• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFBWeek5: Clempsoning | klmsneng | Verb | to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
From the TCU/SMU game -

TCUnoo.0.0_standard_709.0.gif

SMU may have actually scored two points in that game if they hadn't jumped offsides. I'm guessing that's the only reason that wasn't declared a safety for grounding in the endzone.
The supply of talent isn't infinite, even in Texas.

The only way SMU was ever good was by cheating like crazy.

I remember hearing a guy talking on the radio a few years back about some of the inherent disadvantages SMU has. Don't remember the specifics but a lot of it was about the majors they offer, something like how they don't have anything sports or kinesiology related or something like that.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Plantation, Florida?

Probably should rename the city.

Plantation may have a negative connotation to some people but at least it's still based on something that isn't inherently racist. Lots of plantations of various types still exist today with nary a slave to see.

This is as opposed to other unfortunately named cities such as, for example, White Settlement, which was literally named that to distinguish itself from a nearby Native American settlement. A name change to "West Settlement" was proposed in 2005 but was overwhelmingly rejected by local voters.

Talon

Plantation may have a negative connotation to some people but at least it's still based on something that isn't inherently racist. Lots of plantations of various types still exist today with nary a slave to see.

This is as opposed to other unfortunately named cities such as, for example, White Settlement, which was literally named that to distinguish itself from a nearby Native American settlement. A name change to "West Settlement" was proposed in 2005 but was overwhelmingly rejected by local voters.
In suburban Atlanta, about every third subdivision is named _________ Plantation.

Those are not references to Banana Plantations.

pxleyes

Banned
I mean, he does look like a goober.
7_185291.jpg

Goober
Well ya, but even I have to admit he won FSU a title. That earns you time, like him or not. He's a good old boy like Bobbu was. He's honestly a good fit for FSU.

Hooooollllyyy shit at that play. Ya, wish we had Brisset.

BlindRage

Lmao clicked on the thread and it took me to people making picks, I saw 2 people pick fsu by 17 & 24, 😂😂😂😂😂😂

pxleyes

Banned
"Florida fans must be so tortured right now. On the one hand, FSU losing. On the other hand, Brissett doing things Driskel hasn't."

So true.

Rflagg

Damn if nc state wins I hope this won't lead to two sec teams in the playoffs.

Edit: SOB Washington should have had a great td return, but a block in the back against someone who wouldn't have made the tackle stops it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom