• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFBWeek5: Clempsoning | klmsneng | Verb | to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Back to the death penalty days already. SMU needs a splash coaching hire like their basketball program.

They certainly have the money for it.
Who would want to go there, even for a lot of money?

They're approximarely 15th in the recruiting pecking order in their own state.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Seems like they're saying he didn't have possession on that in bounds step back at the 5 or 6 yard line, and his step at the 3 was clearly on the line.
LOL or, apparently, we fucked you guys over with a timely time out.

Seems like they're saying he didn't have possession on that in bounds step back at the 5 or 6 yard line, and his step at the 3 was clearly on the line.

Call was a timeout lol. Or I guess not? What the hell...

So timeout then no time out. Marked at the 3 when he was out at the 6. Then incomplete pass. NC State charged a timeout. 3rd Down when it should have been 4th. What.

Who would want to go there, even for a lot of money?

They're approximarely 15th in the recruiting pecking order in their own state.
Eh, there is probably plenty of talent to go around.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Should have won, blew it again. At least it wasn't the kick in the balls like last year.

This loss is worse for me because last year we needed half their team injured before we made a game out of it. This year we genuinely outplayed them but Worley out for a quarter + Hurd's fumble lost us the game.

The supply of talent isn't infinite, even in Texas.

The only way SMU was ever good was by cheating like crazy.
Rice and Houston manages to be competitive somewhat. UTSA is doing ok too it seems. Sure it isn't infinite but I think they can compete with the talent pool of those programs at least. Plus add in LA and Florida.

Their academic requirements hurts them I guess, though. I'm assuming they're higher than like a UTSA or something.

With June, they were competitive until he stopped giving a shit a couple years ago.

jjasper

This loss is worse for me because last year we needed half their team injured before we made a game out of it. This year we genuinely outplayed them but Worley out for a quarter + Hurd's fumble lost us the game.

True. But it's clear this team is light years beyond the last 3 years. So that's something I guess.

Enfinit

If this is how every game is gonna go, there's no way we make it through the season undefeated. There's also no way I make it through the season alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom