• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Vecks

Finished 100 for the premium ticket. Took 3 souls, but probably could've done it in 2 if I didn't get one-shot by that skill that rained arrows down. I'll just be helping out now. Don't see much point going any further.

Is it worth it to get just one Tigre? Kinda tempted to get her since there's going to eventually be an archer raid and her poison would be useful. I don't want to have to LB her though since I am 10 rings shy of getting an MLB Sulstan when he gets released and I can probably make up those 70 rings before he goes away.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Got to the point where I can't take the demon down with one soul. Pulled a temperance wand thoug, so now both my Mages have one, plus a friend makes three. Still not enough though. I had three Mages, but I figure because you can't have more then three lined up on the demon I dropped one and replaced with a warrior as a meat shield. Could use fan fan for the 5-hit defence but then it'd mess my mana up.

Is there any point to use three souls? Seems like it'd be better to use single souls multiple times? That way you get your team fully recovered without using pryzma. If you use three souls your team is likely to be wiped out.

And can you have more than one demon at a time? I sent a request for help out, but then no more seemed to spawn. Was thinking to have a few demons at half health to speed things up :)

Rixa

Is there any point to use three souls? Seems like it'd be better to use single souls multiple times? That way you get your team fully recovered without using pryzma. If you use three souls your team is likely to be wiped out.

And can you have more than one demon at a time? I sent a request for help out, but then no more seemed to spawn. Was thinking to have a few demons at half health to speed things up :)

Only one demon to kill and after that is done comes new :).
No at this raid, there definetly is no use to get 200 sec time. Just use 1 per time.

desverger

Got to the point where I can't take the demon down with one soul. Pulled a temperance wand thoug, so now both my Mages have one, plus a friend makes three. Still not enough though. I had three Mages, but I figure because you can't have more then three lined up on the demon I dropped one and replaced with a warrior as a meat shield. Could use fan fan for the 5-hit defence but then it'd mess my mana up.

There's practically no point ever to use 3 souls at once. If you can make it to the demon alive, your best idea is to sacrifice almost everyone and use the mana you get from deaths to specials. There's no healer in the game atm that would keep your squad alive AND let you deal more damage in 3 souls instead of 1 soul at a time in later demon stages.

Also, you can only have one demon out at a time. And you can only send the help request after your first try with it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Thanks. I'm actually doing less damage than before - I guess that's a combination of more stages and the mid-boss running my clock down, and the demon hitting harder so she is wiping out my front line in a couple of hits.

Gizuko

OT: It seems they adressed the 3 souls option in jpCC: it doubles your stats and the time increase is lesser (<150seconds). It did during Tablibik. Also, guaranteed demon depending on number of pulls.

Sometimes I really wonder if the fact that gCC didn't launch with v2 (not Arcana/Story quests, but QoL improvements) was so that they had less programming to do (port newer raids to the older demons) and could earn more revenue. I honestly can't think of anything else, except for technical difficulty.

garath

Four more to lv80.. Does this finish tonight at 9PM UTC? Going to be tight. Each demon taking all three souls now.

Send some invites out to GAF friends. I know I'm just killing time with my souls. I'd rather help than climb. Especially now that I broke 83

Rixa

Damn. This is what happens when you go in with wrong party (my storyparty). It should have been easy demon kill. But nope.

1-CCArmiluswrongparty.PNG
Sorry guys :(

desverger

Damn. This is what happens when you go in with wrong party (my storyparty). It should have been easy demon kill. But nope.

Lol - I did wonder about your damage :p

I messed up my first two souls by doing dumb stuff, like getting characters killed with a full mana bar, so I'm pretty glad you guys pitched in and helped me kill it. Definitely stopping here, I can barely make it through the minions with my squad alive anymore.

Only got two demons this raid, the guaranteed ones from 50 and 80 - but a ton of rings and a Melvina so I'm definitely happy. I'm currently sitting at 250 ish rings, I think I managed to get almost 70-80 during this raid? If we get at least one more demon raid before Sulstan, I can actually MLB him without selling Armilus.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Completed 80, thanks for the help. Will use up what few souls I'll have for the rest of the evening helping others. Going to hold on to this Armilus in case I need the rings, but if not I'll use her to LB.

elty

Do they ever have guild so you can send your demon to the whole guild instead of just random 5 people? The current mechanic sucks because you never know whether that 5 people is actually online and you cannot send more than once.

BJK

I leveled up immediately after using that orb; no harm, no foul.

Inching towards 100 & the premium ticket. I'm at 97 now, and really didn't think I'd get here being in the mid 80s yesterday morning.

Trying to decide whether a LB2 Armilus would be better than LB0 + 40 FR. Going to keep the 50 reward and the 80 reward in my treasure chest for awhile, so as not to clutter up my inventory. Won't have much of any problem MLB-ing Frau, since I'm already at 303 rings, with a 3* or two I can toss when she's available.
Had been planning on getting 1 Paboa for the 15% XP boost, but with
Peishe
being available for free early on in V2, I'll probably just hold on to those rings.

Oreoleo

Do they ever have guild so you can send your demon to the whole guild instead of just random 5 people? The current mechanic sucks because you never know whether that 5 people is actually online and you cannot send more than once.

I got in the habit of checking which friends were active ('last seen 1 minute ago' or what have you) before I used my first soul on the demon. Alternatively, just refresh the list until you get a person or two with 'GAF' in their name to show up ;)

Yaari

Will probably stop at 110. Got pretty far without a single mage. Only just got my first non reward Demon so LB2 now.

Yaari

I'm stuck at like 73. =(
I want to see the party that can get you to 110 without mages.
Well, I do have to use my friend mages and it can take up to 4 orbs. But I figure it's better than waiting for friend requests that don't come up.

It's just Lindsey Coro Haruaki and LB1 Loletta. I get Aludra ready for stage 4 to clear minions and spam Lindsey skill on the boss.

Thank you Aki and all the others helping out. I think my next level is 80 and then I'm done except to help others if I can. My LB0 Minimo and warrior team just can't handle this raid.

Avalt

Big thanks to all who helped me get to lvl.80!!

Is it safe to assume the next raid will deal with spears? I want to prepare better for the next one :p

Merun

I have merely reached the level 56 *sigh* I will have to blame a very busy bad week and I suppose a fading interest in the game :s. I will continue to play for a while but less I suppose ( Dusty war sale doesn't help )

chrono01

That feeling when you check your phone after an extended time away and see a bunch of unfulfilled demon requests.

Sorry guys. ;_;

sibarraz

Banned
So how good was the loot for you guys in this event?

Considering that I dropped a filiana in the special recruit thing, plus 2 armilus, and spending 45 fortune rings to level filliana, I think that I did great since now Im sitting with 45 fortune rings, I should get my third tigre by the end of the month.

Also, I did what I think should be my last demon recruit with the last 320 coins that I had an I got an iris

chrono01

It was awful for me. A few 3*, no demon from the gatcha, nor any as drops. I made it up to Level 80 and then quit, it just wasn't worth my time. :/

BJK

Officially 0-2 in getting spare copies of the anti-demon weapon in these raids....but this time I managed to hit Lv. 100, albeit with a good deal of help from some heavy hitters.

Went from 185 Fortune Rings -> 309, without counting the 3 demons, a few 3* weapons I can sell if needed, and a few 3*'s I can safely toss once I level to the point I can get their Prysma quests.

elty

Last time: no Coro at lv103
This time: no Army at lv90

Shit luck is shit luck. Although I pull a Filiana with 4 premium ticket she doesn't seems to be that great. Stupid melee range skill.

bonkeng

Hello guys, anyone has a free friends slot? I just started a few days ago, but i keep dying on chapter 3. 4 times died at 3-9 :(

My party is Dannady 26, Nimpha 23, Harauki 16, Melvina 18. Sub PC 15

Other characters I have are Minimo 18, Roy 10, Dusty 17, Kain 23

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, why Im stuck so early.

Any suggestions are also welcome.

I like this game, but this is my first time playing this type of game.

If anyone can invite me as friend, my code is 189,209,901 (name = BonGAF)

Kettch

Hello guys, anyone has a free friends slot? I just started a few days ago, but i keep dying on chapter 3. 4 times died at 3-9 :(

I tossed you a friend request, though I'm not sure how much help my Nimpha will be for beating story quests.

One thing I would recommend is leveling up your characters a bit. Personally I like doing the Spark of Battle free quest for the guaranteed soldier enhancer. You can also enhance random arcana into the 2* arcana you get to up them to level 2, then enhance those into the character you want to level up. Need a lot of gold to do this though, so you'll want to run the Daily Gold quests on the weekend.

Oreoleo

Added. Don't really have any specific advice for you, other than don't underestimate the value of the per wave heal of the 'hero'/default character. He sorta hits like a chump but that passive is really valuable. Healing in general is really useful, consider working Minimo into your lineup for the additional passive heal and switch who tanks the hits each wave. Between Minimo and the Hero's passive heal, and your dedicated healer, you should be able to get to the boss wave at basically full health. The story chapters have some weird difficulty bumps though, I was stuck on 6-6 for-ev-er, then just sucked it up and burned 10 prysma to revive my team on the last wave, and am up to chapter 9 now like a week later without any struggle whatsoever. Don't be afraid to shoot friend requests to strangers with good characters. Having those high level helpers to draw from will help a ton.

Gizuko

I just pulled Celeya and Oguma Out of 4 pulls...
But I already have Orianna and LB2 Melvina. Well, at least Oguma has a chain story.

NightDX

Neo Member
Thanks to everyone who helped me during this raid.
If it wasn't for some filiana friends I would not been able to get to 83.

Still not a single decent DC pull...

If they had done the Ael Gloom raid first I would have a semi-decent 5* mage to help with this raid.

Reached demon level 100 tonight. Spent some fortune rings on vigor fruits and relied on some kind souls to help me get there. Got no temperance wands other the the one from the demon reward and no demon chests dropped nor any demon pulled. But at least the blue chest rate seems higher than in the past. Now to spend this premium ticket and get a 3* character.

bonkeng

I tossed you a friend request, though I'm not sure how much help my Nimpha will be for beating story quests.

One thing I would recommend is leveling up your characters a bit. Personally I like doing the Spark of Battle free quest for the guaranteed soldier enhancer. You can also enhance random arcana into the 2* arcana you get to up them to level 2, then enhance those into the character you want to level up. Need a lot of gold to do this though, so you'll want to run the Daily Gold quests on the weekend.

Thanks for the invite. This will help me clear some levels. Will try to grind at Spark Battle to gain a few level before continuing story.

Added. Don't really have any specific advice for you, other than don't underestimate the value of the per wave heal of the 'hero'/default character. He sorta hits like a chump but that passive is really valuable. Healing in general is really useful, consider working Minimo into your lineup for the additional passive heal and switch who tanks the hits each wave. Between Minimo and the Hero's passive heal, and your dedicated healer, you should be able to get to the boss wave at basically full health. The story chapters have some weird difficulty bumps though, I was stuck on 6-6 for-ev-er, then just sucked it up and burned 10 prysma to revive my team on the last wave, and am up to chapter 9 now like a week later without any struggle whatsoever. Don't be afraid to shoot friend requests to strangers with good characters. Having those high level helpers to draw from will help a ton.

I've been using Minimo before I got Melvina. Switched her out because i was thinking of melee party. I will reshuffle my party and see how it is. Thanks for the invite. At least I got 2 high level friend now :D

NightDX

Neo Member
Parchelle is awesome for knight teams. Massive self sustain with her skill and at lv60 she also gets a per wave heal.

Was trying to pull her but only got 3 stars.

Gizuko

Rolled 11 times at this Yggdra festival:

- Parchelle
- Febrya

Are they good?

Parchelle is life, as long as you need/can fit a tank. She is actually the best self-healing tank.

Febrya isn't bad per se, but her abilities unlock quite late. I'd rather have Rebecca, though.

garath

I have 10 premium tickets and 350 prysma... this event seems nice.. dare I?

Only made it to 83 with the demon raid.. Definitely could have gone higher but the only thing to look forward to was 100 and that was way out there. The game gave me 3 wands but no mages until the very last couple days. Leveling Minimo and Armilus now. Going to see if I have a nice B rare bow I won't mind parting with since I'm going to give Armilus whatever demon bow weapon the game requires whenever that event hits.

Now I need more cost. Haven't really been bothering with rank that much but starting to feel the hurt. Gonna do more story missions. Those are good for quick rank ups.

Top Bottom