• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 8: Biased Pollsters Prevent America from Experiencing Game of the Century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
17 [ &#9650;19 ] Crimson Commie < 56 | 62 > ( 13 / 8 )

Week 7 High Score: 14 by GodfatherX, Randolph Freelander
Most Overall Picks: 10 by GodfatherX
Most MoV Picks: 5 by PurpleCheeto, CrimsonCommie, Draxal, Yaboosh, Randolph Freelander, AntoneM

OVuVZ8e.png

Moving up!

Sorry to hear about your dog :(

Lol that was great

Thanks again to everyone for their condolences about my dog. It actually really helped me a lot.

Cal is my LOCK OF THE WEEK over a reeling ucla. Gotta pick the bears over the baby bears.

Draxal

Thanks again to everyone for their condolences about my dog. It actually really helped me a lot.

Cal is my LOCK OF THE WEEK over a reeling ucla. Gotta pick the bears over the baby bears.

Ooph, sorry about your pet, but you gave it a wonderful home that most dogs never get so you did the right thing as he wasn't going to be happy living like htat.

Does Katie Nolan have a bigger role on FS1 than this low budget "No Filter" show? She's a potential sports comedy star that I just discovered her today while browsing youtube, and hopefully FS1 promotes her soon.

Her show focuses on "sports" so its not all CFB, but she did inform me about a giant lobster pretzel you can buy at the University of Maryland's football stadium.

Draxal

Does Katie Nolan have a bigger role on FS1 than this low budget "No Filter" show? She's a star, and I just discovered her today while browsing youtube, and hopefully FS1 promotes her soon.

Her show focuses on "sports" so its not all CFB, but she did inform me about a giant lobster pretzel you can buy at the University of Maryland's football stadium.

She got dumped for Mike Francesa.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/05/06/katie-nolan-took-a-shot-at-mike-francesa-on-crowd-goes-wild/

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Pittsburgh by 7
(THU) Utah @ Oregon State by 21
Kansas State @ Oklahoma by 3
Iowa @ Maryland by 6
Virginia @ Duke by 7
Texas A&M @ Alabama by 3
UCLA @ California by 6
Clemson @ Boston College by 4
Oklahoma State @ TCU by 8
Missouri @ Florida by 12
Notre Dame @ Florida State by 6
Stanford @ Arizona State by 2

Ooph, sorry about your pet, but you gave it a wonderful home that most dogs never get so you did the right thing as he wasn't going to be happy living like htat.

Yeah, one of the things we talked about was how spoiled and happy she was, and how good her life was overall. She always had a happy home and a family caring for her and paying attention to her. She didn't get in fights with other animals, she didn't have to worry about getting food and water, she didn't have to worry in general.

Which is what made it all the more hilarious when she first came into contact with another dog -- a little black labrador puppy a couple months old -- and she FLIPPED THE FUCK OUT and wanted nothing to do with it! She literally came and hid behind us, and refused to look at it. Super funny.

Anyway, those great memories make it all worthwhile. And yeah, we didn't want her to have to live in pain for our sake.

Yeah, one of the things we talked about was how spoiled and happy she was, and how good her life was overall. She always had a happy home and a family caring for her and paying attention to her. She didn't get in fights with other animals, she didn't have to worry about getting food and water, she didn't have to worry in general.

Which is what made it all the more hilarious when she first came into contact with another dog -- a little black labrador puppy a couple months old -- and she FLIPPED THE FUCK OUT and wanted nothing to do with it! She literally came and hid behind us, and refused to look at it. Super funny.

Anyway, those great memories make it all worthwhile. And yeah, we didn't want her to have to live in pain for our sake.

I think reflecting on the positives is what helps the most. I remember when I was in my final year of school and my parent's called and told me they had had to put down my dog. I was crushed, I barely even saw my dog at that point and I was still crushed.

But what helped was thinking about how my family had rescued him from the humane society when I was in middle school. We gave him like 9 more years than he might have had and he had a great life.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

One of my cats is basically only okay with adult humans. Children or any other type of animal enter the room and I think she just kind of blacks out and flies into a rage.

I think reflecting on the positives is what helps the most. I remember when I was in my final year of school and my parent's called and told me they had had to put down my dog. I was crushed, I barely even saw my dog at that point and I was still crushed.

But what helped was thinking about how my family had rescued him from the humane society when I was in middle school. We gave him like 9 more years than he might have had and he had a great life.

that's a great thing your family did, for sure. it's amazing the bonds we make with our pets.

One of my cats is basically only okay with adult humans. Children or any other type of animal enter the room and I think she just kind of blacks out and flies into a rage.
hahaha. my dog didn't get angry, she just got really, really scared. I don't think she ever got angry.

I wonder how pets get like that. I have a theory with my dog (she wasn't socialized with other dogs so I don't think she even saw another one for the first few years of her life) but any idea with your cat?

(THU) Utah @ Oregon State by 4
Kansas State @ Oklahoma by 10
Iowa @ Maryland by 4
Virginia @ Duke by 7
Texas A&M @ Alabama by 4
UCLA @ California by 7
Clemson @ Boston College by 14
Oklahoma State @ TCU by 10
Missouri @ Florida by 4
Notre Dame @ Florida State by 14 (aka fuck Notre Dame)
Stanford @ Arizona State by 4

Enfinit

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Pittsburgh by 4
Kansas State @ Oklahoma by 6
Iowa @ Maryland by 4
Virginia @ Duke by 4
Texas A&M @ Alabama by 10
UCLA @ California by 4
Oklahoma State @ TCU by 6
Missouri @ Florida by 6
Notre Dame @ Florida State by 10

andycapps

Nevermind, UGA is now saying they don't know when a final decision is coming. Richt made it sound earlier like he would know one way or the other before this weekend.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Iowa @ Maryland by 4
Virginia @ Duke by 4
UCLA @ California by 10
Oklahoma State @ TCU by 14
Missouri @ Florida by 10
Notre Dame @ Florida State by 7

It could be worse. Much worse.

When the Nikes came for the Ducks,
I remained silent;
I was not a Duck.

When they locked up the Bears,
I remained silent;
I was not a Bear.

When they came for the Broncos,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Bronco.

When they came for the Terrapins,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Terrapins.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Jay Sosa

GAF Pick'em Week 8 Games

Iowa @ Maryland by 4
Virginia @ Duke by 6
Texas A&M @ Alabama by 6
UCLA @ California by 10
Missouri @ Florida by 4
Notre Dame @ Florida State by 14

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Pittsburgh by 6
(THU) Utah @ Oregon State by 11
Kansas State @ Oklahoma by 9
Iowa @ Maryland by 7
Virginia @ Duke by 5
Texas A&M @ Alabama by 8
UCLA @ California by 14
Clemson @ Boston College by 7
Oklahoma State @ TCU by 11
Missouri @ Florida by 8
Stanford @ Arizona State by 5

Ganhyun

Iowa @ Maryland by 4
Virginia @ Duke by 6
Texas A&M @ Alabama by 6
UCLA @ California by 10
Missouri @ Florida by 4
Notre Dame @ Florida State by 14

GAF Pick'em Week 8 Games
*all games Saturday unless otherwise listed

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Pittsburgh by 5
Kansas State @ Oklahoma by 7
Iowa @ Maryland by 4
Virginia @ Duke by 6
Texas A&M @ Alabama by 6
UCLA @ California by 7
Oklahoma State @ TCU by 7
Missouri @ Florida by 4

I'll get the rest in later.

Edit: Goddammit I blew both the Thursday picks, and it turns out VT is just straight up terrible. Not "sorta bad". TERRIBLE.

