melt?

I will say this, though. This may be the single greatest line in the meltdown's storied history:

Fuck this I'm going to eat a grilled cheese.​

Limedust

I'm so disappointed in the SCAR melt. Calling for Spurrier to step down or be fired? The same Spurrier who brought you your first string of 11 win seasons in your program's history? Also, not a single reference to Spurrier's golf addiction during said melt?

I will say this, though. This may be the single greatest line in the meltdown's storied history:

Fuck this I'm going to eat a grilled cheese.​

I thought this one was way funnier than it really is:

Thus far I am not enjoying The Sludgefartening.

andycapps

I read that Weiss guy has been paid out $4.5m from his Notre dame and Kansas dismissals....how do you become a college football coach???

Seriously though, getting a gig at one of these massive football schools must be one of the plumbest jobs going around. You get hired for five years or so as you can argue it takes that long to get the recruits you want. Then You can get an extension with a mediocre record and can always blame it on the recruits when you keep going shit! Then you'll go get another job at a smaller school.

Why would you want to go to the spotlight and stress of the nfl for not much more...

Well he came from the NFL. He made his reputation there on Belichick's staff at the Jets and then at the Patriots. As far as why people keep giving him jobs in college.. Who knows. Really Kansas giving him a job isn't too shocking, they're a shitty football program. If another top team gave him a job, that would be something. I don't think he's capable of working with the players that he's got at the college level, he's used to having NFL talent to carry out his "decided schematic advantage."

Apparently George O'Leary is getting sued for racist remarks?

The suit alleges that O'Leary used a derogatory word for African-Americans and called the NFL "one big 'Ru-Ru' tribe." The suit also alleges O'Leary once advised coaches to check African-American players "to make sure their gums are blue, because they are bigger, faster and stronger than (African-American players) with red gums."

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
MIchigan's AD released a statement: http://deadspin.com/michigan-ad-blames-communication-for-re-insertion-of-co-1640649258

Shocking no one who saw the play, Shane Morris has a high ankle sprain.

Oh, wait sorry, a high ankle sprain and a concussion..
Holy shit if this is true that Brandon wanted the medical staff to lie about Morris having a concussion:
https://twitter.com/mgoblog said:
mgoblog
‏@mgoblog
This statement took so long because the medical staff refused to lie.

mgoblog @mgoblog
This was a day-long fistfight over whether and how Michigan would admit they played a concussed player.

inm8num2

Michigan should beg for RichRod to come back. At least he never had people play through obvious concussion symptoms

He did get in trouble for exceeding allowable practice time, though. ;)

Brandon's statement is terrible. Released at 1am hoping it wouldn't get as much attention? Didn't share medical information with Hoke prior to yesterday's press conference? The guy is seemingly throwing Hoke under the bus in the hope of saving his own skin.

It's kind of unfortunate that Michigan plays Rutgers on the road.

A home game against Rutgers a week after this shit went down would have been the perfect time for a student/fan boycott of the game.

He's suing for wrongful termination. He sent an email that looked like he was done claiming those statements and him not liking the direction of the defense. He then packed up and flew back to Maine. UCF moved on and hired a new coordinator. But Ferraro claimed he never quit and is being fired for whistle blowing over the alleged racial comments.

He has been trying to settle for the past few months and obviously UCF has not caved. Enter lawsuit.

As for the allegations, his lawyer acknowledges it went through the proper channels of investigation. He also acknowledges when he was questioned by the officials about it, he did not fully describe the alleged events. After that, he didn't hear anything from the school.

Reading the email in combination with him flying to Maine, I'd take that as a resignation, but I don't know. He had a phrase as "this isn't what I signed up for" when referring to the defensive scheme.

UCF put out a statement saying nobody he claims witnessed any possible statement has corroborated his information and the lawsuit is baseless, etc., etc. The also say he never reached out again until he was looking to talk about monetary settlements.

We'll see. Sucks to have that hanging around regardless. Thank you based god for Brady Hoke.

Edit: Full complaint.
http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx
Case No: 2014-CA-010117-O

UCF Statement:

UCF immediately investigated the allegations Mr. Ferraro made when he abruptly abandoned his job. The university's Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action office found the allegations to be untrue," said UCF Vice President for Communications and Marketing Grant Heston. "None of the individuals alleged to have been the subject of, or to have overhead, these supposed statements corroborated Mr. Ferraro's claims. In fact, until seeking compensation after abandoning his job, it does not appear he ever discussed this with anyone at UCF.

I obviously don't know the details of Hoke's contract, but isn't it possible that they could terminate him for cause and perhaps be off the hook for a buyout?

Top Bottom