• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 8: Biased Pollsters Prevent America from Experiencing Game of the Century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that annoys me about bitching about our schedule is that we play OkSt, ND and UF this year. It isn't our fault that OkSt and UF aren't great this year.

It was set up to be such a strong schedule but it is turning out weaker than expected.

I agree but the issue with FSU is this year they aren't blowing out people, which they did last year and made it easier to overcome the fact that the schedule was a total cakewalk.

Slo

Unfucking real, Cunt city. Motherfucking cunt city, You pussies didn't realize it but hopfullye you do now. Notre Dame will never get a fair shake. I wanna fucking puke cuz that was shameful and downright disgusting

image.php

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Unfucking real, Cunt city. Motherfucking cunt city, You pussies didn't realize it but hopfullye you do now. Notre Dame will never get a fair shake. I wanna fucking puke cuz that was shameful and downright disgusting

Lol.

We could have our own meltdown section on BamaRoll!

KingGondo

Banned
Fuck Notre Dame.

You know how bad you feel right now? That's nothing compared to how the girl who killed herself after getting raped by one of your players felt. Or how the family of the kid who got killed on the scissor lift felt.

Get some perspective you whiny shit.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Fuck Notre Dame.

You know how bad you feel right now? That's nothing compared to how the girl who killed herself after getting raped by one of your players felt. Or how the family of the kid who got killed on the scissor lift felt.

Well that isn't necessary.

Jonm1010

Banned
Could of called defensive PI a number of times but instead they call Offensive PI on that play. I hate ND but that was some BS.

They aren't properly investigating the matter. The fact that this happened well over a year ago, and they keep going back and fourth, back and fourth should hint fishiness. They are covering up the fact that anything happened until this season is over at the least.

How do you know that, though? Maybe there just isn't anything to talk about... and media needs something to put the pressure on an undefeated FSU for the second year running, because clearly the teams they are playing are struggling to do so...

Talon

Hmmm. So you are saying the announcers and refs were wrong about it being a rub or offensive PI (refs said PI, announces said pick)? Which is it? Also, it looked like he locked up right around the same time the ball was released. I have zero care about who won that game but that seemed odd.
Do you not watch football often? A "pick" or a "rub" is a colloquial term for when an offensive player "picks" or "rubs" a defender, freeing space for another receiver. The actual call itself is Offensive Pass Interference - as he hindered the defender from an opportunity at making a play at the ball by initiating contact.
How do you know that, though? Maybe there just isn't anything to talk about... and media needs something to put the pressure on an undefeated FSU for the second year running, because clearly the teams they are playing are struggling to do so...
There have been a number of stories - the largest one being a page 1 NYTimes story last week - about the coziness of the Tallahassee PD and Florida State athletics - that has squelched arrests over the years. You are free to do your own research instead of relying on other adults to spoon feed you everything by acting like a blind mouse.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
How exactly? He made contact with the DB within 5yds of the line of scrimmage? Is this some sort of illegal downfield block? Not sure how it is a pick or a rub.

Ok. Just re-watched it and he definitely made contact before the QB released the ball. But it was within 5yds of the line of scrimmage. Seems odd to call offensive PI.

knicks

Fuck Notre Dame.

I love this response. A+. Fuck both of these programs. Disgusting stuff. Makes it even more gross that prestigious schools like Vanderbilt even has these kinds of problems though. CFB disgusts me.

Zigzz14

Maybe we should join the BIG TEN , I don't know. That was a southern fried fucking. A team of bad people , coached by an awful man just won.

Hmmm. So you are saying the announcers and refs were wrong about it being a rub or offensive PI (refs said PI, announces said pick)? Which is it? Also, it looked like he locked up right around the same time the ball was released. I have zero care about who won that game but that seemed odd.

Could have called offensive PI (also known as a pick play) or holding because he wouldn't let the defender get to his man. A rub is a much lesser version of a pick teams try to get away with just brushing bodies with the defender in their way. He had his arms extended grabbing the DB making it obviously illegal.

Branduil

What happened? Please, enlighten me. You see to know so much about the situation...

Jameis Winston raped a girl. The police then covered it up with the help of Florida State. You can read all about it with the help of a handy google search.

Shit. You got me. You single-handedly made me completely think, without a shadow of a doubt, by your sound logic and reasoning, that he, most certainly, committed rape.
If there's one thing that fans of football programs that have been accused of crimes are known for, it's sound logic and reasoning.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Please do not turn CFB gaf into NFL gaf. I get it. Lots of people hate ND, and thats fine, but thats a tough loss so egging them on with this stuff isn't helping the atmosphere here. FSU and ND both have their fair share of bad shit, every college does.

Trey

Ok. Just re-watched it and he definitely made contact before the QB released the ball. But it was within 5yds of the line of scrimmage. Seems odd to call offensive PI.

He initiates contact with the defender before the ball is in the air, and maintains contact while the ball was in the air, which affected the defender's ability to make a legitimate play on the ball, which is OPI.

Talon

Please do not turn CFB gaf into NFL gaf. I get it. Lots of people hate ND, and thats fine, but thats a tough loss so egging them on with this stuff isn't helping the atmosphere here. FSU and ND both have their fair share of bad shit, every college does.
Let's not play the false equivalency game. Duke hasn't killed someone on a scissor lift.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Most of it is happening with people who showed up after the game too.

Definitely time to cool down.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Could have called offensive PI (also known as a pick play) or holding because he wouldn't let the defender get to his man. A rub is a much lesser version of a pick teams try to get away with just brushing bodies with the defender in their way. He had his arms extended grabbing the DB making it obviously illegal.

They didn't call holding.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Let's not play the false equivalency game. Duke hasn't killed someone on a scissor lift.

But its full of rich white racists and Coach K is con man tho.

Seriously though, I like the atmosphere of this place and don't want to see it get too angsty. I hate Paul Johnson and his football team, and anything UNC, but I'll joke with rare UNC fan that stops by and the GT guy who posts here seems nice. I don't want them to think I'm going to shit on their team and them by extension.

Zigzz14

Fuck Notre Dame.

What the fuck are you talking about? Rape? I have no clue what you are talking about. Oh, your talking about the girl who tried to kill herself twice before and finally succedded? Ok, you know they just were making out? Your an OSU fan right? Join the SEC SCUM.

The Declan Sullivan incident was a terrible tragedy and to make light of it shows your gigantic cuniness

Dsyndrome

Game's over, people don't need to act like when the Bush Push happened in '05. Am I mad ND lost? Yeah... Not the end of the world though... Let's go drinking!

KingGondo

Banned
Maybe we should join the BIG TEN , I don't know. That was a southern fried fucking. A team of bad people , coached by an awful man just won.
Football isn't a contest of moral worthiness, as much as you'd like it to be.

Although maybe you should rethink that as a Notre Dame fan.

If hypocrisy and condescension were the measuring sticks, you guys would win the national title every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom