• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

I managed to pull three Kilie's from the demon coins, game plz

At least I'm only like 2-3 more runs till I hit rank 50 and then I can stop with this raid

chrono01

Hmm.. I don't remember if I have you on my friend list. I'm garath in game too. My friend ID is 115422117 if you have room.

I just broke 70. It's taking me 2 souls per consistently now. All soldier team is definitely tougher. My lone Lizerotte is pretty good but her special doesn't do much more than her regular attack, nice for clearing the adds but that's about it. Aki's mage, Vex's mage and a random Bilgitto I have on my list are really my saving graces.

I've decided I'm going to keep Armilus. The game is really showing the need for strong alternative teams for events. Armilus means I don't have to spend any rings or spin the gatcha for a level 70 (provided I get the level 80 drop) decent archer. Granted I'm giving up 60+ rings for this, I'm not exactly hurting for them right now. I have almost 400 now. More than enough for Sulstan. The only trick will be getting enough to MLB Lindsey when she comes around again.
Sorry for the delay!

Nope, it seems I didn't have you on my Friend List. I've sent you an invite [name is CrnoCF in-game].

chrono01

If we follow JPCC's schedule, any guesses as to when V2 will hit? Weren't we close as far as story goes?
Not sure, but hopefully soon. I'm sitting on like...8 Premium Tickets and 350 Prysma. I refuse to use them when I know rates will be essentially doubled in V2.

Yaari

Not sure, but hopefully soon. I'm sitting on like...8 Premium Tickets and 350 Prysma. I refuse to use them when I know rates will be essentially doubled in V2.

At this point I might do the same. Knowing its around the corner, I can wait for Lilith. I guess.

elty

I feel that this game has lots of potential. I think this is better than the FFRK besides the nostalgia value. However the game was surprisingly good:
- they rebalance the elite dungeon after complain
- gives out free mythril for a typo
- dramatically increase the reward and lower the cost for the current event compared to Japan
- Character is not behind a paywall and easy to obtain
- nothing cost hours of AP to do. The current event can be completed (from easy to hard) in about 5 hours worth of stamina. Compared to the 200 AP I spent on yesterday daily and still could not complete the 10AP one.
- no 30 hours maintenance, actually no maintenance at all.

The only thing is they don't have a real rate up event, but the base rate is 5% which is much higher than this game.

I feel that this game has lots of potential. I think this is better than the FFRK besides the nostalgia value. However the game was surprisingly good:
- they rebalance the elite dungeon after complain
- gives out free mythril for a typo
- dramatically increase the reward and lower the cost for the current event compared to Japan
- Character is not behind a paywall and easy to obtain
- nothing cost hours of AP to do. The current event can be completed (from easy to hard) in about 5 hours worth of stamina. Compared to the 200 AP I spent on yesterday daily and still could not complete the 10AP one.
- no 30 hours maintenance, actually no maintenance at all.

The only thing is they don't have a real rate up event, but the base rate is 5% which is much higher than this game.

Most of those complaints are really due to Gumi, lol

garath

Oh damn sorry Garath, I activated that 1HP bug, sorry man :/

Ha. No worries. Its my fault. I should have had it on my third soul but I miss microed and lost my mage. Finished with like 5k HP left :(

Gonna see if one more soul finishes it. I think I read someone said they didn't fix the 1hp bug but you can finish it with one more. Worth a try. I have to go to bed anyways. I can just pound vigor tomorrow and hit 80 if worst comes to worst

Edit: yep! At least gumi gave us that bone. The boss had 1hp left. One shot her with the additional soul. Whew. Ok. 3 more to go. Tomorrow though. Bed time. Thanks again for all the help :)

Rixa

Edit: yep! At least gumi gave us that bone. The boss had 1hp left. One shot her with the additional soul. Whew. Ok. 3 more to go. Tomorrow though. Bed time. Thanks again for all the help :)

Actually it dies before you hit it :). I have had 2 times Armilus 1HP bug. You just need to reach demon and it dies.

110 is where I stopped, helping others now. Over 90 DC pulls without single 3* :p. Ofc no wands or demons.

Gizuko

Sorry Oreoleo and Desverger, I just woke up to see the help requests :x It was night time here, sorry I couldn't be of any help.

desverger

Sorry Oreoleo and Desverger, I just woke up to see the help requests :x It was night time here, sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Don't worry! I just always send the request as a precaution, even though I can 3-soul it.

It's kind of silly you can only send the help request on your first try :p

desverger

I'm stuck at level 71. I can do less than 100k dmg ;_;
Raid is over for me.

I'm sure we can help you? I'm almost at my goal of 83, just 1 more to go but currently trying to help others. Send a few my way at least.

edit: Garath, I'll kill yours in 25 min, if you want :p

Aki-at

Ha. No worries. Its my fault. I should have had it on my third soul but I miss microed and lost my mage. Finished with like 5k HP left :(

Gonna see if one more soul finishes it. I think I read someone said they didn't fix the 1hp bug but you can finish it with one more. Worth a try. I have to go to bed anyways. I can just pound vigor tomorrow and hit 80 if worst comes to worst

Oh good! Well Gumi at least partially fixed the issue this time.

See your last one has only got 15k health left so I'll leave you with the honour of finishing her off.

garath

I'm stuck at level 71. I can do less than 100k dmg ;_;
Raid is over for me.

On the bright side, it doesn't get much tougher than the 71 up to 80. Just keel sending out the friend requests. I'm not even going to bother doing any more after I hit 80. I'll just focus on helping.

Oh good! Well Gumi at least partially fixed the issue this time.

See your last one has only got 15k health left so I'll leave you with the honour of finishing her off.

Yaari

I'm only reaching 100 because of Aludra friends. Takes 4 Orbs at this point but don't have much better to use em on anyway.

No luck with the Demon but I'm fine with that.

BJK

My strategy fit this raid from 70 onward has pretty much fallen apart. I made a lot of headway with Alvert tanking the boss, 3 mages lined up dps-ing, and a healer keeping the tank up. When Alvert dies, Deed sprints in off the bench, covering my mages from the boss. As soon as all the adds are on the field, my guest Mage (Cheery or Aludra) bombs them all away.

That stops working when Deed gets stuck in the adds, because Al gets demolished by the boss. 85-86 is the point I can't get bosses down with 4 orbs anymore. Frustrating to be close to Lv. 100 & the extra premium ticket, but this raid is a lot tougher than Coro was.

I'll try to keep an eye out for help requests; may try to put up another raid or 2 going forward, but I just don't have the firepower to keep going.

I have yet to get a spare raid weapon in either this raid or Coro; my good fortune has allowed me to get a 2nd weapon with the gacha character (Juliana, now Filiana). Did get 1 gold chest (at Lv 78), but no demon from coins thus far.

Gizuko

I have found that if you can field 2-3 wand users -your wand user and a friend- the best course of action is to set a mage with a ranged skill (Cheery if at all possible) and only use her skill when an arrow is about to hit her, or just as her attack animation finishes. This should help prevent dps loss by not stopping the outgoing attack as well as keep your Cheery safe -due to invuln frames.

Meanwhile your adds -that is, non-ranged fodder- should make their way to Arminus, to take a hit or two for your frontline Mage. Fielding Filiana lets you add a third mage to the main column, since she should stay close to the boss. Also, don't be afraid to drop a Cheery/Aludra bomb when the miniboss spawns, if you can't kill those shield adds fast enough.

Didn't help me beat lvl100, though, since time was the deciding factor, instead of characters dying. I just spammed a friend Cheery's skill through that lvl, though.

elty

My strategy for 70+. 2 fighters 3 wiz

Wave 1: one wiz in each role, range down the add
Wave 2: three wiz in middle row, range down the mini boss, use fighter to tank when get close, finish the add.
Wave 3: three wiz in top row, 2 melee in middle row. The middle row cleric won't hit you, and once the top row archer die the bottom row one will move up and die.
Wave 4: three wiz in middle row, Coro in bottom row and the other on top row. Move in melee 1 to tank, move in Coro and time for AE. Move wiz to top or bottom to clear add if necessary. Spam skill with your highest level wiz. Sacrifice replacement wiz as soon as possible for mana.

Can still 2-4 souls a lv 84 down, depends on what friend I get/reroll. My team has only lv 30ish wiz though.

Gizuko

I left that one barely alive, since you did most of the damage and I don't really plan on using my souls much more anyway. I don't know how much damage you can do on a single run, so you probably could have killed her without me pitching in, but at least I get some coins this way :p

garath

I wish I could level minimo in time. She's only 12 but already has 2300 attack. My only current wand user is lizorette and only has 3200 attack at level 47. Would be sweet having two wands plus a friend.

desverger

I left that one barely alive, since you did most of the damage and I don't really plan on using my souls much more anyway. I don't know how much damage you can do on a single run, so you probably could have killed her without me pitching in, but at least I get some coins this way :p

Thanks! It was actually needed. I used my first soul to help Garath, since I was thinking I was gonna 3-soul it anyway - but I messed up a little on the first try on my own demon and only did 100k.. So I couldn't have finished it with 3 :p

I usually do 200k-ish, if I can roll a full mana bar before the boss.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm doing ok so far, but if I hit a dry patch with mana then it is getting tight. Need at least 2 red for Coro, and 6 purple for my Mages. This is around level 60 with 1 soul. Not sure where I'm going to stop but it can be a handy source of enhancers - both as spoils and from the demon recruiting.

Oreoleo

No sweat man! You've helped me plenty. I actually managed to beat 80 on my own with 4 souls. Just had to reroll my friends a couple times so I could use the same friends Cheery twice. If I could use that Cheery every time I bet I could get to 90 no problem. But as it is I think I'm basically done with the raid now. The drops have been really bad for me.

garath

Woot. Finished level 80. Was a nice clean 3 soul. I could go higher I'm sure but not a lot of motivation to do so. I'll focus more on helping now.

Going to LB2 the demon and start leveling her. Hard to argue with a level 70 archer for 60 rings.

Rixa

Sorry Zhe, couldnt finish. It had 8k left when time run out.

Armilus771hp.PNG
You wasted 1 soul more :(.

Miff

Hi All, GAF newbie here. Nice to meet you etc. :)

Cleared lvl 80 today and now focusing on helping others. At this point I'm doing between 150k - 200k damage. Welcome to add me if you have any free slots and I'll help chip at any demons that come my way (souls / life permitting). 115,994,211 / マットGAF

The raid has been kind to me so far. I had no mages prior and kept pulling 4* spear users on the gacha, so ended up having to use a 3* Minimo. But seem to have progressed well and also got (super) lucky on the demon recruit with 2 x Armilus. Those damn illusive wands though...

Wow that damage requirement ramps up a lot. i'm only doing around 190k at level 65 - will I need to switch to 3 souls soon?

Possibly, it's not just the damage requirement; there's also a more difficult wave in the 70's. Not too difficult to clear but it might suck up one of your specials or do a bit of damage depending on how you tackle it.

Vecks

I finally got my first Armilus from a chest at 96. I'm definitely going to have enough fortune rings for Sulstan now. Just need 80 more.

Quixzlizx

Hi All, GAF newbie here. Nice to meet you etc. :)

Cleared lvl 80 today and now focusing on helping others. At this point I'm doing between 150k - 200k damage. Welcome to add me if you have any free slots and I'll help chip at any demons that come my way (souls / life permitting). 115,994,211 / マットGAF

The raid has been kind to me so far. I had no mages prior and kept pulling 4* spear users on the gacha, so ended up having to use a 3* Minimo. But seem to have progressed well and also got (super) lucky on the demon recruit with 2 x Armilus. Those damn illusive wands though...

Possibly, it's not just the damage requirement; there's also a more difficult wave in the 70's. Not too difficult to clear but it might suck up one of your specials or do a bit of damage depending on how you tackle it.

Welcome aboard! Sent you an invite, although I've already hit a brick wall at 87 and I'm now just doing requests. I've gotten 0 demons and 0 wands so far, so I guess this raid wasn't meant for me, lol.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How is armilus generally? I have the one from level 30(?) and I just pulled one with a demon recruit, and I'm targetting to get the level 80 one as well. So is she worth level breaking? I could sell all three for 60 rings, or keep her unbroken and sell the two copies for 40 rings..

Yaari

How is armilus generally? I have the one from level 30(?) and I just pulled one with a demon recruit, and I'm targetting to get the level 80 one as well. So is she worth level breaking? I could sell all three for 60 rings, or keep her unbroken and sell the two copies for 40 rings..

If you plan on keeping her at all, I'd suggest keeping them all. If you are going to sell them you might as well get rid of them all. I'm keeping them, rings are not too hard to get and this event made me realize I will have some issues when the Demon Raid doesn't involve warriors.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you plan on keeping her at all, I'd suggest keeping them all. If you are going to sell them you might as well get rid of them all. I'm keeping them, rings are not too hard to get and this event made me realize I will have some issues when the Demon Raid doesn't involve warriors.

I guess. I was previously warrior only with Elemia as healer Mage. This event has had me upgrade my Mages, and a couple of decent archers can't hurt (have Tigre too). I already have a semi ok knight setup but I'm not a big fan, except for barienna and fan fan's defence specials.

Top Bottom