Virginia Tech by 4
Oregon State by 4
Oklahoma by 10
Maryland by 4
Virginia by 4
Texas A&M by 10
UCLA by 4
Clemson by 4
Oklahoma State by 10
Florida by 4
Florida State by 10
Arizona State by 4

Kansas State @ Oklahoma by 13
Iowa @ Maryland by 10
Virginia @ Duke by 4
Texas A&M @ Alabama by 7
UCLA @ California by 14
Oklahoma State @ TCU by 13
Missouri @ Florida by 4

ag-my001

Virginia tech by 7
Utah by 7
Oklahoma by 4
Maryland by 7
Virginia by 7
Texas A&M by 7
what a great season to be Cal by 7
Clemson by 7
TCU by 10
Missouri by 4
FSU by 14
Arizona State by 7

Iowa @ Maryland by 4
Virginia @ Duke by 6
Texas A&M @ Alabama by 4
UCLA @ California by 7
Oklahoma State @ TCU by 10
Missouri @ Florida by 4

tokkun

(THU) Utah @ Oregon State by 7
Kansas State @ Oklahoma by 7
Iowa @ Maryland by 4
Virginia @ Duke by 4
Texas A&M @ Alabama by 4
UCLA @ California by 4
Missouri @ Florida by 4

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
hahaha. my dog didn't get angry, she just got really, really scared. I don't think she ever got angry.

I wonder how pets get like that. I have a theory with my dog (she wasn't socialized with other dogs so I don't think she even saw another one for the first few years of her life) but any idea with your cat?

I don't know if angry is the right word for it, I think she just totally freaks out and doesn't know how to handle it so her default behavior is to turn into a claw whirlwind if anything even remotely startling happens when there's a kid or other animal in the room. Never been much of a critical thinker, that one, so I think she just doesn't know what to do when presented with a creature of a type she's never had experience with.

The other cat is way too smart for his own good. No freak out problems with him.

I remember at our old apartment, there was a really nice stray cat that would come by every once in a while. If it was one of the times my male cat was outside, he would chase the stray about to the end of our building (20-30 yards or so) and then come back. The stray got used to this ritual. One day when our female (the freak out one) was out there, she saw the stray and started to chase it off; the stray got to the end of the building, slowed to a stop as he was used to, then turned around and saw my cat was still coming full bore. He couldn't get away in time, she collided with him full speed, and the ultimate end result was that she chased him across the entire complex and only stopped when she had him in a tree.
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-23470-Jeremiah-Johnson-nod-cropped-g-jtcK.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Recognizing the Longhorn for picking OSU but not the Red Raider that was first on the board with an OSU pick, eh?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XJB19qv.jpg

Pick'em Week 8 Games
*all games Saturday unless otherwise listed

(THU) Utah @ Oregon State by 6
Kansas State @ Oklahoma by 5
Iowa @ Maryland by 7
Virginia @ Duke by 4
UCLA @ California by 7
Oklahoma State @ TCU by 4
Missouri @ Florida by 7
Notre Dame @ Florida State by 20
Stanford @ Arizona State by 5

Almost forgot again.

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Pittsburgh by 8
Kansas State @ Oklahoma by 6
Iowa @ Maryland by 10
Virginia @ Duke by 6
Texas A&M @ Alabama by 7
UCLA @ California by 10
Oklahoma State @ TCU by 4
Missouri @ Florida by 10
Notre Dame @ Florida State by 6

They're shiny red with metallic silver grills.

I'd agree the facemask is a bit much, but their traditional facemasks are just that 70s-era cheap plastic flat grey - that's nothing they need to hang on to.

Frankly I think matte, metallic, matte-metallic and chrome have simply surpassed the old "plastic & gloss" look of the 90s and 00s, and when done right there's no reason not to be rocking one these days.

cdyhybrid

I'd agree the facemask is a bit much, but their traditional facemasks are just that 70s-era cheap plastic flat grey - that's nothing they need to hang on to.

Frankly I think matte, metallic, matte-metallic and chrome have simply surpassed the old "plastic & gloss" look of the 90s and 00s, and when done right there's no reason not to be rocking one these days.

xKue3Yh.jpg

3V8qFHN.png

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

I just wish we would go back to having the bass boat sparkles on our helmets.

MpVHbkX.png

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
(THU) Utah @ Oregon State by 7
Iowa @ Maryland by 4
Texas A&M @ Alabama by 4
UCLA @ California by 10
Missouri @ Florida by 4